NexusMods Refugees

SkyLover

8 hours ago, Bersark93 said:

I think I might qualify for this, I still have mods I have made released already on the nexus for those who need them there but I don't really feel right about the new updates there (several changes that make me uncertain for the future) so any new mods I might make might not end up there. Modders I respect have also left over this and I want to be able to support them in the other places they might end up, so um hello :D

Just been over to take a peek, some good stuff to be seen there. Joined up and posted a video to feel the water so to speek.

Sorry folks, cleaned up some posts that were dipping down into taboo topics.

Let's keep this thread on track as a welcome to our friends from Nexus, please. :)

The mod user community is making a list of where to find mods that have been removed from the Nexus, I am a very very small mod author and I enjoy tinkering and learning but I am by no means equipped to maintain mods full time for collections. However, if you are looking for the alternative file sites for some of your favorite mods that are no longer available I have included the link to the google docs file below. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im5Mg-l2btRsYVOjaJa0slrjDcXNvi41J5pHw_Zuwqw/edit

1 hour ago, InstantHero said:

The mod user community is making a list of where to find mods that have been removed from the Nexus, I am a very very small mod author and I enjoy tinkering and learning but I am by no means equipped to maintain mods full time for collections. However, if you are looking for the alternative file sites for some of your favorite mods that are no longer available I have included the link to the google docs file below. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im5Mg-l2btRsYVOjaJa0slrjDcXNvi41J5pHw_Zuwqw/edit

Do you have. or plan to have, a similar list for SSE, FO3, FNV, Oblivion, Morrowind, others? 

15 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

Do you have. or plan to have, a similar list for SSE, FO3, FNV, Oblivion, Morrowind, others? 

I'm not in charge of this project but it is being hosted by these gentlemen here at discord https://discord.gg/uuwrseFB

Does anyone know if there's a list for Skyrim LE and SE mods that have been relocated yet?

After thinking about where to host my big files I've come to the solution to setup my own server. I have 100GB available now and a database is already installed. I noticed, that I tried that already a few years ago - I completely forgot about it :teehee:

I noticed I have setup a gallery, but I have no idea how to reach it from the internet. Alright, I start by zero. When it's done, I will post the links where you will find me and my stuff.

I will still try to be around here and on nexus, but developing my stuff eats up nearly every free moment I have. I dearly want to finish what I started in 2015.

And I need you: the comunity for feedback and the exchange of knowledge - I'm still a scripting noob, yes :redface:.

32 minutes ago, Tasheni said:

After thinking about where to host my big files I've come to the solution to setup my own server. I have 100GB available now and a database is already installed. I noticed, that I tried that already a few years ago - I completely forgot about it :teehee:

I noticed I have setup a gallery, but I have no idea how to reach it from the internet. Alright, I start by zero. When it's done, I will post the links where you will find me and my stuff.

I will still try to be around here and on nexus, but developing my stuff eats up nearly every free moment I have. I dearly want to finish what I started in 2015.

And I need you: the comunity for feedback and the exchange of knowledge - I'm still a scripting noob, yes :redface:.

I shall good luck in your new endeavour, looking forward to when you have your server up and running.

Thank you. I had a really bad day trying to setup this wordpress cms they way I want it to work. I was not successfull, so it may take some weeks. Or months. Don't know. Oh well, all I want to do is to work on my mods and collaborate with other mod authors. Hm, I will be successful, I will, I will :lmao:

On 8/3/2021 at 2:30 PM, Tasheni said:

I still have mods in development from 2007 :whistle:

Hello, i'm not a Modder, just a User from Nexus, but I am disgusted by what Nexus has done, it's reprehensible to treat their bread and butter, the Modders, as they are doing. So though I'm not really a refugee, I am following Modders in support. I will probably still check Nexus for various Mods (until I can wean off), but am no longer paying for premium and no longer directing new players to Nexus, I will no longer support Nexus, what they have done is simply wrong.

Sadly without a site very similar to Nexus in terms of features most modders works will go unnoticed. I know I won't spend a lot of time scoring Google for new mods. Also any of the sites that don't support basic systems like mod "following" so that I know when an update happens or a favorite modder creates something new I won't use that site.  Maybe time will be on Nexus's side and MAs that want to reach users will have to use Nexus but the company will never been seen the same way again nor trusted again.

Threads have been started in the Steam forums for listing where people are posting their mods if they have removed them from Nexus.

