The Dead is Dead Thread

Adella

27 minutes ago, Uncus said:

OH A ripping yarn penned by Adella, I'd be interested in that hope you get the green light to post it here.

Thank you Uncus….if Sigurd says ok you will get the detailed sanitised synopsis which is a fun read in its own right (1600 words).  
However sweetie, the actual story is a 400 page draft book…like a paperpack!  A good eight to ten hour read..not a coffee time filler <chuckles>

The problem is that between the magic casting, baddy vanquishing and vibrant scene setting…nestles several very explicit fully realised scenes that progress the romance aspects and some toe curling gory bits too!  Now if someone likes the story but not the nsfw bits they can simply skip over them….but if I posted it here…well you can imagine.

Tell you what!…If you like the look of the tale outline…I could perhaps send you a copy of the full draft manuscript….PM here might be ok, since it’s not public…if not then email, but read the synopsis first hmmm.

A.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Adella said:

Thanks. Yes, I kinda figured as much…Which is why I let it play out.  I hope once the flip comments cease it might still provide a proper place for our dead characters to be well remembered.  I do not envisage a busy thread since DiD is pretty niche, but a long lasting one that is nice to look back on.  We’ll see….

Ah…also, if you don’t mind…and while you are here!!!
 I have a synopsis of a story I wrote…now the story itself is a ripping adventure yarn, but sadly some of the content is not suitable for here…However, the synopsis is carefully worded to be family friendly.  Could I PM it to you for approval before I risk dropping it in forum?

Yes, you can PM me the sanitised version. I would just caution that we're probably going to introduce a rule about direct linking to "adult" content shortly to avoid instances of "ARG! MY EYES!"

Just fyi.

Cool.

I can see such a link made publicly visible provides no barrier, and I wouldn't do that anyway.  
But what about if a link is PM’d to a forum member who wants it?  Would a link to adult material be permitted in Private Messaging?

I would not know if PM’s are actively monitored so I supose that would be a question for Sigurd. As far as I am concerned I am good with recieveing the full content, I am not easily shocked or encombered with views that would limit my reading your creation.

PS you have my Email address so you could send it direct with no fear of breaking any forum rules.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:14 AM, Handy6373 said:

from Spongebob Squarepants cartoon, yes yes I know, I had kids and they liked it, lol

Spongebob? Didn't know that. I only remembered it from some game where it really was a difficult setting. I had to search and it seems to be in Wolfenstein 3D and some other Wolfenstein and Doom games.

@Adella

Sorry for derailing. :redface: I really don't play DiD but have killed a lot of my chars through New Game addiction, no matter how many hours i invested. Unfortunately i deleted the savegames and they are buried in unnamed graves.

Hello everyone:woot:,

I have added this amendment to the starter page.

[“Having realised the anticipated use of this thread to simply record character demise is likely to be extremely under utilised due to the limited niche applicability, I have decided to expand its scope to include Dead is Dead gameplay as well.

Hopefully this will make more propitious use of the thread space.”]

So the thread is no longer limited to a brief description of your characters last moments and may now be used to show your Dead is Dead played character progress.  We still need to know your character’s name, the game being played, difficulty and periodic stats update or other indicator of how well they are fairing.  Hope to see a few:)

Adella

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone:woot:,

I have decided after something of a hiatus to get on with a proper Dead is Dead playthrough.  My latest and toughest version of Skyrim play on Legendary without levelling or perks heads my new Gemstone Series of challenges.

The thread can be found here…scroll down a page to find the rule set called “Black Diamond”.  

Anyone can try these and there are much easier versions already developed if you are interested in a more fun play.  I have to trial this version to test it out properly.

Basically…Legendary, no levelling, no perks, no magic, no followers, no horses, no paid for skill Training, no healing related potions.  Warrior/archer build and still attempting the MQ, Companions etc.

Still….Level one is easy right?  Well no! Not when your best armour is 140 and your best weapon does 23.  
Basic bandits and wolves can take you down. Then there’s Restless Draugr in tombs and still a few lethal bears and sabrecats roaming the wild.  

By comparison, normal Legendary play where you have fully smithed up armour making your char near untouchable and weapons of 400+ doing instant kills is a milk run, lol.

Edit:  Initial tests of the hardest “Black Diamond” challenge proved, let’s say insufficiently survivable!  So…I have added a dispensation for that challenge enabling roughly a doubling of armour and weapon output.  Still hard…but now you stand a chance with multiple foes.

Right less chatter….Lets do this thing!

Adella:woot: