Derkeethus bug?

LeBurns

So I get the message that Derkeethus is missing and may be in Darkwater Pass.  So I go there, clear out everything, but he's not in the cell where he's suppose to be.  In fact he's no where.

I set my journal so that his quest is the only one active and checked to see where the quest pointer is located, and nothing.  No quest pointer at all when his quest is the only one active.  This has never happened to me before.

So I have the quest.  The quest being active shows no quest pointer.  He's not in the cave (I've searched over and over again).  I am using the Unofficial Patch.

I'm on PC so at this point I'm ready to just use the console to fix this if I have to.  Anyone with any clues as to how to make him appear, set him free?  Or, what console commands will just get the quest out of my journal?

Thanks.

Did you try leaving the cave and re enter? Not sure if you spawn him with console will work or not but you could try reset quest in console but I would try that outside of the cave. Base id  for Derkeethus is 0001403E, I didn't find any quest id's in my quick search so maybe spawn him and see what happens??

USEP mentions this : "A workaround for this problem is to go outside the cave, open the console and type prid 0001B08D and moveto player and then talk to him, this will finish the quest."

Try those two console commands - It should move Derkeethus to the player.

13 hours ago, Handy6373 said:

Did you try leaving the cave and re enter? Not sure if you spawn him with console will work or not but you could try reset quest in console but I would try that outside of the cave. Base id  for Derkeethus is 0001403E, I didn't find any quest id's in my quick search so maybe spawn him and see what happens??

Yeah I tried going in and out, traveling, going back, etc.  All the Falmer are still dead, but he's nowhere and still no quest marker to find him.

9 hours ago, Fenrus said:

USEP mentions this : "A workaround for this problem is to go outside the cave, open the console and type prid 0001B08D and moveto player and then talk to him, this will finish the quest."

Thanks I'll have to give that a try.  I just hate having quests hanging in my journal...

9 hours ago, Fenrus said:

Exactly how do you type that in the console?  Is it one line or two?

>prid 0001B08D

>moveto player

- or -

>prid 0001B08D and moveto player

Well, I did it, but he never showed up.  It's like he's just not in the game anymore.

Note, since I started this game I've seen a lot of corpses vanish, like they fall through the ground and disappear.  The only thing I've added to the game from prior games is all the AFK village update mods.  I'm wondering now if he didn't just 'slip through the cracks' and vanish like those corpses.

20210613081653_1.jpg

Next time you're in the game, do the prid command again. Then follow it with "GetDead" and see what you get back. The response should be a 0 or a 1. 0 if he's alive, 1 if he's dead.

If he's alive, try "GetDisabled" and see if that returns a 0 or a 1. 1 would mean he's been disabled by something, 0 would mean he's enabled.

You've got a real mystery on your hands if he's alive and still enabled, because the PRID and MOVETO commands didn't return a failure and should have brought him directly to you.

The alternative in that case would be to instead open the console and use "Player.Moveto 0001B08D" which should move you to him instead. At least you'll know where the game thinks he is at the moment.

Well here you go.

When I use moveto player it takes me to his cell in the cave, but he's not there.  Again making me think that he fell through the floor or something.

NOTE, I did add the AFK mod for Darkwater Crossing before running this character.  Could something in that mod changed his location and messed the quest up?

20210613151741_1.jpg

He's disabled. Check the console in the image you posted.

Then there's one more thing that needs to be done:

SQV DarkwaterCrossingDerkeethusRescueQuest

The output of that command should tell us what's going on.

I do not speak PC, so if this sounds stupidly ignorant please excuse and move on…However, you keep talking about Derkeethus and Darkwater Crossing, but the screenie is a dead bear on the bridge to the Seven Thousand Steps which is a total mismatch of npc and location!

Confused!

Basically his screenshot is a strong indication that something went very wrong.

12 minutes ago, Adella said:

I do not speak PC, so if this sounds stupidly ignorant please excuse and move on…However, you keep talking about Derkeethus and Darkwater Crossing, but the screenie is a dead bear on the bridge to the Seven Thousand Steps which is a total mismatch of npc and location!

Confused!

That command could be done anywhere, possible that's where LeBurns saved and entered the game to see if those commands worked. But even after 4 years on pc I still don't speak/understand the language well. 

Ah…..Ok

:redface:

I do have one possibly relevant suggestion:

Shout “Aura Whisper”  it will show if Derkeethus has slipped under the floor or been trapped inside a wall.

Adella

15 minutes ago, Adella said:

Ah…..Ok

:redface:

I do have one possibly relevant suggestion:

Shout “Aura Whisper”  it will show if Derkeethus has slipped under the floor or been trapped inside a wall.

Adella

Yeah I was fast traveling around trying to see if that would fix the problem if the cell reset.  I'll go try that SQV DarkwaterCrossingDerkeethusRescueQuest command.

Okay, back at Darkwater Crossing (Just for you Adella ;) ) .  Note again I'm using the AFK Darkwater Crossing mod, which adds some houses and such.

Here is the screen shot.  I ... have no idea what it's saying.

20210613182419_1.jpg

What's really weird is when I use the command Player.Moveto it takes me to this cell where he's supposed to be, but he isn't here.

I did use the floating camera command to look under the stones and such.  But he's not there.

20210613183527_1.jpg

Getdisable came back as 1, so it looks like he's been disabled by something for some reason. Try typing the prid command again then hit enter. Then type enable, and hit enter. See if that brings him back.

In the game data he's set to disabled but DarkwaterCrossingDerkeethusRescueQuest should be immediately enabling him when you start the game and moving him to the cell. Obviously the part that moves him to the cell worked. He just never enabled and that's not really clear why.

And no, it has nothing to do with my village mod.

I thought about disabling and then enabling, but since he's already in a middle of a quest would that screw things up?

I only mentioned the mod cause I thought maybe the mod is trying to put him in one of the new houses or something while at the same time he's supposed to be in the cage.  Course I don't know how these things really work but I hadn't had this bug before and those village mods are the only thing I've added in ages.

I'll try disable and enable.

Well okay.  Enable and then player.moveto, and there he was.  Got him out of the cave and quest completed.

20210613193324_1.jpg

20210613193502_1.jpg

Most useless response here.

I had this problem years ago when running vanilla game on XB1 prior to installing any mods at all including Unofficial Patch.

So long ago i cannot remember the precise details and nothing positive to contribute which is why i didn't respond before. :cry:

I seem to remember that i managed to clear the quest eventually but only after tremendous difficulty and frustrations so although nothing i have helps anyone in any way it does seem that its not a unique problem.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:28 PM, LeBurns said:

So I get the message that Derkeethus is missing and may be in Darkwater Pass.  So I go there, clear out everything, but he's not in the cell where he's suppose to be.  In fact he's no where.

I set my journal so that his quest is the only one active and checked to see where the quest pointer is located, and nothing.  No quest pointer at all when his quest is the only one active.  This has never happened to me before.

So I have the quest.  The quest being active shows no quest pointer.  He's not in the cave (I've searched over and over again).  I am using the Unofficial Patch.

I'm on PC so at this point I'm ready to just use the console to fix this if I have to.  Anyone with any clues as to how to make him appear, set him free?  Or, what console commands will just get the quest out of my journal?

Thanks.

this quest has always been buggy, I had the same experience ... I simply avoid doing it because no one ever made a patch to fix it

but it would be nice if it was fixed ... would love to know how the quest plays out