Skyrim Adventures

Rotzi

Recently i chewed on my controller trying to find a hair mod that doesn't go in the 200+ mb's for my female characters. I prefer short hairstyles but every mod i tried had mostly long hairs and maybe 1 short. A while ago i had some nice small KS packs from Vain (if i remember correctly) with short hairs that were perfect. But, like so many, they are gone. :cry: I would use vanilla hair but all the npc replacers i like use KS hairs and i can't allow that my character looks less classy then the npc's. :D

Not really a problem but sometimes these small things....you know what i mean. Maybe i should stop using mods. :crash: :P

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Rotzi said:

I made a album for my Skyrim pictures because i have to keep an eye on my limit. :stare:

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/gallery/category/1-members-albums-category/

Skyrim Adventures

Helpful hint...  

Greetings dear friend :)  There is a set limit on the amount of images and files we can upload.  However, there seems to be no limit as to the number of links one can employ.  So, I have taken to linking to images I have posted in other places like Steam, Nexus and Facebook.  I know of no limit to the number of images we can post on our Nexus account.  So, you can always post your images to Nexus then link them here.  That's what I'm doing now because I'm already at 70% used of my allotted space here. 

At the bottom of the typing window you can attach files on the left but there is a button called "Other Media" to the right.  Click that and select "insert image from URL."  Just copy/paste your image link in there, click "insert into post" and it will show up in your gallery or other post... just like I did below...  You can actually select where the image posts just by having the cursor where you want the image to appear before inserting the link.  It posts wherever your cursor is.  Hope this helps.

Adventure on, Phat:highfive:

PS:  Make sure you are using the image destination url and not just the mod or page link.  The image below is one I posted to Nico's Viper's Kiss mod.  Once I had the image in view on the mod page, I right clicked and selected "open image in new tab" then used the link from that new tab.  It's the same for facebook and many other sites where images can be posted.  Steam is a little different.  You need to click the image from your Steam images, then click the new image that opens to get yet another window containing the actual image destination.  If any of this is unclear or you need a hand, I am here for you :)  44744-1611453200-745310519.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rotzi said:

Recently i chewed on my controller trying to find a hair mod that doesn't go in the 200+ mb's for my female characters. I prefer short hairstyles but every mod i tried had mostly long hairs and maybe 1 short. A while ago i had some nice small KS packs from Vain (if i remember correctly) with short hairs that were perfect. But, like so many, they are gone. :cry: I would use vanilla hair but all the npc replacers i like use KS hairs and i can't allow that my character looks less classy then the npc's. :D

Not really a problem but sometimes these small things....you know what i mean. Maybe i should stop using mods. :crash: :P

No, your ladies are too pretty, lol. I like short(er) hair too. For some odd reason I like to see the neck and ears somewhat on my characters. In FO4 it's easy to change follower hair too, not so easy in Skyrim. Frequently I want to change follower hair, makeup, ect like in FO4. Only in Creation Kit and I'm not there yet(sad face, lol).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Handy6373 said:

No, your ladies are too pretty, lol. I like short(er) hair too. For some odd reason I like to see the neck and ears somewhat on my characters. In FO4 it's easy to change follower hair too, not so easy in Skyrim. Frequently I want to change follower hair, makeup, ect like in FO4. Only in Creation Kit and I'm not there yet(sad face, lol).

I generally now in Skyrim I just stick with Vanilla hair with a mod that just makes those more detailed.  The beauty salon hair just doesn't work for me on the adventuring type.  Just kind of sticks out like a sore thumb IMO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Helpful hint...  

Greetings dear friend :)  There is a set limit on the amount of images and files we can upload.  However, there seems to be no limit as to the number of links one can employ.  So, I have taken to linking to images I have posted in other places like Steam, Nexus and Facebook.  I know of no limit to the number of images we can post on our Nexus account.  So, you can always post your images to Nexus then link them here.  That's what I'm doing now because I'm already at 70% used of my allotted space here. 

At the bottom of the typing window you can attach files on the left but there is a button called "Other Media" to the right.  Click that and select "insert image from URL."  Just copy/paste your image link in there, click "insert into post" and it will show up in your gallery or other post... just like I did below...  You can actually select where the image posts just by having the cursor where you want the image to appear before inserting the link.  It posts wherever your cursor is.  Hope this helps.

