Slink's Player Characters

slink

On the PS4, I had a couple of dozen but most were lost in one way or another - either to a bad mod which destroyed every character I was playing at the time, to user error when deleting files before I found out I could store them on a thumb drive, to Playstation's absurd naming of file saves which created duplicate names and caused me to overwrite some of them on the thumb drive, and finally to a hardware failure of said thumb drive.  Only four names remain of those, and I have no dates for when I played them except that it was before i moved back to the PC world for gaming.

Rachel
Tiny Brown: One of the two male characters I played in Fallout 4, Tiny had a good story. I tried to reproduce it on the PC but the effect was not the same.  Regardless, I do have some screenshots of Tiny on the PS4 so I can tell his story.
Rosie

In late 2017 I started playing Fallout 4 on my PC, and have continued that to date.

Annabelle 8/4/2017 - 8/28/2017 Test character

Pamela October, 2017 from evidence of screenshots, no saves exist

Honey 3/23/2018 - 5/16/2018
Heidi 5/21/2018 - 6/12/2018
Svetlana 6/2/2018 - 8/29/2018 Where I made my favorite face

Patty 9/7/2018 - 10/18/2018
Nikki 10/18/2018 - 12/24/2018
Yvonne 12/24/2018 - 2/8/2019
Ginger 2/8/2019 - 4/12/2019 where I figured out how to exit Vault 111 at level 21

Willy 7/17/2017 - 6/3/2019; played him twice, retired him permanently

Violet 6/3/2019 - 7/14/2019 Ultimate finish, uses SS1
Wanda - Tiger 7/14/2019 - 9/23/2019

Bonny - Queen Bodacia 9/30/2019 - 10/22/2019
Martha 10/22/2019 only one save, not sure what was going on there

Sylvia 11/4/2019 - 12/31/2019
Brandy 12/31/2019 - 2/1/2020
Kitty 2/2/2020 - 3/18/2020
Esther 3/19/2020 - 9/14/2020
Tammie 9/17/2020 - 10/17/2020, to present SS1 character good storyline

Abby 11/19/2020 - 12/5/2020 SS1 character played Sombre Mountain mod
Tawnee 12/5/2020 - 12/14/2020 SS2 character
Wendy 12/14/2020 - 1/16/2021 - SS2 Character
Sharon 1/16/2021 4/18/2021 no SS

At first I thought this topic was going to be about your computer, lol.  I'm really, really impressed that you keep such meticulous records of all your characters.  I'm so disorganized I have trouble finding my current character, lol.   :frantics:

Now I'm curious: how does one exit Vault 111 at level 21?

One starts the game with a mod that changes the Vault 111 suit (both new and used) to give very high INT, and that is automatically applied when you put it on during the introduction.  I make my characters with maximum allowed (8?) in PER, LCK, and AGI, and the rest 1s.  They can then easily kill the radroaches on the way out, and the experience is phenomenal.

• Like 2

• slink changed the title to Slink's Player Characters

Did they all side with the Minutemen? :D

My first character was Angela from 2015 - Rushed through the game and sided with the Institute.

Then a string of characters called by my real name - Or just "Nate" on the forums. Eventually "Nate" sided with every faction at least once. The saves from each retired character get backed up to another harddisk until I get around to deleting them.

Fenrus, none of them sided against the Minutemen, or for the Institute.  I always finished with the Minutemen.  The first few times I was careful to include the other two factions for a maximally populated and peaceful Commonwealth.  Eventually I got tired of Danse's ranting about BoS being the only real people, even after I  saved his hide from them.  The Railroad was just tedious after a few times through, and when I could get Ballistic Weave without them I did so.  Nowadays I sometimes skip meeting the Railroad at all.  I have a mod that lets me decode the courser chip without them.  The Brotherhood are looters, stripping the CW of technological salvage.  I did play Valkyrie/Fusion City Rising/etc but I did not like the way they treated Preston and I did not enjoy the emphasis on overly endowed females.  I stopped using those mods.  The last I heard they had been "improved" so you had Nora right in your bedroom all the time instead of in the shower, and Preston was turned into a synth.  I was happy I had stopped using them.

Eventually I will tell more about my characters, but I am a bit overwhelmed.  That is four years of almost non-stop playing and a lot of details to try to remember.  Not to mention to present in some attractive and intelligible fashion.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 12:46 AM, slink said:

On the PS4, I had a couple of dozen but most were lost in one way or another - either to a bad mod which destroyed every character I was playing at the time, to user error when deleting files before I found out I could store them on a thumb drive, to Playstation's absurd naming of file saves which created duplicate names and caused me to overwrite some of them on the thumb drive, and finally to a hardware failure of said thumb drive.  Only four names remain of those, and I have no dates for when I played them except that it was before i moved back to the PC world for gaming.

Rachel
Tiny Brown: One of the two male characters I played in Fallout 4, Tiny had a good story. I tried to reproduce it on the PC but the effect was not the same.  Regardless, I do have some screenshots of Tiny on the PS4 so I can tell his story.
Rosie

In late 2017 I started playing Fallout 4 on my PC, and have continued that to date.

Annabelle 8/4/2017 - 8/28/2017 Test character

Pamela October, 2017 from evidence of screenshots, no saves exist

Honey 3/23/2018 - 5/16/2018
Heidi 5/21/2018 - 6/12/2018
Svetlana 6/2/2018 - 8/29/2018 Where I made my favorite face

Patty 9/7/2018 - 10/18/2018
Nikki 10/18/2018 - 12/24/2018
Yvonne 12/24/2018 - 2/8/2019
Ginger 2/8/2019 - 4/12/2019 where I figured out how to exit Vault 111 at level 21

Willy 7/17/2017 - 6/3/2019; played him twice, retired him permanently

Violet 6/3/2019 - 7/14/2019 Ultimate finish, uses SS1
Wanda - Tiger 7/14/2019 - 9/23/2019

Bonny - Queen Bodacia 9/30/2019 - 10/22/2019
Martha 10/22/2019 only one save, not sure what was going on there

Sylvia 11/4/2019 - 12/31/2019
Brandy 12/31/2019 - 2/1/2020
Kitty 2/2/2020 - 3/18/2020
Esther 3/19/2020 - 9/14/2020
Tammie 9/17/2020 - 10/17/2020, to present SS1 character good storyline

Abby 11/19/2020 - 12/5/2020 SS1 character played Sombre Mountain mod
Tawnee 12/5/2020 - 12/14/2020 SS2 character
Wendy 12/14/2020 - 1/16/2021 - SS2 Character
Sharon 1/16/2021 4/18/2021 no SS

These are a lot of characters. I have deleted most modded characters when i started a new one. I only keep some saves from my 3 vanilla characters. One had a railroad ending, one minutemen and i'm not sure what the third had.

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 9:02 AM, Rotzi said:

These are a lot of characters. I have deleted most modded characters when i started a new one. I only keep some saves from my 3 vanilla characters. One had a railroad ending, one minutemen and i'm not sure what the third had.

I tried to do the Railroad ending, but the constant deceit I was expected to practice was something I could not stomach.  I did the BoS ending as far as building the giant robot, but I did not return with the item to power it up.  I did the Institute ending until they expected me to kill off all the others.  Then I killed them off.  My very first playthrough I carefully followed the instructions to get a three-winner ending.  Now, years later, I sometimes don't even contact the others.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, slink said:

I tried to do the Railroad ending, but the constant deceit I was expected to practice was something I could not stomach.  I did the BoS ending as far as building the giant robot, but I did not return with the item to power it up.  I did the Institute ending until they expected me to kill off all the others.  Then I killed them off.  My very first playthrough I carefully followed the instructions to get a three-winner ending.  Now, years later, I sometimes don't even contact the others.

This part in the RR ending really chapped my hide I'll admit.  But with any group I can give good and bad actions, though admittedly the MM seem to be the most 'common man' friendly of the four.

ScreenShot359.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, slink said:

I tried to do the Railroad ending, but the constant deceit I was expected to practice was something I could not stomach.

I did the Railroad ending once. I reloaded an old Institute character save that used the RR to reach the Institute. The quest to blow up the Prydwen was good. But overall the RR ending is the worst. (There used to be 'why I hate the RR' topics on the older beth forums. I could see their point after doing the RR ending.)

