The actual location and the word location are not seperated LocationUSA.

Dragonblood

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the fantastic job you are doing and for welcoming the people who are coming over from the Bethesda Forums. :clap:

This is a small issue. When you add a location the word location and the actual location are not separated.  Example: LocationUSA as opposed to Location USA.  I put a ( : ) and a space in front of my location so it looks like this ( Location: USA ). That may be a good option for anyone who is actually concerned about this. 

Great job Guys! :D

Yeah, I was noticing that, but I'm not sure if it's a bug in IPB or in the theme we're using.

3 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

I put a slash in front of my location so it looks like this ( Location/USA ).

That's a great idea.  I'm going to do that too. Thanks! :clap:

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Yeah, I was noticing that, but I'm not sure if it's a bug in IPB or in the theme we're using.

It is so minor I would be curious to know what it was. No experience with forums. Great job BTW.

47 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

That's a great idea.  I'm going to do that too. Thanks!

No problem.  : USA does seem to look better.

On 5/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, Arthmoor said:

theme we're using.

Hey Arthmoor, Most likely fixable in the css of the theme.

<li data-role="custom-field" class="ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsType_break">

<span class="ft">Location</span><span class="fc">: USA</span>
	</li>

I am not sure if you are able to use what is called a "child theme" with this platform. It allows you to make changes to the themes code and not have them overwritten during an update.

Not sure what you're talking about here.  Is this not looking right to other people?

3 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

image.png.ad2fa487e329e133fbb40bbc6f086901.png  Not sure what you're talking about here.  Is this not looking right to other people?

image.thumb.png.e1756ae9acb677af6234605e5bacd896.png

On 5/30/2021 at 3:26 PM, Old Salty Croc said:

Now I see it.  Thanks.

Here's another bug.  I was looking for the 'Go to last Unread post' option, couldn't find it so I was going to just jump to page 10, and the option falls behind the post so I can't access it (or read it).

1 hour ago, LeBurns said:

I was looking for the 'Go to last Unread post' option, couldn't find it 

I haven't found that either.  The nearest thing I have found is clicking on the time (i.e. "Monday at 11:06 PM") next to the last poster's name it will take you to the last post in the thread.  Then I scroll up until I find the last post I've read. 

27 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I haven't found that either.  The nearest thing I have found is clicking on the time (i.e. "Monday at 11:06 PM") next to the last poster's name it will take you to the last post in the thread.  Then I scroll up until I find the last post I've read. 

I did find it.  It's the blue dot at the front of the thread.  The dot won't be there unless there are some unread posts.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

I did find it.  It's the blue dot at the front of the thread.  The dot won't be there unless there are some unread posts.

Oh!   Duh, I never noticed that before.  *faceoalm*  Thank you very much!  :clap:

2 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Now I see it.  Thanks.

Here's another bug.  I was looking for the 'Go to last Unread post' option, couldn't find it so I was going to just jump to page 10, and the option falls behind the post so I can't access it (or read it).

image.png.21525609ec7e940049f2f5db1033e071.png

image.png.3621e2f256aca577e606ec41b90f28e1.png

Old Salty Croc,  "last page" is different than "last unread post".   LeBurns was wondering how to get to "last unread post"...and he found it.  :)

14 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

Old Salty Croc,  "last page" is different than "last unread post".   LeBurns was wondering how to get to "last unread post"...and he found it.  :)

Well actually if the thread has say 30 pages, and I want to get to page 26, the tab that would let me do that is bugged.

But I was looking for last post when I found the bug.

The page jump issue looks like it may be a browser problem. I'm using Firefox 88 and when I click on the jump control the box to input a page displays properly for me.

1 hour ago, Arthmoor said:

The page jump issue looks like it may be a browser problem. I'm using Firefox 88 and when I click on the jump control the box to input a page displays properly for me.

I'm on MS Edge.  I can try Chrome and see what happens.  Give a sec.

Chrome does it also.  BUT, both work correctly for this thread.  But when I try it on the thread listed below, I get the bug in MS Edge and Chrome.

Yep, that's the thread I tried it with using Firefox. Works as expected.

Not overly surprising that you'd get the same bug in both Edge and Chrome since Edge is basically a Microsoft skinned version of Chrome now.

10 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Yep, that's the thread I tried it with using Firefox. Works as expected.

Not overly surprising that you'd get the same bug in both Edge and Chrome since Edge is basically a Microsoft skinned version of Chrome now.

Well it's not a big deal as most threads are not 10+ pages long anyway.  Not much you can do about a browser bug I suppose.

• 2 months later...

Better late than never I'd imagine, but the "Location" field on profiles has been fixed. Apparently the updated package slipped a new setting in that didn't used to exist and some custom formatting was stuffed in there that we hadn't done in the previous package version.

On the same note, the "Title" filed right above the location will no longer contain the word "Title" or the colon, it'll just be the title itself.

In both cases, if you've done workarounds to shove the colon and spacing in, you can tweak those now so that doesn't show up as an extra set of colons now.