Thoughts on Fallout 4.

Fenrus

42 minutes ago, slink said:

The beef about more male companions than female companions is certainly justified, if you ignore whether or not they can be romanced.  There are seven (nine if you include DLC) male companions and three female companions.  On the other hand, all three female companions can be romanced and only four of the seven (or nine) male companions can be romanced.  One of those four, who turned out to be my favorite after I used a mod to slightly improve his appearance, was probably intended to be a joke (Hancock).  I like to travel with Hancock and Longfellow because they are in agreement with my philosophies regarding killing and looting.  It is unfortunate that Longfellow cannot be romanced but I suppose they never expected any old women to be playing the game.  *laughing*

I really would have liked to have been able to romance Isabel Cruz.  Can't believe that wasn't an option.  Also Kasumi Nakano, though she wasn't technically a companion.  But she was finally a cute Asian female, something I could never make in the CC myself.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Also Kasumi Nakano, though she wasn't technically a companion.

I wish Kasumi was the companion instead of Longfellow. Or Isabel also. Especially if one of them was 'pro Institute.':D

--

It has been years since I played New Vegas, I think it did the settlements and skill checks better than Fallout 4. But I do remember being more focused on the quests in NV.

In Fallout 4, my character is a lot more free roaming, spending many hours not doing any quests. Mostly just exploring and settlement building. (As well as testing my mods.)

3 hours ago, Fenrus said:

I wish Kasumi was the companion instead of Longfellow. Or Isabel also. Especially if one of them was 'pro Institute.':D

Well clearly Kasumi wouldn't be pro institute with all the love she has for the toasters.  However Isabel with her love of technology I could see as an easy fit.  Heck I could see the Institute even trying to recruit her like they did that one scientist from the surface.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fenrus said:

--

It has been years since I played New Vegas, I think it did the settlements and skill checks better than Fallout 4. But I do remember being more focused on the quests in NV.

In Fallout 4, my character is a lot more free roaming, spending many hours not doing any quests. Mostly just exploring and settlement building. (As well as testing my mods.)

Why not both, or all three for that matter.  I just wish I could romance Longfellow.  He doesn't look too old for that.  :P

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Well clearly Kasumi wouldn't be pro institute with all the love she has for the toasters.

Gives Kasumi a new Institute terminal - "Kasumi loves that". Gives Kasumi her own gen 1 synth to repair/rebuild - "Kasumi loves that". Wouldn't be too hard to have max rep with her. Afterall one of my Institute characters romanced Piper after opening lots of safes. :D:P

• 9 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 9:43 PM, Fenrus said:

A thread to post about your thoughts on Fallout 4. Such as likes/dislikes, the story, game play, favorite factions etc..

Some of mine to start:

Far Harbor was my favorite DLC.

I like the Nuka World location. But never played as a Raider. (Except for a test when the NW was new.)

I have thought for years that the option to be a raider should have been in the base game. Nukaworld's quest should have been for everyone. Like Far harbor's was.

My secret to enjoying Fallout 4 is to tell my own story, make some mods and build settlements. Expecially modded settlements filled with synths. :-)

I think the two factions that didn't allow your character to become leader were the two most 'thought out' factions quest wise. They both had longer quest lines. (I think when the game was being written , Bethesda thought most players would side with either the BOS or the RR.)

The Institute is my favorite faction, but its questline was very ordinary in places. I didn't mind being made Director, but there was nothing to do.

Who did 'Wallace' (recruited by the Institute) work for and where did he get his knowledge?.

The companions were generally well done. Sometimes I do wonder why there were so many blokes?

My biggest thing on the game is all of the people when posting a mod that doesn't fit their standard and they say it's not immersive, especially adult mods like nude pictures. Boston is FULL of adult shops, and when is the last time you could fir a sniper rifle in a lunchbox? The game is not immersive at all.