Cheat mods... Yes, I use a lot of them!

phatbassanchor

Greetings friends:highfive:

Y'all know that Phat cheats... a lot!  I'm always talking about it and get a lot of requests to share what mods I use.  So, here they are... all that are currently in my active LO.  These all work together very well.  Some you will see are not entirely cheats in and of themselves, they just have a few cheaty aspects or fall into that ever grey area of debate as to whether they are cheats or not.  The way I figure it... I played the game as it was intended to be played, now I play the game how I want to play it, heavily modded!:fear::redface:  I inserted a brief description by each mod to let you know what it does.  Please feel free to post your favorite cheats here as well:construction:  As time allows, I'll post more about the different mods I've tried and why I love them or why they left my LO. 

So, let's talk cheats!:firerabbit:

Adventure on my friends, Phat:blackhand:

Earring of Godly Unburden
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5383
Adds 100,000 carry weight capacity when equipped.  Earring of Unburden is the item name in game and can be console summoned or purchased from general goods merchants.  So, hit Lucan in RW straight out of Helgen, any general goods shop or just "make" one with the command mode. :)

Infinite Shouts (No Cooldown)
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2810
Two versions, one requires using a shrine of Talos and works on the same shrine timer before needing to be refreshed and one that only requires an Amulet of Talos be worn to effect the ability to shout like the draugr, hard, fast and continuously!  I use the amulet version.  

Perk Point Book
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2254
Adds "Ancient Text" as a book title in your inventory.  Open to read as many times as desired to receive your choice of 1, 3, 5 or 10 perk points each time the book is opened.  Super easy to use, unlimited free perk points.  Book uses the Oghma Infinium model.  

Perk Points To Dragon Souls
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28583
Whoops!  I took too many perk points from Perk Point Book!  I have more perks than I can spend now!  Oh my!  Whatever shall I do?  Well... I just installed this mod and turn them all into dragon souls.  I'm rarely short on dragon souls.  But, this mod just works too well to pass it by :)

Cheating Chests
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8769
Some in Riverwood and more in WR.  Tons of stuff.  Multiple chests containing all sorts of supplies.  For more on the Cheating and Crafting Supplies Chests see my next post below...

Cheating Crafting and Enchanting Equipment
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1822
Places a barrel in Riverwood containing eight amulets that buff enchanting and alchemy.  There are two each of 2X, 5X, 25X and the ever ridiculous 10,000X.  I use the 5X which adds 500 to my enchanting skill for a total of 600 and all alchemy bottles are increased in potency and value by 500%.  That's more than plenty.  

Crafting Supplies - All In One 
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2359
Tons more stuff, multiple locations in game.  These respawn every time you open the lid!

Archery Tweaks
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13782
All arrows travel faster and more realistically, works on friendlies and enemies alike.  Least cheaty of all my cheats.  More of an immersion mod IMHO, Adella disagrees.  It also eliminated the enemy's Matrix style dodging.  They can and do still dodge, just a side step or a head bob instead of instantly appearing six feet to either side of where they were when you released the arrow.  How far do the arrows fly?  Last play I cleared Valtheim Towers without entering either tower.  I just stood on the path (just into the grass a bit) and rained down hellfire on those bandits!  100% KIA.  Never set foot inside.  Took me a few extra arrows, a few genuine misses and even more "bait" shots to draw them out.  But, the best shot there was hitting the archer on the far bank.  I was just trying to get close enough to draw him out on the bridge where I knew I could hit him when my arrow skewered him center mass. :)  Now that was a fine shot!  But, I couldn't have made that without Archery Tweaks.  Vanilla arrow physics barely make it to midway across the bridge.  IRL, you bet your sweet bippy that old Phat can make a shot like that.  So, Archery Tweaks is always installed.  

Faster Bow Draw
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32870
Just what is says, faster bow draw speed.  Up to the basic 15 starting skill the mod adds a 1.5X multiplier that get progressively faster as you level up to 4X normal speed at archery skill 100.  It also allows for any other bonuses like the speed and weight enhancements Nico puts on all his custom bows, shout weapon speed modifiers, Zephyr, vanilla bow draw speed perk and any other bow speed enhancements.  Everything stacks.  This actually make the bow draw closer to normal speed.  But, I don't think any human can nock an arrow quite that fast... Legolas... Maybe...  Hahaha :)

Skyrim Unlimited Rings and Amulets SSE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3057
How to make Steven Tyler say, "Wow!  That's a lotta rings, man!"  Hahaha:rofl:  Wear as many rings and amulets as you like.  No fair using duplicates.  You can have more than one ring with the same enchantment(s) as long as it's a different ring or amulet model.  I have 30 different enchantments on about 18 different vanilla rings and amulets, each one a different model of jewelry, i.e. gold ring, gold amulet, silver ring, silver amulet and so on through all the various items.  Then add Amulet of Talos, Dibella and every other piece I come across that adds at least 20% bonus to something or other and we put that on too.  After a while I have so many that I have to start dropping some just to keep my inventory straight.  So, even Phat has limits.  Hahaha :)  But, this is the most flexible of all my cheats.  Need more power?  Just add some more jewelry.  Getting bored of one hit kills?  Peel off a few items.  You can even change it out mid-combat on the fly.

