Fan fictions?

R4msden-Nord21

Hello all.

Whats the chance of having a pinned topic for fan fictions?

Not long before the closure of the old forums I posted quite a cool little short story… and one that potentially had legs for more.

I think it would be great to have something similar here!

I imagine this would be a good question to ask in the Feedback thread in the Site Issues forum.   :)

On 7/6/2021 at 11:51 AM, Pseron Wyrd said:

I imagine this would be a good question to ask in the Feedback thread in the Site Issues forum.   :)

congratulations :dancing: ... you where the last post on the Bethesda site :clap:

did you have by any chance have any inside information? :whistle:

39 minutes ago, Sah said:

did you have by any chance have any inside information? 

I actually didn't know it had been closed until I read your post just now.  I logged onto my alternate account to check it out (the forums are still functioning on my Pseron Wyrd account). Well, it's very a sad day for me.  Beth's forums have been a big part of my life for over 19 years.  Discord will never truly take the place of forums, in my opinion.    

I’ve posted this as a request on the above mentioned Feedback thread as well, so I guess we will see what happens…

The only issue I've had with these in the past (and I do like them) is the mixing up of the stories in one thread.  Kind of like the galleries I wish we could just each have our own Fan Fic thread for the story we're telling.  But, at the same time having it all in one place makes finding the next updated story easy to find.  Regardless I wouldn't mind participating either as a reader or writer.

I started one thread for my “Saga of Uncus” and request people not to coment in the story thread but in the linked coments thread I had created. So far so goed and if anyone does post in the story I ask a moderator to move it to the coments thread, problem solved.

48 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

The only issue I've had with these in the past (and I do like them) is the mixing up of the stories in one thread. 

I think a fan fiction forum would be the way to go then, rather than a pinned thread.

8 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I think a fan fiction forum would be the way to go then, rather than a pinned thread.

Same here. Otherwise it would be difficult to follow a particular story you were interested in because of all of the other stories mixed in with it.

Seconded, or thirded or forthed what ever….I agree.

I am partial to penning the occasional short story…like a one page unconnected cameo.  It would be nice to have a place for those.  Then of course I might get around to something more grandiose…meaning a proper novel sized story too.

What does Art say?

I have actually taken note of what has been said in an earlier post, and I guess it does make a lot more sense for those that are interested in such to post the one topic and simply update it with the story / fan fiction as it develops… that way we don’t lose track and it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

I have myself posted one in my latest topic, The Days Knight. Have a look and see what you think 😉

3 hours ago, R4msden-Nord21 said:

I have actually taken note of what has been said in an earlier post, and I guess it does make a lot more sense for those that are interested in such to post the one topic and simply update it with the story / fan fiction as it develops… that way we don’t lose track and it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

I have myself posted one in my latest topic, The Days Knight. Have a look and see what you think 😉

R4msden has posted a promising first instalment to a new saga within the framework of the Elder Scrolls world, I am looking forward to the next instalment. I do think that it would be a good idea if we as a community agreed that we will refrain from posting lengthy replies in the actual story thread to preserve its continuity. Leaving a reaction by pressing the like button would be acceptable, but if you wish to say more post it here in this thread or PM the author.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 6:35 AM, Uncus said:

R4msden has posted a promising first instalment to a new saga within the framework of the Elder Scrolls world, I am looking forward to the next instalment. I do think that it would be a good idea if we as a community agreed that we will refrain from posting lengthy replies in the actual story thread to preserve its continuity. Leaving a reaction by pressing the like button would be acceptable, but if you wish to say more post it here in this thread or PM the author.

Agreed!

I read ‘A days knight’ but refrained from clogging up the thread with my opinion.  Worse in story threads is when posters go off the rails and start a discussion, sometimes fatuous, that has nothing to do with the story at all hmmm!

@R4msden-Nord21 a nice continuation of your story, I have the feeling it is the prelude to a significant story development. I have only one slight quibble the black text on a dark back ground makes it difficult to read, apart from that looking forward to the next instalment.

Yeah I managed to copy it to white on the first post and now I can’t remember how I did it! Trying to sort it out.

8 hours ago, Uncus said:

@R4msden-Nord21 a nice continuation of your story, I have the feeling it is the prelude to a significant story development. I have only one slight quibble the black text on a dark back ground makes it difficult to read, apart from that looking forward to the next instalment.

That's usually due to the program you're copying it from copying the formatting. The way around it is to do Ctrl-Shift-V instead of just Ctrl-V, that tells it to paste in plain text and use the destination's defaults :)

I’m actually writing this out in my notes, iPhone lol. I think I’ve figured it out now though.

14 minutes ago, R4msden-Nord21 said:

I’m actually writing this out in my notes, iPhone lol. I think I’ve figured it out now though.

dam you must have good eyesight, I do my stuff on my desktop or laptop, I-Pad works as well but I-phone is just to small for my liking.

To be fair, I do have a laptop but it’s not been in use for some time. I’d probably get this fan fiction done by the time all the updates and firewall checks got done 😏