For Skyrim Special Edition:
[SSE] Where to find Nexus mod refugees?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/3050611812302244828/

For Fallout 4:
[FO4] Where to find Nexus mod refugees?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/3055115411886597793/

Those who have information as to where mod authors are or will be posting their mods, should post in the appropriate thread - it would be tremendously appreciated!

Also, thank you to all the wonderful and talented people who through their efforts have brought so much enjoyment to so many - may you all continue to do so! And thank you to AFK Mods and Arthmoor for all the wonderful work that they have done!

Hello everyone,

Not sure I qualify as a Nexus refugee precisely. But I find myself unable to live in harmony with the changes happening over there. So today the exodus begins. Spent the night packaging mods and will soon start the process of uploading over here. Probably will leave a number of things uploaded there. But I'm posting notices that no further updates will be uploaded to any existing Nexus pages. AFK is the home base moving forward.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:30 PM, SkyLover said:

Saw a similar thread for Bethesda.net refugees to find each other again, and I felt that with everything going on over at Nexus, it'd be nice to have a thread for its refugees to find each other too.

Nexus refugee here the only reason I haven't made the switch fully because I find vortex handy to use especially since I don't have the time or patience to deal with the manual download and trying to sort out the order myself

On 8/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, mhahn123 said:

Hello everyone,

Not sure I qualify as a Nexus refugee precisely. But I find myself unable to live in harmony with the changes happening over there. So today the exodus begins. Spent the night packaging mods and will soon start the process of uploading over here. Probably will leave a number of things uploaded there. But I'm posting notices that no further updates will be uploaded to any existing Nexus pages. AFK is the home base moving forward.

Hey

I ow you some meshes, don't I... Sorry about that. Thesis and things.

All done now, though, so if you still want them I'll get back to that.

On 8/8/2021 at 3:21 AM, mhahn123 said:

Hello everyone,

Sounds good! :)

The idea of an Oblivion BOSS redivivus thread from AL might be something to set aside for the slow cooker as well. :)

I'm just a Nexus user but after reading the "Important Notice" Nexus posted, this feels like where I should be. I never expected Nexus to do the mod authors dirty like this. It looks like that might've been part of the plan though.

14 hours ago, Sigurð Stormhand said:

Hey

I ow you some meshes, don't I... Sorry about that. Thesis and things.

All done now, though, so if you still want them I'll get back to that.

Oh hiya Sigurd. Had my hands full with other things as well. Yes I very much still want those. Finished up all the other wind and water mills I was working on back then. Hope to be able to get my project back on the burner over here.

9 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Sounds good! :)

The idea of an Oblivion BOSS redivivus thread from AL might be something to set aside for the slow cooker as well. :)

Yes I want very much to get BOSS updated once again as well. Haven't forked a repository to my new laptop yet though.

Im a little confused can some one explain all this in a simple way

is there a bad guy?

why are mods been taken down?

why is there a flood of nexus members signing up (over 100 in the last 2-3 days?)

like it be nice to get the full story?

29 minutes ago, Sah said:

Im a little confused can some one explain all this in a simple way

is there a bad guy?

why are mods been taken down?

why is there a flood of nexus members signing up (over 100 in the last 2-3 days?)

like it be nice to get the full story?

To simplify, Nexus has been working in the background for a long time now to implement a new "feature". Part of the process involves permanently archiving mod files so they are always available to be used in this new feature. And the only choice mod authors are getting is to a. go along for the ride, or b. remove your stuff within 30 days. Many of us are going with choice b.

This, although the real stink came when people realised Nexus had been quietly archiving for months, meaning the feature went live before it was announced. It's also worth noting that the initial removal process was very arduous and it was only after concerted pushback that it was made easier.

Fairly sure I qualify haha...

Been a member of nexus for a pretty long time, and I have been a mod author for around two and a half years.

My mods like Rechambering the Commonwealth, really helped me gain traction and experience as a modder. Forementioned mod is now obsolete as it has been replaced by my new mod Delirium.

After the insanity with nexus starting going full speed I had to get off the platform.

I don't hate the idea of mod packs, I hate how they are going about implementing them, and the consequences it inflicts on mod authors as a result.

So now here I am!

Big howdy to all my fellow nexus refugees!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, smr1957 said:

Threads have been started in the Steam forums for listing where people are posting their mods if they have removed them from Nexus.

For Skyrim Special Edition:
[SSE] Where to find Nexus mod refugees?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/3050611812302244828/

For Fallout 4:
[FO4] Where to find Nexus mod refugees?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/3055115411886597793/

Is there one for Oblivion?