Adventure on, Phat:highfive:

PS:  Make sure you are using the image destination url and not just the mod or page link.  The image below is one I posted to Nico's Viper's Kiss mod.  Once I had the image in view on the mod page, I right clicked and selected "open image in new tab" then used the link from that new tab.  It's the same for facebook and many other sites where images can be posted.  Steam is a little different.  You need to click the image from your Steam images, then click the new image that opens to get yet another window containing the actual image destination.  If any of this is unclear or you need a hand, I am here for you :)  44744-1611453200-745310519.jpeg

Thanks for all the info. :unworthy: Have to give you a :bigcookie: . (I have to start counting my reactions. To many nice posts here.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rotzi said:

Thanks for all the info. :unworthy: Have to give you a :bigcookie: . (I have to start counting my reactions. To many nice posts here.)

png-clipart-cookie-monster-anzac-biscuiti-want-all-the-cookies.jpg

Yeah, i was trying another alternate start mod but had a little problem. Thanks to bethesdas forum shutdown there are also no mod comments available anymore. They were sometimes a good indicator if a issue is real or maybe just on my end. I tried the AIO version from Realms of Lorkhan which includes two fixes but having that mod active crashed my game when the loadorder is changing upon reordering something. I still have to try the separate mods to see if it is something in the merge or the combination conflicts with something in my loadorder. But, my mod limit is full and deleting mods properly on console is always so tedious and time consuming.  :crash:

1009754942_Skyrim2021-06-1321-24-14.thumb.jpg.c3ba4ba0a78e403552b55b7ce6f3c9b6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Handy6373 said:

Hope you get things sorted out easily

No worries. I have to overthink my loadorder. There are a lot of german translations from mods now on bethnet. Since i have some of the english versions i need to overdo my loadorder anyway. :construction:

2048351832_Skyrim2021-06-1312-01-47.thumb.jpg.adf7a505976faa9eccccd3db33bb1322.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

God, i haven't played Skyrim for days. I tried to setup a new character (or continue with Raven) but the heat wave killed my motivation (and almost my console) to play anything. Even sitting on the computer while melting on the chair is horrible. :nuke: And i don't look forward to the next two weeks with monday to saturday working. I just hope after that i can motivate myself to play a little more again and bring in some new pictures in my gallery. :cry:

• Like 2

On 6/26/2021 at 1:14 PM, Rotzi said:

God, i haven't played Skyrim for days. I tried to setup a new character (or continue with Raven) but the heat wave killed my motivation (and almost my console) to play anything. Even sitting on the computer while melting on the chair is horrible. :nuke: And i don't look forward to the next two weeks with monday to saturday working. I just hope after that i can motivate myself to play a little more again and bring in some new pictures in my gallery. :cry:

I've been in a rut also.  Seems I go home from work, do what I need to do, then lay in bed and play mobile games until I'm ready to fall asleep.  I really want to get back into playing Skyrim and even have a character I like I'm just starting out with.  But I'm still recovering and after sitting at work all day the last thing I want to do is go home and sit at my PC.  But I feel like I got to get back into it soon.

However, GreedFall is on a 70% sale on STEAM right now with a new GOLD edition (with new DLC) coming out on the 30th.  The game has been on again off again my buy list since it' came out, but at 70% off I may go ahead and bite just to have something new to play.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

I've been in a rut also.  Seems I go home from work, do what I need to do, then lay in bed and play mobile games until I'm ready to fall asleep.  I really want to get back into playing Skyrim and even have a character I like I'm just starting out with.  But I'm still recovering and after sitting at work all day the last thing I want to do is go home and sit at my PC.  But I feel like I got to get back into it soon.

However, GreedFall is on a 70% sale on STEAM right now with a new GOLD edition (with new DLC) coming out on the 30th.  The game has been on again off again my buy list since it' came out, but at 70% off I may go ahead and bite just to have something new to play.

Overjoyed to hear you are recovering dear friend:run::bunny::banana::bunny::run:

I've only played through Greedfall once thus far.  However, that was enough for me to love the game.  The choices matter in Greedfall.  There are different endings for every faction, including three different tribal chiefs each having their own ending, some better some worse, lots of grey area, pure evil and good results as well.  Save liberally and frequently.  There are many choices for which you may wish to play both sides before moving on...  No spoilers here though.  There are many hours of great gameplay in Greedfall.  I'm hard approaching the 80 hour mark in my game with only one ending achieved.  I actually achieved the perfect diplomatic ending my first go.  I used swords and guns and focused all of my skill points in those two areas.  There are heavy 1H/2H melee weapons, rifles, pistols, rapiers, cutlasses and magic as well. 

Greedfall is a game to take your time, engage in the dialogue, learn the different factions and who the major players are.  There are many different characters and factions to introduce as well as the gameplay mechanics.  So, the first two plus hours of gameplay are actually the tutorial...  Then you arrive on Teer Fradee and start over again to learn about the native tribes and the island itself...  Again... no spoilers...  But, one tip is that I tended to help every faction up until the point they wanted me to harm or kill another faction.  Your character is a diplomat.  So, I played the diplomat.  However, you can stir up as much trouble as you like, among the factions, the native tribes, pit one against the other...  your choices actually matter and are seldom the "all roads lead to Rome" approach of so many other games where you merely have the illusion of choice because even though you had three different dialogue options, all yielded the same result.  No instant game over ending for making an evil choice...  just buckle up and prepare for consequences!:stare:

Thank you for the heads up regarding the DLC.  I'll be on the lookout for that now:highfive:  Greedfall was a self contained story that doesn't require any expansion to be great.  However, the factions and characters are very well written.  So, I'm curious to see what spin is forthcoming, what new twist is over that next horizon.  

