Moving Story threads question

Scythe Bearer

Would you please consider moving the story threads into a category of group all their own, much like the gallery?   These threads have a lot of churn, and their constant updates make identifying other non-fiction content difficult. 

If that's actually something people want to see, yes, we can give them their own category on the forum, but they won't be able to be put into something sectioned off like the gallery. That's just not how the IPB package works.

Leaving the decision to the very people creating the threads will yield a fairly predictable response.  Not to worry, though  I just blocked a dozen people, and the story threads are no  longer a problem.  I just hope they, nor I, ever wish to communicate on other matters. 

I have a thread called "The Saga of Uncus". Simultaneously I also started a comment thread, then posted a link in the  introduction of my story thread and requested that if people wanted to comment would they please do it on the comment thread. If anyone does post on the story thread I flag it and request a moderator to move the comment to the comments thread and supply a link to make life easy for the moderator. this seems to work well and people can still post reaction emojis and any unwanted comment within the story end up where they should be. As you will see if you take a look my story thread is clean for just a little effort when creating my two threads.

I think I'd just rather do my story in the gallery thread as I'm going to post pics anyway right?  Just put the story in the comment section with each pic.  Been kind of doing that anyway but can certainly put more into it.  Of course this is assuming the gallery pic comment section allows lengthy comments, not sure what the character limit is.

I agree that the stories could be moved to their own category. I do like reading them from time to time. It brings back some of the feel of Andalay Bay's sites. Many of us have a story in mind as we progress. It's nice to see some written down.

But posting them in General Discussion means they dominate the recents. When I'm looking in on a Sunday evening, I'm just trying to see all the recent topics at a glance.

Wherever they end up going, they're going to dominate the recents if that's what's being posted. That listing doesn't discriminate based on which forum or category something is posted in.

9 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Wherever they end up going, they're going to dominate the recents if that's what's being posted. That listing doesn't discriminate based on which forum or category something is posted in.

Well I don't see gallery updates being posted in the recent stuff, so again if there's enough room to post lengthy comments on gallery pics, that's a place they could go.  The only issue would be for someone that doesn't post pics with their story, but so far it seems like most do, or at least can.  I'll try doing a 'story' in Member's Gallery and see if it becomes a nuisance (assuming I find the time to do some playing).

I do no want these story threads crammed into the Gallery or some obscure corner.  I just do not want them flooding other categories with their updates and inevitable comments. 

I want to know that a new post in General Discussion is truly a general discussion and not the latest chapter in an ongoing saga.  I want to know that new posts in Fallout and Elder Scrolls are indeed related to a discussion of issues regarding Fallout and Elder Scrolls, and not a new video of someone's game play.  

That is all. 

As Arthmoor said, they will dominate the recent threads. Looking at General Discussion, it's not a busy forum right now - relatively speaking. Busy is when you have to scroll more than a single page to read all recent thread.

If they start to proliferate and the posters themselves want a separate section that's fine but banishing them from General at present seems excessive.