Deleting Attachments

LeBurns

I know there's a limit on forum post attachments, but how do you delete one?

I thought I would be able to just see it in the list and click it and delete it, but I don't see that option.  So I went to the actual post of some of my older (no longer relevant) attachments and it seems I can't delete them there either.  So how it this cleaned up in case you get close to the limit?

Hit the edit button then click next to or under the attatchment then hit back space until it is deleted.

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

Hit the edit button then click next to or under the attatchment then hit back space until it is deleted.

I tried that and it didn't work.

BUT, I figured it out.  When in EDIT mode go to the attachment box below the text and in the right bottom corner of the attachment is a little trash can icon.  I clicked it and now the attachment is gone.

Would be nice to be able to delete them from the 'My Attachments' listing, but at least I got it now.

You should actually be able to do it from that listing as well. On the very right of each entry in the list, there should be a checkbox. If you click that, then a pop-up option should appear at the bottom of the screen that says something like "With 2 selected" and a trash can icon next to it. You can select as many items on the list as you want, and should be able to delete them en masse. Just be careful because deletions are unforgiving :P

Or click on the drop down menu in your user profile (where the user needs to do when either login or logout) and there is a "My attachments" option.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:21 AM, Leonardo said:

Or click on the drop down menu in your user profile (where the user needs to do when either login or logout) and there is a "My attachments" option.

That's actually where I was trying to delete them from.  I knew there must be a way, but just wasn't seeing it.  Thanks.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:44 PM, Arthmoor said:

You should actually be able to do it from that listing as well. On the very right of each entry in the list, there should be a checkbox. If you click that, then a pop-up option should appear at the bottom of the screen that says something like "With 2 selected" and a trash can icon next to it. You can select as many items on the list as you want, and should be able to delete them en masse. Just be careful because deletions are unforgiving :P

Not seeing a checkbox.  I'm on PC, using Chrome.

Clipboard02.jpg

Sometimes I wonder about the default settings in this package. It was turned off, you should be able to do it now.

I'll look into raising the limit some too, but I can't remove it. We don't have the space to allow everyone to go unlimited on something like this. So I'd suggest finding ways to reduce the size of the attached content so your quota spaces will last longer. Even a slight reduction in compression quality can have a huge impact on the file size of an image. I have to do it all the time when uploading images for mods to Steam Workshop and so far Paint.net hasn't caused a noticeable drop in their visual quality.

6 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Sometimes I wonder about the default settings in this package. It was turned off, you should be able to do it now.

I'll look into raising the limit some too, but I can't remove it. We don't have the space to allow everyone to go unlimited on something like this. So I'd suggest finding ways to reduce the size of the attached content so your quota spaces will last longer. Even a slight reduction in compression quality can have a huge impact on the file size of an image. I have to do it all the time when uploading images for mods to Steam Workshop and so far Paint.net hasn't caused a noticeable drop in their visual quality.

Got them now!

I am curious as to why the 'Gallery' images don't seem to affect this limit.  I've added many images to a Gallery, yet those do not appear to be added to the limit.  Are Gallery images somehow unlimited?

The gallery is an entirely separate module in IPB from the forum core.