Sometimes I wonder why they were even a faction. To please a certain demographic maybe. The Railroad never made sense in a world where most people would be concerned where there next meal was coming from.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fenrus said:

I did the Railroad ending once. I reloaded an old Institute character save that used the RR to reach the Institute. The quest to blow up the Prydwen was good. But overall the RR ending is the worst. (There used to be 'why I hate the RR' topics on the older beth forums. I could see their point after doing the RR ending.)

Sometimes I wonder why they were even a faction. To please a certain demographic maybe. The Railroad never made sense in a world where most people would be concerned where there next meal was coming from.

Well ever since the book Robot Dreams (and earlier I'm sure) people would wonder if a man made machine could become 'alive'.  So the theme for the RR is very common and certainly makes sense within the given game world.  In fact it would feel odd if there wasn't a faction or group that was feeling that way.  I would have liked to have seen a lot more of Desdemona's background and history.  I have to imagine that initially she was like everyone else, and then 'something' happened.  One theory I like to entertain is that she unknowingly fell in love with a Synth, and then upon realizing it began fighting for their cause in earnest, even putting them above humans in many aspects.  Somewhere along the way she lost her lover and she dedicated her life to saving more synths from 'slavery'.  Anyhow her zeal is well above normal to say the least.

• Like 2

You got me curious about my FO4 toons so I took a screenshot of the directory.  Each folder is a character I made, dates are shown to indicate when I last played them.  Also looks like I got about 740 screenshots (which is about 10% of what I have in Skyrim screenshots).  Almost makes me want to play again.  Almost.

Clipboard05.jpg

• Like 2

A list of my main characters.  (Characters that used my real name - I have renamed Nate.)

2015-1 : Angela. My only female for a few years. Sided with the Institute. Was a bit rushed. Focused on completing the main quest for the first time.

2015-2: Nate. BOS character. Made to see Liberty Prime in action.

2016-1: Nate. A much longer playthrough. Spent many hours only building up Sanctuary, Red Rocket, Abernathy Farm and Sunshine tidings. Early experience points came from farming, building and making adhesive. Lots of traveling between settlements harvesting corn/tatos/mutfruit to make adhesive. Built many water purifiers in Sanctuary. Each day collected excess water and put it into a chest. Very useful for later trading and buying building materials.

Did all possible Railroad quests before rescuing Nick Valentine (There were quite a few quests, including the Tinker Tom ones. Plus the Ballistic weave. Did the Institute's main quest. Then did as many Minutemen quests as possible and built up all the settlements. Romanced Piper.

2017-1: Nate. Same as 2016-1 except romanced Curie.

Around this time - Nate. A special character that ignored Sanctuary, Concord and Red-Rocket. Didn't rescue Preston until the main quest was completed. Came to Concord with X6 and Institute powerarmor. There was lots of unique dialog in this playthrough. Went to the memory den before finding Nick. Also met dogmeat for the first time when Nick called him. Didn't meet Codsworth until the main quest was over.

2018-1: Nate Same as 2016-1 except romanced Cait.

2018-2: Nate - Used the Nora lives mod. Otherwise same as the 2016-1 character. Romanced Nora. Late Nora became 'Nora Liz' using a mod that allowed Nora to become Elizabeth from Bioshock. :-)

2019 : Nate - Loaded an old save and sided with the Railroad. Mostly just to see their ending.

2019 : Nate, Similar to 2016-1 except no MM. Started with an old save. Version 1 of my synth setter mod. (I think this is correct. Don't quite remember.)

2020-1: Loaded an old save where Nate confronted Kellogg. Sided with the Institute. Version 2 of my synth settlers mod. Curie became a custom character - a scientist eager to explore the surface.

2020-2: Loaded an old save. The did the Minutemen quest line for the first time.

2020-3: Nora the synth. Using Skk's alternate start at as a synth mod.

2021-1: My current character. Loaded an old save. Sided with the Institute. Made the current version of my synth settler mod.

(Some minor character not included. I may have forgot some that I didn't get far with.)

Edited by Fenrus
Missed a character.
  • Like 3