Anyone thinking of modding Days Gone?

Angel

Been playing Days Gone since it came out for PC a couple days ago (a couple days gone) :teehee:

It uses the Unreal Engine 4 so some level of moddability should be possible, but so far there isn't even a nexus page for it.

Anyone want to try their hand at it? Game is pretty good as-is for all the zombie apocalypse lovers out there...but would love -something- being done with it to twist it up a little.

Wait what Uncus? Is it impossible to mod or are you saying the game sucks or something? Referring to your laugh reaction.

sorry mate not sure what you mean, think we have our wires crossed some where. As far as I know I haven't commented on this topic.

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

sorry mate not sure what you mean, think we have our wires crossed some where. As far as I know I haven't commented on this topic.

You put a laugh reaction emote thingy on my post. Just wondering what you mean by it. Like is the game unmoddable or was that for something about the game?

1.png

that is a recognition a bit like liking that's how you earn reputation points.

4 minutes ago, Uncus said:

that is a recognition a bit like liking that's how you earn reputation points.

Oh well thank you!

Was just wondering if the game was unmoddable, seeing as nobody has even made a single mod for it yet or even put up a nexus page.

Okay so any of the modders here maybe want to take a look at game? Unreal Engine 4? I have no idea if that would be fun for anyone to mod, but game could be pretty nice with a few mods I reckon.

Whoever takes this on would literally be the first mod up for game, and there's loads of zombie apocalypse enthusiasts who'd love you for doing it!

thanks angel glad we sorted that out, see you around. Have fun mate there are a lot of new people here, me included. most are refugees from the soon to be closed Bethesda Forums.

34 minutes ago, Uncus said:

thanks angel glad we sorted that out, see you around. Have fun mate there are a lot of new people here, me included. most are refugees from the soon to be closed Bethesda Forums.

That's where I came from! I'm just glad to have found a space to talk about the games I love to play :wub:

Absolutely love Bethesda games, but the company seems to have taken a very dark turn lately. I just love the worlds they design and how we are able to change them through the awesome mods people make. Hoping that maybe Days Gone might be moddable as well to whatever extent - the world there looks amazing and would be worth adding to if mods are possible.

that would be a question for someone far more knowledgeable than me. I am very much a mod user but ask me to make one, you might as well ask me to flight to the moon. I must say I do not recognize your name have you taken on a new identity for this thread, as I have also done.

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

that would be a question for someone far more knowledgeable than me. I am very much a mod user but ask me to make one, you might as well ask me to flight to the moon. I must say I do not recognize your name have you taken on a new identity for this thread, as I have also done.

Using the same name as on the Bethesda forums. Figured that would be a nice idea in case anyone from forums turned up, but they haven't. Looks like Bethesda succeeded in destroying the community, grats I guess Bethesda?

Ok must have been on different threads, I was mostly on Fallout4 or Skyrim SE and you?

5 minutes ago, Uncus said:

Ok must have been on different threads, I was mostly on Fallout4 or Skyrim SE and you?

I was on the Fallout 76 forums, so their only multiplayer game had its online community completely dismantled by shutting down the forums - that game doesn't even have text chat inside the game. Most players communicate by bouncing up and down on the spot and shooting at the ground because of this lack of communications (most players don't have microphones on PC).

Bit of a joke really, plodded on with it as best as I could hoping they'd one day let us mod, but I strongly suspect their idea of mods really is only confined to things like changing the sky colour as they last mentioned IF they ever even get mods to the private servers.

I though 76 was being left alone for the moment at least is that then not the case

1 minute ago, Uncus said:

I though 76 was being left alone for the moment at least is that then not the case

No they are taking all the forums down. Only place that survived is ESO, and that's on a different forum/website.

4 minutes ago, Angel said:

No they are taking all the forums down. Only place that survived is ESO, and that's on a different forum/website.

That's a bit strange cutting one online game but leaving the other. Or does ESO have its own forum server.

12 minutes ago, Uncus said:

That's a bit strange cutting one online game but leaving the other. Or does ESO have its own forum server.

It's a different website, probably something to do with how the company is structured. It isn't a Bethesda game, it's a Zenimax game.

On 5/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, Angel said:

It's a different website, probably something to do with how the company is structured. It isn't a Bethesda game, it's a Zenimax game.

Ah all becomes clear

10 hours ago, Uncus said:

That's a bit strange cutting one online game but leaving the other. 

Elder Scrolls Online is developed by a different studio.  It is developed by Zenimax Online.  Angel is right: they are a separate company and they own and operate their own forums, at a different internet address.  Basically, it is no different than Obsidian or Bioware operating their own forums.  :)

Looks like an interesting game. Does anyone know what engine it uses by chance?

It is hard to tell from the mods on the Nexus since so far all they have are video skippers and ReShade presets.

If you're asking about ESO, I think it's using the Hero Engine.

13 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Looks like an interesting game. Does anyone know what engine it uses by chance?

It is hard to tell from the mods on the Nexus since so far all they have are video skippers and ReShade presets.

Days Gone (if we're talking about the topic) is made on Unreal Engine 4, which I think is moddable.

The game is really good to look at and the game world is well made. The infected mobs behave quite interestingly as well, and human mobs have reasonable AI (try to flank and creep up on you and so on).

I think one of the things I'd like to see would be some kind of mod that made the challenge mode of surviving a horde attack brought into game world. Maybe set up proper takeovers on a base? No idea if the game world would allow that.

Otherwise the more likely mods would be boring old character swaps, which due to challenge mode where other characters actually are playable should have some ability to do. Perhaps. If Sony hasn't stepped on the game too much and prevented modding.