Unlimited Enchantment Mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5233
This is how I load up on so many enchants on everything; thirty on jewelry, fifteen on the body, eleven on headgear, a dozen each on boots and gloves... by the time I add in all the accessory items in my apparel mashups, I have a few hundred enchantments equipped but can drop back as far as zero at anytime just by changing apparel.

Amazing Follower Tweaks SE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6656
Travel with up to seven followers at once, realign, customize and boost all their stats and skills, set their behavior and a lot more.  This mod is not necessarily a cheat as it can be used with only one follower to great effect.  But, it has some seriously cheaty features and is a must have for me since I first tried it.  I will not play without it.

Alternate Start - Live Another Life - SSE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272
A necessity for testing new mods.  It has some cheaty options like starting out owning a home.  But, there are more challenging starts too.  I consider this one a utility mod with a few cheaty options.  Thank you Arthmoor:highfive:

Staff of Shalidor
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13764
Some player home contain cheats... this home, however, is a cheat.  It's an eight weight staff that is a fairly powerful shock staff like thunderbolt with master spell level damage.  It uses a recolored staff of Magnus model and looks great.  But, it's secret lay inside the head of the staff, an interdimensional player home with full basic crafting; forge, tanning, armor bench, grind wheel, alchemy, enchanting, cookpot, a bed and nearly unlimited storage.  You'll know you put too many items in it when your trade and loot menus start to lag.  If/when that happens, just make a pitstop in your favorite stash house and drop off the overflow.  But, that usually only happens when the item count goes to far into the millions of items.  I can stash several hundred thousand items in there and never miss a beat.  So, overencumbered mid dungeon? Staff of Shalidor...  Need to temper and enchant an item you just found in the middle of no and where?  Staff of Shalidor...  Need a meal or a nap?  Staff of Shalidor...  Full service player home... on a steek.  Hahaha :)  No Jose... this is MY steek!

Dragons Keep SSE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/271
Many non-cheaty things here except for the training and trading portion of the mod.  Send a kid to school and access full training to 100 in every skill and unlimited full service trading.  Fully customizeable to suit your personal training and trading preferences.

Dragons Keep is just not nearly as convenient and easy as... 
Set Your Skills
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8663
So, this is my new skill trainer :)  Thanks for the recommendation, Uncus:highfive:

Almost forgot...
Piercing Shot - Bullseye perk replacer
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2698

Piercing Shot replaces the lame paralyzing affect of Bullseye with an armor piercing modifier similar to the the Dawnguard crossbows.  There is a 50% version and a 75% version.  I use the 75% version.

Adventure on:blackhand:

1486542186_65034-1-1430105640foreverfreemoddinglogo.png.1f74648b8113e29e6260533e3350e142.png

Cheating Chests https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8769
and Crafting Supplies - All In One https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2359
These mods have both been in my game so long that I forget which one adds what... So, I'll try to remember all that they add together.  The locations are primarily in RW and WR.  However, there are some others about like an additional enchanting items chest at Calcelmo's enchanter and a container full of all the items added by Dragonborn next to Glover's smelter.  I'm unsure If I've found them all.  Between these chests there isn't much I need to console summon.

Smithing Supplies, at least one chest by Alvor, the enchanting buff gear is in a barrel there as well.  There are two more chests at Adrianne's forge in WR.  One by Adrianne respawns 1000 each of misc items and ingredients used at the forge, the other has 5000 of everything and does not respawn.  Ores, Ingots, pelts, furs, leather, Dwemer clutter, etc... Does not have musical instruments or kids items... But, you'll never want for ores or ingots again... respawns indefinitely :) 

Enchanting supplies, Calcemo's Understone chest and another by Farengar's desk.  These have 1000 each of every filled and empty soulgem, 1000 enchanting potions and one each of all vanilla enchantments on a variety of armor and weapons.  The soul gems and potions respawn.  I only learn certain enchantments I like to avoid menu clutter.  I make all of my items the same for myself and followers to save time in crafting.  That means that there are unused enchantments on Follower gear like Fortify One/Two Handed, Archery, Alchemy and plenty they can't use.  There is another enchanting/magic chest in Farengar's bedroom.  There is one of every spell tome in game... I now know all spells.  There is another of these chests and an enchanting altar behind Sven's house.  This adds another set of enchanted gear but I only take Chaos on a battleax as these are all Nord Carved/Nordic weapons and armor.  So, I crack the iron/leather crap from the other chest to learn enchantments. :)   

Alchemy supplies, Sleeping Giant near the alchemy table, a matching chest in Arcadia's by the back door.  These have 5000 of nearly all ingredients and no respawns.  A satchel on the Dragonsreach alchemy table has a respawning thousand of nearly all ingredients.  