Hope you are regaining more strength and improved health each day.  I would recommend starting Greedfall on a day off because you'll likely end up playing around eight hours straight... for me it was twelve... maybe twenty... I can't rightly remember now.  Heck... it took me several attempts and at least six hours just to get past the combat tutorial.  I'm shite at learning new games... takes me forever with some of them...  with Skyrim it just clicked for some reason... other games...  not so much...  still trying to get the hang of Witcher 3:rofl:  

Adventure on brother, Phat:blackhand: 

• Like 3

On 6/26/2021 at 12:14 PM, Rotzi said:

With the heat I have had I can only game for maybe 2 hours at best. I'm the one overheating not the pc, although it's warm it's within specs for temps. So I end up just watching tv/youtube as holding a controller during these temps is frustrating also. I live in a house built around 1918 and there is a ac unit downstairs there is not one upstairs so icky heat for me to game or watch tv, whew, I'm warm just typing this. :fire:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Handy6373 said:

With the heat I have had I can only game for maybe 2 hours at best. I'm the one overheating not the pc, although it's warm it's within specs for temps. So I end up just watching tv/youtube as holding a controller during these temps is frustrating also. I live in a house built around 1918 and there is a ac unit downstairs there is not one upstairs so icky heat for me to game or watch tv, whew, I'm warm just typing this. :fire:

If you don't have AC I suggest one of those special cooling towel things that you get damp, wring out then wear around your neck.  Gotta stay cool brother!

Adventure on, Phat:blackhand:

Finally i could play for a short time. New char is still in works. Some mod problems need to be solved. But i still have Raven for adventuring. She now follow the rumors about Dragons near Helgen.

399761674_Skyrim2021-06-2010-31-18.thumb.jpg.c9d06e918cb01d199a9a07877e28b8ef.jpg

Attachement limit is higher now. :celebration:

• Like 3

Not sure how this got into my YouTube feed, but I did LOL when I saw it.

As far as myself, I did play some this weekend (between grilling and drinking), but haven't really done much.  Honestly my incentive is just really low at the moment.  It's just hard to get motivated latey.

8 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Not sure how this got into my YouTube feed, but I did LOL when I saw it.

As far as myself, I did play some this weekend (between grilling and drinking), but haven't really done much.  Honestly my incentive is just really low at the moment.  It's just hard to get motivated lately.

ROFL:rofl:  Thanks brother, I needed a good laugh:beer: 

Haven't played much in the last few weeks either.  Been making a lot of backups to move to my new machine.  Between the mod files, images and video, I have 250 GB of Skyrim related files.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Between the mod files, images and video, I have 250 GB of Skyrim related files.  

About like me.  I've got just over 3900 Skyrim images on this PC, not counting those I stored on disk from my old PC. ... ... I may have a problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LeBurns said:

About like me.  I've got just over 3900 Skyrim images on this PC, not counting those I stored on disk from my old PC. ... ... I may have a problem.

Haha... A shared problem that we both enjoy immensely...  doesn't sound like much of a problem...  :beer:

I'm still working on the new char and ponder if i play vanilla start through Helgen or Quick Start after Helgen. But didn't have much time over the last two weeks to set up my character. I tried a mod that has a lot of QoL fixes in it but one of them doesn't seem to work. :crash:  I'm considering using it anyway and just live with the one thing not working because it would save me several mod slots for the separate fixes. :highfive: So, until i'm ready for the new game Raven's adventures continue. 

252066652_Skyrim2021-07-1111-35-15.thumb.jpg.88a8a595ad9a8d761bc102583e04eba1.jpg

Edited by Rotzi

• 8 months later...

Yes, thanks to Rotzi :) 

Here are some images from my latest SE adventures :)  

Myst by Nicoroshi, Loved this character so he made her a follower!xjPGmlc.jpegwsmnT1c.jpeg

Henna Seaside, my tiny Breton :)TLL1iDP.png5dxkCCE.jpegcD8QFIU.png

Zipp Candlewick with Lain, showing off blades by Nicoroshi.  Lain has the I'Hara great sword, part of Nico's Gift which is available in Nicoroshi Creations for SE and LE or stand alone blade set for LE.  It has a long sword, short sword and dagger version in addition to the great sword.  I'Hara is patterned after Kitt Rae's amazing Mithrodin blade.  Zipp is wielding the Mariner rapier and dagger, Nico's latest creation modeled after the Mariner rapier from brilliant Australian bladesmith Brendan of Fable Blades!  It comes in a variety of grip and scabbard colors including the original sea foam green, the purple seen in Zipp's keen grip, red and black.  They have ebony stats and ebony crafting requirement.  I love these weapons!  I feel I must apologize to Ronnie Magnum as the Mariner has taken the place of Ronnie's amazing Blade of Intrigue as my favorite rapier in game.  No worries, Ronnie.  I still have the Blade of Intrigue and many of your other fine weapons installed. :)cvgVgdI.pngqm7YKsr.jpeg

Give me some sugar, Lain:wub:  Thank you AFT!lfOHt5f.jpeg

Post kiss smirk courtesy of our lovely Lain and Expressive Facial Animations :)bqko3Ni.jpeg

Lain is as lovely as she is lethal! :)MNRy6BF.png

Looking back on my tribe as we reached the dragon claw door of Bleak Falls Barrow...wOtZjCK.png

Zipp modeling apparel by John Skyrim and weapons by Nicoroshi...QlQvyWx.jpeg

Looking back to check on my party...MtFAUef.jpeg

Photo opportunity!  Wearable Wanderer's Lute courtesy of Become a Bard, Zipp wears Azure Glade armor, Myst has Altmer Archer armor and Eliza the Huntress wears Charles Rene.  Weapons by Nicoroshi.  :)VxTnIGX.jpeg

My favorite view in the entire game.  Apologies for the heavy fog...EaTyDhM.png

Oh look!  A cave!  Yep... time to earn our keep, ladies...3KoBzZO.png

Meeting Gerdur and Hod, Gerdur is wearing Draped Dress by Newmiller :)8jGqIXo.png

Tay by Witcher Knight with Ashara Elven Knight armor in copper and green wielding the sea foam green version of Mariner and Eliza the Huntress with Charles Rene apparel, wielding Nord Hero Bow and arrow models by Nicoroshi. :)e2M20tk.jpeg

Myst is showing off the Altmer Archer armorwf2KaUe.png

Red Bag's Dragonsreach...  Love this mod!!! :)ZiqBKLg.pngDSTpzdl.pngOQjstnu.png

Ready for Bleak Falls Barrow!Kfp9pdT.png

Nico did an amazing job on the Mariner. Tay shows the exceptional scabbard detail here.6huYwHP.png

Aaaaah... the sun warming our faces, the wind in our hair... :)WNHTX0o.png

Zipp and Tay... love the way she looks at me:wub:SS0komW.png

Zipp Candlewick at home in Riverside Lodge by Lupus78. :)gOvbiyj.png

I still need to tweak the filters a bit to reduce the glare on lighter toned surfaces like the girl's faces and lighter colored outfits but I'm making headway.  Well... I was making a great deal of headway until I ran into the most persistent dark face bug I have ever encountered on Sybille Stentor!  Ugh!  So, I'm sending this from the lappy while I rebuild my bash patch once again on the tower after another change...  Really weird experience but good practice for troubleshooting.  I finally had Sybille back to what should've been a vanilla state yet it was NOT her vanilla face!  Also, my Elisif textures went bonkers in the process leaving Elisif the Fair both bald and dark faced!  So...  I gutted all of my NPC replacers and am currently starting over from scratch.  Worse case scenario, I will play with custom followers and vanilla NPC's for a while.  I've been totally Jonesing to play SE for far too long.  I got Zipp through BFB, picked up Lydia, ran some errand quests, picked up the Bard's College and Greybeard's quests, ran both dungeons... then I went to the Blue Palace with Viarmo...  Sybille broke my heart!  Well... back to LO repair.  I'll figure it out.  I always do.  Plus, Nico showed me several cool new tools that will help... well, new for me... CK, SSEEdit, Wrye Bash, LOOT, NifOptimizer and several others have all been around for some time... just new to old Phat.

Adventure ever on dear friends, Phat:highfive:

• Like 2

some nice images there mate, and some handy followers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 2:37 PM, Uncus said:

some nice images there mate, and some handy followers.

Great news!  Dark face bug finally eradicated!  Huzzah!  I rebuilt my LO with all of the npc textures I pulled to find the issue and am currently back in action, just having a look around to ensure everyone has the proper face!  Hahaha:rofl:  Six days from noticing the issue and starting trouble shooting til all reinstalls complete post fix.  That is a record for me!  This was, hands down, the most persistent dark face bug I have ever encountered!  In the end it was two failed patches that weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing and causing chaos instead!  Hahaha:rofl:

Anyway... glad to be back on the path to adventure rather than the tech support path! :)  Will share new images here soon!  Meanwhile, let's see some of yours, dear friends. :)  

Adventure ever on, Phat:highfive:

• Like 2