Gargoyle Statues?

Talyn82

How do I make Gargoyle Statues not attack the player?  For example when one sides with the Volkihar Clan the statues outsiide of the castle do not attack the player.  I am tweaking a mod I downloaded for personal use, it's a dungeon I wish to turn into a player home, but there are Gargoyle statues in it.  How do I stop them from attacking the player?

Yeah I'll just follow your advice.  I don't want to mess with triggers or anything script related.  I thought it would had been something simpler like switching the faction, which by the way I've forgotten how to do it.  Let me state I use to mod on a regular basis but retired from the scene around 2016 so I've forgotten quite a lot, but I am slowly relearning.

There are two static gargoyle statues (CasGargoyleStatue01 and CasGargoyleStatue01_Snow).  Replace the statues in the mod with one of these.  Then they're just statues.  

1 hour ago, Talyn82 said:

I thought it would had been something simpler like switching the faction, which by the way I've forgotten how to do it. 

Disabling the trigger in the cell would not be very hard to do.The "live"Gargoyle is already disabled. It is a transparent box. To find the faction. Click on a Gargoyle NPC and click the faction tab.  But that would change the faction for all of them.

Disabling it will not hurt anything.  The only thing that will happen if you get it wrong is the Gargoyle will animate. The Gargoyle should be in the middle of it.  Of course if you disable the wrong trigger that would cause other things not to function.

21 minutes ago, Dragonblood said:

Disabling the trigger in the cell would not be very hard to do.The "live"Gargoyle is already disabled. It is a transparent box. To find the faction. Click on a Gargoyle NPC and click the faction tab.  But that would change the faction for all of them.

Disabling it will not hurt anything.  The only thing that will happen if you get it wrong is the Gargoyle will animate. The Gargoyle should be in the middle of it.  Of course if you disable the wrong trigger that would cause other things not to function.

Thanks for the help, but I'm not gonna mess with the triggers. :)

16 minutes ago, Talyn82 said:

Thanks for the help, but I'm not gonna mess with the triggers.

Why not? Save your esp and back it up. Disable the transparent box around it and see what happens.  Take a risk!!! :D LOL

3 minutes ago, Dragonblood said:

Why not? Save your esp and back it up. Disable the transparent box around it and see what happens.  Take a risk!!! :D LOL

Lol, okay you've convinced me I'll try it later on today, and post the results. :)

46 minutes ago, Talyn82 said:

Lol, okay you've convinced me I'll try it later on today, and post the results

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!   Remember Disable do not Delete.

18 hours ago, Old Salty Croc said:

There are two static gargoyle statues (CasGargoyleStatue01 and CasGargoyleStatue01_Snow).  Replace the statues in the mod with one of these.  Then they're just statues.  

This worked like a charm.  Thanks!

When the Gargoyles are set up properly, you have:

1. Just a Statue

2. A Gargoyle NPC - Disabled ( If not disable it.)

3. A trigger Box that enables the disabled Gargoyle NPC, disables the statute and sets off an explosion. 

Deleting all of those things and replacing them with a statue is one way to go. Simply disabling the trigger box and leaving the statue that is already there is another.

The trigger box is very easy to find. If you click on it there should be a line that shows the connected objects. It is possible the statue could enable the Gargoyle so you should disconnect them. Finding the trigger box, disabling it and disconnecting the Gargoyle from the statue would take about a minute. You would be left with an inanimate statue and the navcut.

If you delete something in a cell that is called on by the game it could crash. If you disable something that is called on the game will just enable it.

You also need to watch out for the Navcut.  If you deleted that, NPCs will run into your statue.

8 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

When the Gargoyles are set up properly, you have:

1. Just a Statue

2. A Gargoyle NPC - Disabled ( If not disable it.)

3. A trigger Box that enables the disabled Gargoyle NPC, disables the statute and sets off an explosion. 

Deleting all of those things and replacing them with a statue is one way to go. Simply disabling the trigger box and leaving the statue that is already there is another.

The trigger box is very easy to find. If you click on it there should be a line that shows the connected objects. It is possible the statue could enable the Gargoyle so you should disconnect them. Finding the trigger box, disabling it and disconnecting the Gargoyle from the statue would take about a minute. You would be left with an inanimate statue and the navcut.

If you delete something in a cell that is called on by the game it could crash. If you disable something that is called on the game will just enable it.

You also need to watch out for the Navcut.  If you deleted that, NPCs will run into your statue.

Well I did what Old Salty Croc said, and it worked.  I went into the area and the game did not crash.  But I did make a backup of the mod if I run into any problems I will do as you say.