Note:  These chests provide nearly everything available in game but there are a few exceptions like no music gear, no kids items, missing a few ingredients such as two kinds of fish, the smithing chests have no bone hawk claws but do have the skulls and feathers... stuff like that.  They have nearly everything one might need.  There's a lot more but just one more for now...

Weapons and Apparel, one in WR under the bridge by Adrianne's forge and another behind Sven's house in RW, 50K gold, 50 lockpicks and one hundred each of nearly every weapon & apparel item in game, circlets, jewelry, helms, shields, clothing, armor, bows, blades, bludgeons and 2500 of every arrow times two chests is 5K of all arrows.  I don't take them all, just the best half.
:) :) :) :) :) 
So, I use all of the options for both mods.  The Crafting Supplies - All in One has a Riverwood and Whiterun options, I use both.  The Dragonbone (aka Glover's box of goodies) and Hearthfire (everything to build all 3 on each job site) chests, alchemy and others are optional add on files.  I use them all! 
:) :) :) :) :)
I hope this helps.  Adventure on, Phat:blackhand:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What! :crazy:.  <cough, cough> splutter!

What about self discipline, abstinence, Hard core soul cleansing punishing play?

Hundreds of what? Noooooo!  How? Why?

Really? Seriously? Have you no shame sir?

I just can’t conceive of such, such, such! Immorality!

Blatant, unabashed unrepentant even…CHEATING

Aaaagh…I’m going all wobbly

Thud! (It’s a hard floor)

Don’t worry Phat I will not give up on you, I will arrange some rehab sessions.  My Plutonium, extra severe Challange is almost ready…We will get you cheat free and off your easy play dependancy.  A few hours with all the cheats, exploits and easy play mechanics withdrawn and you’ll soon be back to full health.  Perhaps then we can slowly let you get used to taking an occasional healing potion or having one temporary follower with your urges under control.

A.:X

4 minutes ago, Adella said:

What! :crazy:.  <cough, cough> splutter!

What about self discipline, abstinence, Hard core soul cleansing punishing play?

Hundreds of what? Noooooo!  How? Why?

Really? Seriously? Have you no shame sir?

I just can’t conceive of such, such, such! Immorality!

Blatant, unabashed unrepentant even…CHEATING

Aaaagh…I’m going all wobbly

Thud! (It’s a hard floor)

Don’t worry Phat I will not give up on you, I will arrange some rehab sessions.  My Plutonium, extra severe Challange is almost ready…We will get you cheat free and off your easy play dependancy.  A few hours with all the cheats, exploits and easy play mechanics withdrawn and you’ll soon be back to full health.  Perhaps then we can slowly let you get used to taking an occasional healing potion or having one temporary follower with your urges under control.

A.:X

We are polar opposites in game play darling.  I thought you realized that long ago.  Where we have always joined was in our mutual love of Skyrim and our role playing.  It doesn't hurt that we are both rather bright candles in our little chandelier, hmmm?  

Phat cheats.  Cheating is binary.  One either cheats or does not cheat.  The only question is to what extent does one cheat.  I go all out, no holds barred cheating!  I enjoy it:wub:  I also enjoy watching my beloved Adella triumph over great adversity.  Then we lay out on deck and watch the stars and moons all night.  We each have our own ways.  Yet, we always seem to find one another in the end, no?  Hugs and Kisses:hug::wub:

Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

We are polar opposites in game play darling.  I thought you realized that long ago. 

Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

Of course I know that you big ol’ silly:hug:.   If we both did cheating there would be no comedic juxtaposition of stance hmmm.  Vive La differance! (I knew that would come in handy one day).  

A.:wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Cheating is binary.  One either cheats or does not cheat. 

I think there's some room for ambiguity.  I once got into a debate on the forums with a person about this.  I said that I often give my characters bits of starting gear, spells, and whatever else I think is necessary to help tell a character's story. I often make custom races with unique starting stats.  I use the Community Uncapper mod to give my character a few extra perk points at level 2 (to simulate skills acquired before the game begins (I like to think my characters have lives before they enter the game world).  The other person insisted, categorically, that these things were cheating.  But, to my way of thinking, they were simply a part of roleplaying that particular character. 

