Skyrim Adventures

Rotzi

More Uncus, Cant leave this character alone he is starting to get a life of his own. He seems set to break Alexander Selkirk's record of four years and four months cast away on an uninhabited island. For those who don't know Selkirk was the inspiration for Danial Defoe's book Robinson Crusoe, interesting story in it's self. 

20220412235303_1.jpg

20220412235338_1.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/17/2021 at 6:33 PM, Rotzi said:

A little stop in the bandit camp after cleaning it up.

301064004_Skyrim2021-07-1111-40-08.thumb.jpg.d20aefd248073b5598e3728eb4c5b1b7.jpg

I have often used this camp as my first player home too. the only thing I do is remove the fire and the bodies (using console command "disable"), then using the mod "Campfire" I can build a working campfire and cooking station.

4 hours ago, Uncus said:

remove the fire and the bodies (using console command "disable"), then using the mod "Campfire" I can build a working campfire and cooking station.

That's a really cool idea.  I'm going to do that the next time I use Campfire.  :clap:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

That's a really cool idea.  I'm going to do that the next time I use Campfire.  :clap:

Coming out of the Helgen cave to the left over the ridge is another campsite that can be used once you get rid of the bandits who turn up when you start looting the campsite. In some ways it is better as it is under a rock over hang.

• Like 2

Yeah,that's what I'm doing all the time :)

But campfire together with Tentapalooza makes you independent from any campside. Just take some tents with you and build a camp whereever you want. Can't travel without these mods :wave:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tasheni said:

Yeah,that's what I'm doing all the time :)

But campfire together with Tentapalooza makes you independent from any campside. Just take some tents with you and build a camp whereever you want. Can't travel without these mods :wave:

I do that as well, except I use an add-on for campfire instead of Tentaplooza, same result though. Although some of the in game campsites are in rather good spots so some I take over and customize with mods and others I build from the ground up with the mods I use.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2021 at 10:01 AM, Rotzi said:

Recently i chewed on my controller trying to find a hair mod that doesn't go in the 200+ mb's for my female characters. I prefer short hairstyles but every mod i tried had mostly long hairs and maybe 1 short. A while ago i had some nice small KS packs from Vain (if i remember correctly) with short hairs that were perfect. But, like so many, they are gone. :cry: I would use vanilla hair but all the npc replacers i like use KS hairs and i can't allow that my character looks less classy then the npc's. :D

Not really a problem but sometimes these small things....you know what i mean. Maybe i should stop using mods. :crash: :P

I have a hair brained suggestion for you dear friend:firerabbit:No, bunny!  Hair brained, not Hare brained!:fear::fear::fear::lmao:  

I recently installed KS Hair SMP and now have over 1000 hair styles!  Aaaaah!!!  I really love the SMP hair but I miss the simplicity of what I had been using for a few years.  Now, this won't save you the actual storage of the hair mod but it will save you the menu clutter in game.  What I suggest will get you under the 200 mark for your ladies.  What I had been using was KS Hair and Immersive KS Hair.  The immersive mod is lightweight and does require KS Hair to be installed, it essentially looses all the styles that clip with body and armor and leaves only the ones that function well.  That includes all of the shorter styles and everything else that doesn't clip.  What I like about using those two mods together is the clean menu, free from most of those modern glamour styles that look like Scheiße in Skyrim and everything else that clips with body and armor. 

As our friend, Ri'saad says... "Take a look.":firerabbit:

Immersive KS Hair:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12004

The base mod of KS Hair has 876 female hair styles and is just over a full GB in size.  Immersive KS Hair is very light weight at 26 GB and cuts the menu clutter from the staggering 876 to a much more manageable 192 for the ladies.  It also reduces the male styles from 107 to 22.  The only downside is still having to have the full base mod installed.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6817?tab=files

The flip side of that coin is using ApachiSkyHair: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2014?tab=files

ApachiSky is MUCH smaller than KS Hair weighing in at a sporty 182.2 MB.  You are still looking at over 200 items of menu clutter for all the styles and they do not look near as refined as KS Hair.  In fact, I tried it, had a good long look, went straight back to KS Hair and haven't looked back.  Many of the styles in Apachi are the same kind of Scheiße that I used Immersive KS Hair to remove!  hahaha:lmao:

If you want super simple, there's Vanilla Hair Remake:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/63979?tab=files

It's a simple retexturing of vanilla hair that improves the look.  It's a really light file!  1.7 MB. 

One final option is KS Hairdos Lite:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1932?tab=description

This one is about as small and simple as it gets, 20 female and 20 male hair styles from KS Hair with no other mods to install.  58.2 MB with NPC/follower changes, 49.8 MB for character only and no KS for npc's.  However, I have not used this mod so IDK if it's something you will like or not.  Only half of the included styles are pictured on the mod page.  I see several KS Hair styles that I have used before and liked yet none of the shorter styles you usually choose.  That doesn't mean the other 10 female styles aren't all the shorter ones, just that IDK. It's an older mod with over nine thousand endorsements so you should be safe to test it and take a look. :) 

I sure hope this helps, dear friend :)  

Adventure ever on, Phat:highfive: 

PS:  Scheiße!  Chewing on your controller... I totally forgot you're on Xbox!:profanityrabbit:  You can search by title on bethnet or I can check availability on there for you after my nap...  almost 4 AM...  time for a Phat cat nap!:gnight:

3 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

I recently installed KS Hair SMP and now have over 1000 hair styles!  Aaaaah!!! 

I use KS Hairdos too.  It's a great mod, but I found it offered too many choices for me to keep track of during a typical character creation session.   Immersive KS Hairdos did not exist yet so I was forced to do the hatchet job myself.  I play female characters so I deleted the male hairs and whittled the number of female hairs down to about 150.  My feeble memory can just about keep track of that number when making a new character. :lol:

I appreciate the enormous effort involved in compiling all these hairstyles into one mod and, in theory, I like having such a wide variety.  But, in practice, by the time I viewed 876 hairstyles I would forget which ones I liked and which ones I didn't.  I also dislike loading data that I know I'm never going to use.  So, for me, it was worth 12+ hours in the CK.  My severely truncated version has been essential in my games ever since.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I use KS Hairdos too.  It's a great mod, but I found it offered too many choices for me to keep track of during a typical character creation session.   Immersive KS Hairdos did not exist yet so I was forced to do the hatchet job myself.  I play female characters so I deleted the male hairs and whittled the number of female hairs down to about 150.  My feeble memory can just about keep track of that number when making a new character. :lol:

I appreciate the enormous effort involved in compiling all these hairstyles into one mod and, in theory, I like having such a wide variety.  But, in practice, by the time I viewed 876 hairstyles I would forget which ones I liked and which ones I didn't.  I also dislike loading data that I know I'm never going to use.  So, for me, it was worth 12+ hours in the CK.  My severely truncated version has been essential in my games ever since.  

I need to edit my new KS Hair options, including the SMP hair now.  Immersive KS Hair did all that for me and was rather convenient.  Phat loves a good "Easy Button!" Hahaha:lmao:  What I would like to have is Immersive KS Hair for SMP!!!  That would be a patience saving mod for sure.  I do not really need or want over 1000 hairstyles.  Immersive reduces that figure to around 200, much more manageable.  

I did manage to uncover two possible solutions for our dear brother, Rotzi's, quandary.  One was a simple edit of 16 short hairstyles from KS Hair and an author who does bethnet ports and has already made several custom versions of KS Hair for other folks.  I posted those in his profile feed.  

I need KS Hair to have options for the men as well as the women.  I play predominantly male characters with about 30% being female.  Another reason is that I have npc's that require those styles be installed as well.  Then there are my own npc creations...  Cannot make a male follower or npc replacer with only vanilla hair!  I have not created a new male in RaceMenu since installing the SMP hair...  (Zipp has a preset so no hair shopping required)  There are 107 male hair styles in the base KS Hair.  Immersive cut that to 22...  I use maybe half a dozen...  SMH... I need a way to rid myself of some of the menu clutter.  With some weapon packs they have crafting manuals that need to be in player inventory to see those options available to craft.  It would be nice to have two such manuals for KS Hair SMP...  Volume One...  Hair I Use...  Volume Two...  Hair I Do Not Use, under penalty of death!... then just put volume two on the shelf!  Hahaha:fear::fear::fear::lmao:  I think your idea of editing the base files to not include what I do not want will work better in the long run.:highfive:  This is something I need to learn because there are other mods I need to edit as well, like Pandorable's NPC Male vol 1 has a male Cicero that has a HARD conflict with my female Cicero and Kat's version of Giraud Gemane has a hairstyle that makes glam rock bands jealous... and a little nervous...  I like him better as a balding middle aged man, not a... whatever that is!  Hahaha:rofl:  So, I can certainly relate to wanting to customize mod files! :)   

Well... my tummy is calling for food... haven't eaten yet today... So, time to toddle off into the kitchen to see about making a sandwich...

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:highfive: