Leveling Bug

LeBurns

So I rolled a new toon.  The only mods I've added since my last play was one that made open faced helms with eye holes (Improved Closefaced Helmets), one that moved the locked Word Walls (Word Walls Relocated), one that moved locked unusual gems (non quest locations for Stones of Barenziah SP), and all the AFK town updates both those that updated existing towns and those that added new locations.

Well I'm still in the Keep trying to escape Helgan, and I'm already level 3.  I did the 'sneak' when the dragon jumps on the wall behind you and kills that archer, and my sneak increased to 16 and I leveled up.  Then I was opening the locks in the prison, increased lockpicking to 16 and leveled up again.

Is seems I'm leveling every time I have a skill increase by one.  I'm half tempted to just let it go, but I've never seen a bug like this before and I do want to play the game as it should be.  Any suggestions on what to do or could one of these mods added this 'feature'?  I didn't see mention of it.

EDIT:  May be worth mentioning.  I added all the AFK mods last week.  Today when I started up Skyrim the Falkreath mod required an update.  That's the only mod with a current change that I can think of.

• Confused 1

Are you using the Community Uncapper mod, by any chance?  That is a mod that can dramatically affect skill gain rates.

3 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

Are you using the Community Uncapper mod, by any chance?  That is a mod that can dramatically affect skill gain rates.

No, just those I mentioned.  Odd thing is I just tried to find the AFK mods in the BGS mod data base and they're gone.  Not sure how I even had that mod in my listing when I started up Skyrim let alone why it needed an update.  I know I didn't install these manually.  Were the AFK mods just pulled from BGS?

Okay something weird going on.  I just checked the Arthmoor mods again and now they are all there.  Maybe I just need to go lay back down.  Course unless something get's fixed I assume I'll still have this fast leveling bug.

The BGS server has been acting flaky for awhile now. People mention stuff from lots of people going missing only to have it be there on a page refresh. The platform they chose for the modding site is simply not designed to be used the way they're using it.

On 5/31/2021 at 10:44 AM, LeBurns said:

So I rolled a new toon.  The only mods I've added since my last play was one that made open faced helms with eye holes (Improved Closefaced Helmets), one that moved the locked Word Walls (Word Walls Relocated), one that moved locked unusual gems (non quest locations for Stones of Barenziah SP), and all the AFK town updates both those that updated existing towns and those that added new locations.

Well I'm still in the Keep trying to escape Helgan, and I'm already level 3.  I did the 'sneak' when the dragon jumps on the wall behind you and kills that archer, and my sneak increased to 16 and I leveled up.  Then I was opening the locks in the prison, increased lockpicking to 16 and leveled up again.

Is seems I'm leveling every time I have a skill increase by one.  I'm half tempted to just let it go, but I've never seen a bug like this before and I do want to play the game as it should be.  Any suggestions on what to do or could one of these mods added this 'feature'?  I didn't see mention of it.

EDIT:  May be worth mentioning.  I added all the AFK mods last week.  Today when I started up Skyrim the Falkreath mod required an update.  That's the only mod with a current change that I can think of.

Greetings brother.  Hope you are resting well and recovering.  

Are you per chance playing on a higher difficulty?  Moving to master or legendary can easily get to level 3 to 5 fresh out of Helgen if you take all the opportunities like you just reported.  You should level up on the spiders and possibly the sneak attack on the bear as well if on legendary.  Anything below expert and you are lucky to get one level up in Helgen Keep if that on the lower two settings.  

Just a thought...  Anyway... why are you up stressing over mods right now?  You should be medicated and snoozing:gnight:  Adventure on, Phat:blackhand:

29 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

Greetings brother.  Hope you are resting well and recovering.  

Are you per chance playing on a higher difficulty?  Moving to master or legendary can easily get to level 3 to 5 fresh out of Helgen if you take all the opportunities like you just reported.  You should level up on the spiders and possibly the sneak attack on the bear as well if on legendary.  Anything below expert and you are lucky to get one level up in Helgen Keep if that on the lower two settings.  

Just a thought...  Anyway... why are you up stressing over mods right now?  You should be medicated and snoozing:gnight:  Adventure on, Phat:blackhand:

It's seemed to have 'fixed' itself after I left Helgen.  The leveling and skill increases appear to be back to normal.  I don't think I changed the difficulty but I'll check it.

As far as why think about mods?  Well I'm stuck in bed most of the day, what else am I going to think about?  ;)  I can't go to work, just log in a few times a day.  I can sit in front of a PC, but only for about an hour at a time.  So I dreamed up a new toon and been playing her a little, but yeah I do need to take it easy.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 8:24 PM, Pseron Wyrd said:

And AFT will do the same thing as the Community Uncapper mod, although increasing different skills in-game.

8 hours ago, LeBurns said:

It's seemed to have 'fixed' itself after I left Helgen.  The leveling and skill increases appear to be back to normal.  I don't think I changed the difficulty but I'll check it.

As far as why think about mods?  Well I'm stuck in bed most of the day, what else am I going to think about?  ;)  I can't go to work, just log in a few times a day.  I can sit in front of a PC, but only for about an hour at a time.  So I dreamed up a new toon and been playing her a little, but yeah I do need to take it easy.

I can relate.  With my disabilities I spend 99% of the time stuck in bed.  So, if it weren't for games and friends online there wouldn't be much else to do :)  I have a laptop stand that I pull right up to me in bed.  Once I set up my new to me PC it will be the kb and monitor stand :)  

Have fun with the new toon and post a few images to show her off when opportunity allows :) 

Adventure on dear brother, Phat:mage:

17 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

I can relate.  With my disabilities I spend 99% of the time stuck in bed.  So, if it weren't for games and friends online there wouldn't be much else to do :)  I have a laptop stand that I pull right up to me in bed.  Once I set up my new to me PC it will be the kb and monitor stand :)  

Have fun with the new toon and post a few images to show her off when opportunity allows :) 

Adventure on dear brother, Phat:mage:

She's got her own gallery started.  Filling it slowly.

• Like 1

Found the gallery :)  Thank you for sharing :)  I inserted a few of my own for similar topic/subject matter in the side bar for your viewing enjoyment :) 

Adventure on dear brother, Phat:bunny:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 9:00 PM, phatbassanchor said:

I can relate.  With my disabilities I spend 99% of the time stuck in bed.  So, if it weren't for games and friends online there wouldn't be much else to do :)

Aw sweetpea :hug:

I will pop round and cheer you up….Lots:wub:

You need some activity you can do without getting up, to take your mind off those nasty aches and pains.  Fortunately for you nurse Adella knows just the thing :bunny:

See you soon poppet

A.:wub:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adella said:

Aw sweetpea :hug:

I will pop round and cheer you up….Lots:wub:

You need some activity you can do without getting up, to take your mind off those nasty aches and pains.  Fortunately for you nurse Adella knows just the thing :bunny:

See you soon poppet

A.:wub:

You are always most welcome darling:wub::hug::whip::firerabbit: