Two Questions on Wrye Bash 3.09: Is it safe to tag a mod as an ESL? Could somebody please direct me to an up-to-date Dyndolod Tutorial designed for Wrye Bash ?

Sonja

So... Basically as the title says. :)

I just got a brand new system, and decided it was time to update Wrye Bash so that I could use it exclusively for mod installations. Previously, I used the Community version of NMM for the occasional FOMOD that I was too lazy to repack... but now.. there's no longer any need, yay!!!

I've spent a happy evening installing mods for both SSE and FO4, and I noticed you can identify if a mod is a suitable candidate for ESL-flagging... and then just do it... which is amazing! I am wondering though, what are peoples' experiences with this? I'm assuming it's safe?

Also... I very much want to see if I can successfully install Dyndolod into Skyrim SE... For some odd reason, I managed it for LE many years ago (perhaps compensation for the continual CTDs, but I digress), but my efforts trying to get it working nicely in SE have been spectacularly unsuccessful... with funky lods every bloody where. Indisputably, I'm doing something wrong, and part of the problem is that it seems impossible to find a good, current guide for WB users, so I've had to try applying instructions intended for other mod managers. Every tutorial I've seen appears to assume people are using MO2.... and while I'm sure it's a perfectly decent manager, WB is what I know, and it's never let me down over the years. So... I'd love to be able to use it for Dyndolod.

Thanks for any advice!

Generally I like to look at the plugin (right click -> Details on the plugin itself) and look at what records it contains.

If it is super-simple I'll flag it in Bash. If it is fairly complicated I'll pop it into xEdit and run the ESL checker script on it.

This whole process is easiest on mods that don't have any assets. :)

Thanks so much!

I've also noticed, in general,  that a lot of the mods that seem esl-capable are the same ones that were merged into the Bash Patch in previous Wrye Bash versions, which makes sense.

Right now I'm slowly building my FO4 install, with a test character, which has given me room to experiment, and, so far, those mods I've given an esl tag are behaving well.

On 6/26/2021 at 7:10 AM, Sonja said:

Also... I very much want to see if I can successfully install Dyndolod into Skyrim SE... For some odd reason, I managed it for LE many years ago (perhaps compensation for the continual CTDs, but I digress), but my efforts trying to get it working nicely in SE have been spectacularly unsuccessful... with funky lods every bloody where. Indisputably, I'm doing something wrong, and part of the problem is that it seems impossible to find a good, current guide for WB users, so I've had to try applying instructions intended for other mod managers. Every tutorial I've seen appears to assume people are using MO2.... and while I'm sure it's a perfectly decent manager, WB is what I know, and it's never let me down over the years. So... I'd love to be able to use it for Dyndolod.

I know the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide is for Oblivion, but the basics are pretty much the same for both SLE and SSE.

There is also a DynoLOD guide posted here .  Although, I am not entirely sure if that will work for SSE.