My current character in Oblivion is starting with twice the normal amount of magicka she could have in a vanilla game. I see this character as extraordinarily gifted in magic, something like the magical equivalent of a violin prodigy.  She has an innate gift, but she needs training before she can become a truly effective mage. Her huge magicka pool would be considered "cheating" by some.  But to me it is roleplaying.  It suits that character, the same way Anakin's unusually high Midiclorian count suited his character.

I don't think it really matters, to be honest.  As Adella says, vive la différence.  We're here to have fun. I don't think it matters how we have that fun in a single-player game.  In fact, it is often instructive and entertaining to learn how other play play.  One of my favorite YouTubers is Major Slack and he plays almost exactly the opposite of the way I play.  But, watching him play, I have learned many things I didn't know.  It's the same with Sah and Adella.  They've taught me many valuable things I didn't know, even though I don't ordinarily play dead-is-dead.   

If someone wants to call the way I play "cheating", pfft, I don't care.  No skin off my back.  I'm too old to waste time worrying about labels.  My attitude is: if it's fun, do it; if it's not fun, don't do it.  :) 

Wow, I really rambled there.  Apologies.

3 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I think there's some room for ambiguity.  I once got into a debate on the forums with a person about this.  I said that I often give my characters bits of starting gear, spells, and whatever else I think is necessary to help tell a character's story. I often make custom races with unique starting stats.  I use the Community Uncapper mod to give my character a few extra perk points at level 2 (to simulate skills acquired before the game begins (I like to think my characters have lives before they enter the game world).  The other person insisted, categorically, that these things were cheating.  But, to my way of thinking, they were simply a part of roleplaying that particular character. 

My current character in Oblivion is starting with twice the normal amount of magicka she could have in a vanilla game. I see this character as extraordinarily gifted in magic, something like the magical equivalent of a violin prodigy.  She has an innate gift, but she needs training before she can become a truly effective mage. Her huge magicka pool would be considered "cheating" by some.  But to me it is roleplaying.  It suits that character, the same way Anakin's unusually high Midiclorian count suited his character.

I don't think it really matters, to be honest.  As Adella says, vive la différence.  We're here to have fun. I don't think it matters how we have that fun in a single-player game.  In fact, it is often instructive and entertaining to learn how other play play.  One of my favorite YouTubers is Major Slack and he plays almost exactly the opposite of the way I play.  But, watching him play, I have learned many things I didn't know.  It's the same with Sah and Adella.  They've taught me many valuable things I didn't know, even though I don't ordinarily play dead-is-dead.   

If someone wants to call the way I play "cheating", pfft, I don't care.  No skin off my back.  I'm too old to waste time worrying about labels.  My attitude is: if it's fun, do it; if it's not fun, don't do it.  :) 

I tend to agree with you, if you play as a character that starts out as an untrained individual who has no known past experience of the skills needed to survive in the game world then I would say you should start as the game intended and learn those skills as you progress through the world. If how ever you decided the play as a character with a known past and experience then you have a valid reason to build your character to reflect this. for instance My present incarnation in game Uncus has had an education from a very early age in the skills needed to be a hunter and scout so archer and sneak skill level starts as with 60 skill points and about half the perk on the lower half of the perk tree to reflect this, he also starts with elevated health and stamina. He however uses no magic so has a low magica count.  Field craft and survival skills are also given a slight boost. crafting and enchanting are also not in his skill set so in goes a mod that lets him buy what he needs and can afford at a black smith and enchanter. So expert archer and stealth but low lock picking and pick pocketing but due to his tribal upbringing he is taught to be polite and respectful to all who deserve to be treated so giving a slight edge in social interchanges. Then any mods that increase immersion in the character and game world deemed nessercery to reflect the players vision of the game world.

About the only time I can think of that I cheated like that is for a role-play.  Like if I'm playing a city guard then (once I get out of Helgen, which I was just visiting for some reason) I use the console to give myself the standard city guard gear, then go on to find out I'm Dragonborn, etc. and onward.

ScreenShot30.jpg

It's nice to know the cheats are out there, but I don't generally use them.  Just add a few items using the console if needed for role-playing.

9 hours ago, LeBurns said:

About the only time I can think of that I cheated like that is for a role-play.  Like if I'm playing a city guard then (once I get out of Helgen, which I was just visiting for some reason) I use the console to give myself the standard city guard gear, then go on to find out I'm Dragonborn, etc. and onward.

ScreenShot30.jpg

It's nice to know the cheats are out there, but I don't generally use them.  Just add a few items using the console if needed for role-playing.

It realy depends how you look at it, if it is for RPG/ story reasons its character building if its for gaining an unfair advantages over the vanilla game it could be called cheating or tailoring the game to your tastes.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

Could not have said it better PW dear friend:highfive:

17 hours ago, Uncus said:

I tend to agree with you, if you play as a character that starts out as an untrained individual who has no known past experience of the skills needed to survive in the game world then I would say you should start as the game intended and learn those skills as you progress through the world. If how ever you decided the play as a character with a known past and experience then you have a valid reason to build your character to reflect this. for instance My present incarnation in game Uncus has had an education from a very early age in the skills needed to be a hunter and scout so archer and sneak skill level starts as with 60 skill points and about half the perk on the lower half of the perk tree to reflect this, he also starts with elevated health and stamina. He however uses no magic so has a low magica count.  Field craft and survival skills are also given a slight boost. crafting and enchanting are also not in his skill set so in goes a mod that lets him buy what he needs and can afford at a black smith and enchanter. So expert archer and stealth but low lock picking and pick pocketing but due to his tribal upbringing he is taught to be polite and respectful to all who deserve to be treated so giving a slight edge in social interchanges. Then any mods that increase immersion in the character and game world deemed necessary to reflect the players vision of the game world.

After many hundreds of vanilla plays...  I have a very broad view of my character's starting abilities and access to items needed in a given play.  I don't want the grind.  So, I level up before playing.  Thanks to Uncus for the recommendation on Set Your Skills!  Works like a charm in a fraction of the time my previous mod did.  I add in the perks using Perk Point Book.  The only thing that I had to do manually with the new set up is run a player.setlevel command to boost myself to level 69.  IDK if the skill points I selected would equal 69 exactly.  But, it's in the right ballpark for 12 skills at 100 and the rest at zero.  

My role plays are always more about the personality and character of the individual player character I'm portraying.  So, I give myself a generous "inheritance" to start each new play now.  I watch Major Slack too, Pseron.  I've learned a lot from him and ESO_Danny before Slack.  I've played this game more ways than I can count and thoroughly enjoyed every one.  Now, I just want to get back to playing at the same level I left off at before.  I don't need anyone to tell me I'm cheating.  Phat cheats!:rofl:  In a multiplayer environment I would never even think to claim any unfair advantage over my own strategies, tactics and use of what's available in game.  However, in a single player open world?  Stand aside milk drinkers!  There's a real cheater coming through!:rofl:Hahahaha:lmao:

10 hours ago, LeBurns said:

ScreenShot30.jpg

Like I've said before, cheating is binary.  One either cheats or one does not.  Even our fair Adella cheats in her own way.  Admittedly, Adella cheats to make the game more challenging whereas I cheat to make it easier.  But, there are different reasons for cheats and many different ways to get things done.  So, thanks to everyone who is participating in Phat's little cheating thread :) 

Ultimately, it's up to us as individuals to decide what is fair play in our own game.  Adella and I are as different as night and day in terms of gameplay.  Those opposites have attracted in a major way.  Adella and I are very close because we both love Skyrim.  We are two sides of the same coin which is why we are so very close.  It's similar with my other dear friends here.  We all love Skyrim for different reasons and play in different ways.  But, at the end of the day it is that shared love that draws us together.  Huzzah!  Viva la Skyrim!:bunny:  No, Inigo, no dancing spiders.  How about some more dancing bunnies instead?:run::bunny::firerabbit::bunny:

Adventure on dear friends, Phat:blackhand:

Here's my latest character, Deirdre Dew-Drop :)  She and her tribe are fully laden with all of Phat's favorite cheats and ready to go have some fun!  L-R Deirdre (Beautiful Bosmer courtesy of Phat's tweaking in Racemenu), Sarah (Xtudo), Eliza the Huntress (DovahkiinaThay) and Cybele (Xtudo.)  

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 2

Cheating, hmmm.  There are different ways to look at it and different ways to define a cheat or cheaty play.

First I must get this out of the way.  I thoroughly DO agree with the rationale above.  If one’s character has an imaginary history on Nirn, a family? Backstory? Life skills etc , then you the player, are simply joining them at a point in their life…Like opening a book in the middle to begin understanding the story…It makes perfect sense for a Role Played character to begin their association with the player, already developed.  In fact it makes no sense to do otherwise.  
Can this be considered a cheat start though?…Well two answers. One: If you exceed the parameters the character would reasonably have such as a farmer with stupendous wealth or a mage with far more magicka than Shalidor himself!  Then maybe!  However, Two: In YOUR playthrough, YOU set the parameters no matter how absurd….and you do not have to excuse your choices to anyone except yourself.  So…..paradoxically you cannot ‘cheat’.

Moving swiftly on and notwithstanding the RP cases above:

What then IS a cheat?…I could define it as any mod or vanilla exploit that makes the game play differently, usually easier, than the Developer intended (other definitions may apply also).

