Dimes Quickstart and Footprints (please don't hate me Arthmoor)

Elaura

OK, I have tried to hide my shame, but I have no choice but to admit it. I don't use Alternate Start.
All I wanted was a way to get around the tutorials and cutscenes and just get to the end of Unbound with a character and some gear.
Dimes Quickstart did exactly that, but unfortunately, it doesn't complete MQ101 stage 250, which is what triggers Footprints to activate.
Now, after much research I have discovered Alternate Start - Live Another Life is the only alt start mod that sets MQ101 stage 250 as completed 
and therefore works with Footprints.

I come with my hat in my hands pleading for a batch file or a set of console commands that will allow me to set the stage completed and continue on with my level 45 character.
I thought it would be simple, as I've reset the danged adoption quest line many, many times over the years, but I just can't figure this one out.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Incidentally, Dimes Quickstart also fails to remove Ulfric's gag. The first time I went to the Palace of the Kings, he was still wearing it. Funny to see, but easily traceable back to this mod.

Edited by Elaura
more info

There's a lot more that's involved in bypassing MQ101 than just skipping tutorials and getting dropped somewhere outside of Helgen. This isn't something you can really fix with a short batch file.

It doesn't bother me that you want to use a different mod, but you can achieve the same thing as Dime's if you use LAL and select the "Camping in the Woods" start. You'll be set up outside of Helgen with all of the appropriate stages set and have a bag full of stuff to grab if you want it as well.

12 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

There's a lot more that's involved in bypassing MQ101 than just skipping tutorials and getting dropped somewhere outside of Helgen. This isn't something you can really fix with a short batch file.

It doesn't bother me that you want to use a different mod, but you can achieve the same thing as Dime's if you use LAL and select the "Camping in the Woods" start. You'll be set up outside of Helgen with all of the appropriate stages set and have a bag full of stuff to grab if you want it as well.

I can confirm that, I have used that start for years. and some of the others as well all work as advertised.

Before I go and Art is maybe still listening to this thread. I notice that some of the older members that have been here longer get to have a signature phrase at the bottom of their posts, Is that something earned by rep points or is it a part of being a moderator or something like that.

4 hours ago, Uncus said:

I notice that some of the older members that have been here longer get to have a signature phrase at the bottom of their posts, Is that something earned by rep points or is it a part of being a moderator or something like that.

Up at the top left of the forum, click your name and from the dropdown choose "Account settings", then scroll down the list of menus on the left, Signature is at the bottom.

I dont think there is any special forum level you need to reach for this.

22 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Ah, but the thing I like about Dimes is that it leaves you just inside the cave within the Helgen interior. You can choose Ralof or Hadvar and they actually appear just inside the cave opening. When you walk out, Unbound ends "normally" with whoever you followed hiding behind the rock.
I was even able to make my own mod which places a satchel where the player spawns with the equipment I like to start the game with.
I suppose at this point, the only thing I could do is trigger whatever script is started by footprints when MQ101 250 is completed . . . with another script. Unfortunately, there are no source files for footprints in the mod. I may be fortunate, however; in my research I've discovered Footprints may be unnecessarily script heavy.
I should just count my blessings and move on. Maybe someday someone will replace Footprints with a lighter mod?

You can simply go inside the cave from the camping start and pick one of the two guys to roll with.

As far as being "script heavy" that's an urban myth. There is no such thing as a mod that is script heavy. The game itself would fail to function if there was any validity to that concept since the game has upwards of 15000 scripts, many of which are constantly doing something.

7 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Up at the top left of the forum, click your name and from the dropdown choose "Account settings", then scroll down the list of menus on the left, Signature is at the bottom.

I dont think there is any special forum level you need to reach for this.

Thanks mate had not found that yet.

3 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

You can simply go inside the cave from the camping start and pick one of the two guys to roll with.

As far as being "script heavy" that's an urban myth. There is no such thing as a mod that is script heavy. The game itself would fail to function if there was any validity to that concept since the game has upwards of 15000 scripts, many of which are constantly doing something.

Well, that's good to know. Thanks for the replies.