This leads to a couple of aspects that need digging into.  Firstly that phrase ‘Developer intended’.  Meaning, if the Developer intends or endorses a change, it is not a cheat. So dlc are not cheats and neither are Creation Club offerings because Bethesda agree them.  This can be confusing when Bethesda offers for example improved TES III or IV  assets for use in Skyrim.  Should they be there at all?  Well, Bethesda hold the rights, so if they say yes (by offering them) then it is yes!  I shall also say…I do not think Bethesda think this aspect through well at all.  I will touch on the reason in a moment.

So, secondly, canon and Lore.  Take this example: I happen to like and use two village additions Oakwood and Granite Hill…These are mods, extra assets to Skyrim and add extra advantages such as ores, vendors, a player home etc, making the game easier…so cheats then?  Well, maybe, but no…because both villages are in Lore…and arguably SHOULD be there.  Since this issue becomes ambiguous, I deal with it by loading them in, but purposely not using the advantages (even then Oakwood guards rush to my aid…which then IS unintentional cheating …or is it? hmmm).

Now canon includes not just game assets, but also ideas, descriptions and fiction from any source the Developer endorses or approves, such as TES books!  Even associated games such as TES Online and Blades.  If you use a mod asset that features in canon is that a cheat? Well no! It is part of the TES universe…Ironically it might be technically cheating if you leave it out?  Just a thought!

Now I said I’d touch on why I think Bethesda are careless in adding additional assets…You see, everything needs (ideally) to join up, to be part of a complete universe.  So for example, adding a weird animal to Skyrim from creation club (as they do) … Which does not feature in books, dialogue or any other connected Skyrim lexicon breaks the immersion of the world…”Oh it came from Morrowind!” Doesn’t matter!..If no literature, npc chatter or later/earlier game narrative supports it being in Skyrim at this time, then it is at best out of place and at worst totally bogus.  Finding a spurious excuse like ‘it came over on a boat’ etc looks like the awful fudge it is.

However, I risk a digress. So…When might it NOT be okay..or at least not morally defensible, to change the game in a way which might provide non Dev approved advantage?  It's a single player game afterall…everything is allowed, I mean it makes no difference to anyone else right?”  Wrong!

As soon as you engage in a forum (like here) and start comparing play experiences you potentially affect others if you make undisclosed cheats..how?  Let me run a little anecdote here…partially true as it happens, but really just to make the point.  I will be the example here..but do think wider than me huh!  Now, I enjoy a tough game…ludicrously hard by some accounts Lol, and to me if I survive a play on next to no advantageous mechanics then I feel I have accomplished something sincere and worthy right!  So imagine when this relative newb (to the forum) turns up all full of it, and claims to have done the same big tombs…easily, same level etc ok!  Boasting by boatloads.  I know that's BS, but can’t call him out without being moderated for being confrontational.  Does it matter? Should it get under my skin?  Well damn right...because it rubbishes, almost invalidates what I know was my good performance.  Makes my worthy endeavour look trivial huh!  Imagine my annoyance when in a later convo the guy admits to never going above default difficulty…Gaaaah!  So…he might not have added cheat mods (or may, who knows), but his account was a cheat and when I mentioned it as calmly as I could…he shrugged it off….’Just a game’ huh!  So next time someone says their tomb clearance ability is the best, or their mod dragons are harder to survive than yours etc or some other belittling claim, just remember it might be only because they are cheating without disclosing it, to make them feel and publicly look ‘one up’ at your expense.

Tailpiece:  Phat is a scream….’Adella cheats to make it harder’….Yes, I suppose maybe so with Zero’d starting skills (using cheat room) and an enemy doubling mod (Enemy reinforcements)…But aren’t  those negative cheats Phat? :rofl:

…………
Disclaimer: Opinions by myself are discretionary, advisory and without predjuduce to existing parties and rights thereof and shall not cause infringement or impediment to existing or future undisclosed opinions of third parties howsoever affected.

• Like 2

Most of my Skyrim characters avoid using cheats. They start out weak, but eventually become overpowered - especially the ones I play for a long time.

Some of them do learn Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing. But I don't consider that cheating - I just want my smithed up double enchanted dragonscale armor and it is the only way to get it. :D

Kind of wish the game allowed blacksmiths to sharpen your sword : "Hey blacksmith, sharpen my sword, and wear this amulet and drink this potion before you do it!"

(Playing Oblivion, most of my characters wore 100 percent chameleon armor. After that for Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, I decided not to use cheats.)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Ultimately, it's up to us as individuals to decide what is fair play in our own game.  Adella and I are as different as night and day in terms of gameplay.  Those opposites have attracted in a major way.  Adella and I are very close because we both love Skyrim.  We are two sides of the same coin which is why we are so very close.  It's similar with my other dear friends here.  We all love Skyrim for different reasons and play in different ways.  But, at the end of the day it is that shared love that draws us together.  Huzzah!  Viva la Skyrim!:bunny:  No,

Well being a single player game the goal is to have fun.  You could define cheating as requiring that you've cheated another person, as you would in a MP game.  In a SP game, can you cheat yourself?  If the game has rules, and you break them who did you cheat?  Again, just have fun.  If being a demi-god of chaos is what you want to be then be a demi-god of chaos and have fun.

But again having a list of cheats (as given in the OP) is nice to have so one can play the game the way they want.

Personally, I try to go for 'as the devs intended' or 'using the rules given within the game world' to make realistic (relatively speaking within game) game plays.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fenrus said:

Most of my Skyrim characters avoid using cheats. They start out weak, but eventually become overpowered - especially the ones I play for a long time.

Some of them do learn Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing. But I don't consider that cheating - I just want my smithed up double enchanted dragonscale armor and it is the only way to get it. :D

Kind of wish the game allowed blacksmiths to sharpen your sword : "Hey blacksmith, sharpen my sword, and wear this amulet and drink this potion before you do it!"

(Playing Oblivion, most of my characters wore 100 percent chameleon armor. After that for Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, I decided not to use cheats.)

12 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Well being a single player game the goal is to have fun.  You could define cheating as requiring that you've cheated another person, as you would in a MP game.  In a SP game, can you cheat yourself?  If the game has rules, and you break them who did you cheat?  Again, just have fun.  If being a demi-god of chaos is what you want to be then be a demi-god of chaos and have fun.

But again having a list of cheats (as given in the OP) is nice to have so one can play the game the way they want.

Personally, I try to go for 'as the devs intended' or 'using the rules given within the game world' to make realistic (relatively speaking within game) game plays.

I agree whole heartedly with both these points…Therefore they are correct:P

I mean…I do like my game world to be plausible or hold at least some verisimilitude to our reality as Leburns suggests hmmm!

Most of my plays (98%) fit Fenrus’ ethos simply because I enjoy building from zero to competent and capable in my style of draconian gameplay.

IF however, I choose to Role Play (typically as a sexy refined and sophist sorceress - a’la Snow Queen style), then I do have a loose backstory idea to set some parameters and I may select spells and apparel which I have not laboured to procure hmmm.

Adella:D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeBurns said:

We all play the game, and when we dare
To cheat ourselves at solitaire
Inventing lovers on the phone
Repenting other lives unknown

An eloquent response dear friend.  Yes, I do play as a demigod more often than "by the rules" these days.  You stated the very reason that so many of us can play so differently and still love the same game... Skyrim is whatever YOU want it to be.  It's our own fantasy to play out as we wish.  That is very rare and special indeed:wub:  So, whether you "cheat" a little to boost your start, make the game more challenging or go all out demigod as I do, Skyrim can be that, one game for all tastes.

Adventure on dear friend, Phat:blackhand:

1486542186_65034-1-1430105640foreverfreemoddinglogo.png.1f74648b8113e29e6260533e3350e142.png

8 hours ago, Adella said:

I agree whole heartedly with both these points…Therefore they are correct:P

I mean…I do like my game world to be plausible or hold at least some verisimilitude to our reality as Leburns suggests hmmm!

Most of my plays (98%) fit Fenrus’ ethos simply because I enjoy building from zero to competent and capable in my style of draconian gameplay.

IF however, I choose to Role Play (typically as a sexy refined and sophist sorceress - a’la Snow Queen style), then I do have a loose backstory idea to set some parameters and I may select spells and apparel which I have not laboured to procure hmmm.

Ran out of reactions again!  It says for the day but it seems to give me a few more if I wait until later in the day.  So, I'll put my reaction here for now...

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:  There!  Phat's Five Smiley Seal of Approval:hug::highfive:

:lmao::rofl:Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Anyway...  Big thanks for all the interesting responses from all my dear friends here.:wub:

Now where were we...???  Damned ADHD shite!:fear:

Ah... Yes... Role playing a Snow Queen...  I like it!:run:  But, that doesn't seem much of a stretch for my beloved Adella, hmmm?  Precisely your cup of tea I'd expect:redface::whistle:  Brilliant!:run::firerabbit:

Look at all the pretty colors...:run::run::run::firerabbit:

Kisses:hug: Adventure on, Phat:blackhand:

I have a cheaty mod for Skyrim if anyone wants to play as an overpowered mage. Just search for 'Fenrus' on the Bethesda.net mods.

Actually my current Fallout 4 game is very cheaty. Curie has a sword that does 2000 damage:D. Nothing is more fun in Fallout 4 than watching an army of synths fighting monsters and raiders. (This current character is more about a story and mod testing. Most of my characters for the first few years of Fallout 4 were vanilla with no cheats.)

(Currently waiting for a synth to teleport in with a supply of new reactions. Seem to have run out.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Fenrus said:

I have a cheaty mod for Skyrim if anyone wants to play as an overpowered mage. Just search for 'Fenrus' on the Bethesda.net mods.

Actually my current Fallout 4 game is very cheaty. Curie has a sword that does 2000 damage:D. Nothing is more fun in Fallout 4 than watching an army of synths fighting monsters and raiders. (This current character is more about a story and mod testing. Most of my characters for the first few years of Fallout 4 were vanilla with no cheats.)

(Currently waiting for a synth to teleport in with a supply of new reactions. Seem to have run out.)

Is there ANY other way to get that file dear friend?  Phat has a permanent ban on bethnet mods of any kind.  Cannot use them.  But, I'm happy to try the mod.  Can you post me a copy via mediafire.com or whatever site you prefer?  Or you can always post it to Nexus... it's free:run:   I'd say post it here but do not know the size.  We're limited to size here.  Nexus is free:highfive:  

Adventure on dear friend, Phat:blackhand:

33 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

I'd say post it here but do not know the size.  We're limited to size here.  Nexus is free

I have uploaded it here. It is only a small file. Enjoy. :-)  Link to file.

Edited by Fenrus
added link
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Fenrus said:

Sweet!  Thank you:highfive::run:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fenrus said:

No good for me poppet…XB1S:|

However, I still hung my nose over the specs.:highfive:

Perfect for releasing one's tensions in Skyrim and giving everyone a damn good thrashing.:whip:

The one I like most, is the least effective in vanilla….Sparks.  That is my idea of how a mage shock spell should look…Emperor Palpatine agrees :evil:

Of course with Sparks at full Fenrus power…it’s insta kill.  Almost too quick an end for certain Skyrim annoyances.

”Yes actually, I do visit the Cloud District quite often….Have some of this  ‘Fizzzzzt’”

A.:D

15 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Ran out of reactions again!  It says for the day but it seems to give me a few more if I wait until later in the day.  So, I'll put my reaction here for now...:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:  There! (Snip)

Ah... Yes... Role playing a Snow Queen...  I like it!:run:  But, that doesn't seem much of a stretch for my beloved Adella, hmmm?  Precisely your cup of tea I'd expect:redface::whistle:  Brilliant!:run::firerabbit:

Phat sweetie….are you…ok?

Your post seems very….excited!

I’ll take a rain check on the blue heart thing please …I get ten bucks for each one I accrue!

‘Snow Queen’…I can’t resist a little write up <giggles>

Well, technically the role is from my book - Seductress…she/me is the Sylvan Queen, but you have seen my long white gown hmmm!  My fairy tale castle lies nestled in the Winterbound forest (much like The Pale Hold), invisible by a cloaking spell until one is close.  Playing it properly can be more of a ‘stretch’ than you might think.  Magic is too weak to be fun at high difficulties, not to mention looking lame.  On Adept or at a push Expert, it gets enough boost to make me look like a powerful sorceress.

I have written a ‘brief’ synopsis of my magical fairy tale Ripping Yarn…Which I hope to get authorised to pop in here for you to see.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Adella said:

Phat sweetie….are you…ok?

Your post seems very….excited!

I’ll take a rain check on the blue heart thing please …I get ten bucks for each one I accrue!

‘Snow Queen’…I can’t resist a little write up <giggles>

Well, technically the role is from my book - Seductress…she/me is the Sylvan Queen, but you have seen my long white gown hmmm!  My fairy tale castle lies nestled in the Winterbound forest (much like The Pale Hold), invisible by a cloaking spell until one is close.  Playing it properly can be more of a ‘stretch’ than you might think.  Magic is too weak to be fun at high difficulties, not to mention looking lame.  On Adept or at a push Expert, it gets enough boost to make me look like a powerful sorceress.

I have written a ‘brief’ synopsis of my magical fairy tale Ripping Yarn…Which I hope to get authorised to pop in here for you to see.

Need a summon wisp mother spell:highfive:  Snow Queen summoning wisp mothers...  dreadfully deadly!

TBH, I prefer Thunderbolt to sparky sparks.  

And, no worries darling... Phat is fine:fear:

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 8:12 AM, Adella said:

My Snow Queen role-play was a Snow Warrioress, Frostlilja (it's a Nordic name meaning Frost Flower).  I added some mods to give her a white Savior's Hide and white werewolf form.  I did try hitting on her once but she gave me the cold shoulder.

dbf31251-9c69-4973-8e44-64314c2fdb5c.jpg

2e2d10c7-078d-429c-9219-fb25be400303.jpg