Comments on the Saga of Uncus

Uncus

Please place any comment on the Saga of Uncus here to keep the main thread clean and easy to read. thank you

OK I'll kick this off by telling you all about the Mods used to make this small project of mine. A couple of years ago I found a world space mod by aaronbrown9898 called "The Island" and it impressed the hell out of me. It can be found on the Nexus here The Island at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) 

It is a beautifully crafted island which can be played as a normal world space mod or as a survival start mod for a new game. It has an add on patch for Arthmore's "live another life" mod where you the player are shipwrecked on an seemingly uninhabited island in nothing but your smalls. You must survive and find a way off the island. It is a mod designed with a hunter stealth archer type character in mind but is also playable with other builds. The more you explore the more there is to discover, there is a quest involving the Dwenmer and a animal follower of sorts. It is not without its faults but nothing game breaking, the odd floating tree and occasional clipping through terrain stuff normal to a Beth game. Go look at the mod page on the Nexus for more info on the mod itself aaron has done some sterling work in my opinion. As I played the mod the saga of Uncus began to be born in my mind, I hope we can make the journey of discovery with Uncus together as he survives and eventually returns to Skyrim to complete his quest to find new lands for his tribe.

20201216005627_1 (2).jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely!  Well described and the screenies help hugely.

This amounts to a lot of work sweetie, so much appreciated hmmm.  I know when I had my journal written up years ago….it was a hour in-game and two hours writing it up with dialogue and drama. 

It's an enjoyable tale to follow.

A.:cool:

Edited by Adella
Copied selection

Could not agree more, been a bit hectic here but not have a couple of days off and a fortnight Thursday II retire then things should be more relaxed. Will be getting some new stuff out soon ASAP. No the whip will not be nessercery it will only distract me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The whip?….Oh you mean this whip:whip::woot:  Oops sorry old habits and all that!:rofl:

Enjoyed Uncus’ hunting piece and bow initiation write up.

A.:beer:

Chapter the third…Lol.  A fun form of diction.

Now, one of the things I enjoy with Uncus is the detailed descriptions of how he manages his survival techniques.  Like bow making…which exactly matches YT vids I have seen where craftsmen or a practicing Bowyer had made a real bow from scratch, balanced the limbs for bend and tuned its operation….fascinating stuff…and Uncus did it too👍

Now he needs salt…yes….vital for life, yet often overlooked in tales of survival. Can’t wait to see how he is going to become sea faring….and most importantly…navigate.

Still enjoying this well written tale 🤗

Got that covered too there are two possibilities of obtaining a vessel to leave the island, one provided by the mod author which you will have seen on the Beth net version. I have a problem with that "vanilla" version as I think the ship provided is much to large for one person to sail any great distance. There is how ever another smaller craft on the island I intend to use as my escape pod, if you have been reading the Beth Net version you have already seen it. Can you guess which craft it is, the winner gets bragging rights.

this time of day always

8 minutes ago, Helgatheangel said:

Caught up with your story today, Uncus! Interesting! I enjoy reading it. :clap:

You are a great story-teller! Keep up the good work and have lots of fun with the story!

Do you have time for a beer :beer: 

Good luck, my Friend :innocent:

this time of day always the sun is well over the yard arm now.

5 minutes ago, Helgatheangel said:

Let's have some more then....:beer: :beer: :rofl: .... and I'm out of reactions :facepalm:

since I got promoted in my rep standing I seem to have more reaction points, I might be wrong but HMM don't really know

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading your latest entry of 1st Aug.:clap:

The iron smelting and steel production matches the natural yesteryear crafting videos I have seen on YT.  Of course even a medieval Smith had better smelting and metal working equipment than poor old Uncus can cobble together from odds and ends.  Plus the luxury of limitless experimentation with the recipe and proportions to get it right.  However, any of us could in theory make useable steel in the manner Uncus has trialled.  Anyway, just wanted to say very well imagined and nicely written:woot:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adella said:

Just finished reading your latest entry of 1st Aug.:clap:

The iron smelting and steel production matches the natural yesteryear crafting videos I have seen on YT.  Of course even a medieval Smith had better smelting and metal working equipment than poor old Uncus can cobble together from odds and ends.  Plus the luxury of limitless experimentation with the recipe and proportions to get it right.  However, any of us could in theory make useable steel in the manner Uncus has trialled.  Anyway, just wanted to say very well imagined and nicely written:woot:

Why thank you for your kind words my lady, I am pleased that this simple bard can entertain you.

• Like 3

Read journal of 4th Aug.

Yes! I know full well that sweaty palmed fear as Falmer pass too close by for comfort.  The account realises this well.  Ah…The White Wolf…more tribal style spiritualism, let us hope the guardians are well meaning and not self serving or mean.  The dream seems to indicate this sprit is innocuous, perhaps it will lead Uncus to more discoveries about himself as much as the world.

Again I enjoyed the descriptive art and imaginative locations, of which I understand the Island mod provides only the scene setting.

Well done Uncus:cool:

A.

• Like 2

The mod is of its self great experience for those who like nature survival, it can be played as an alternate start from Arts dungeon, or a new world space mod by taking ship from Dawnstar. when you buy your ticket on the Skyrim Cyridel shipping line you can choose just to be transported to the island arriving at the docks or take the ship wreck route if you do not like LAL for some reason. The Falmer will continue to be a problem for Uncus but he will try hard not to kill any without good cause. The introduction of the white wolf in his dreams is laying the foundations for future plot lines. Watch this space more will be reviled at a later date.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

30 Aug 21

Gosh, what a nice big story advancement…new places discovered, but getting rather too close to those awful Falmer things I think.  Uncus was lucky to defeat a Troll and yet stay safe from it. Thankfully they are slow of course, but a single hit from those rending claws is often fatal.

Again, nicely written sweetie 👍😃

Thanks Adella, your support i appreciated. Had a bit of a rest from writing playing around with making videos but hd a bit of a bing writing new content this week.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Caught up with the saga. Sadly there was little more than the point I last got to, and I was so looking forward to seeing Uncus’ progress.

I do hope we shall see more Uncus adventure soon hmmm!

Adella:hug:

4 hours ago, Adella said:

Caught up with the saga. Sadly there was little more than the point I last got to, and I was so looking forward to seeing Uncus’ progress.

I do hope we shall see more Uncus adventure soon hmmm!

Adella:hug:

You are right I have neglected Uncus recently, but I have not abandoned him. Firstly I got caught up in a new game,” Medieval Dynasty” . Not quite what I expected, it turned out to be basically a village building sim with a bit of a story and slight RPG elements, quite engaging all the same though.

Now getting back to Uncus my problems there are technical rather that inspirational. I am getting to the part where Uncus will meet White Elk Woman, Ideally I would like to get them both together on the island in the same save to make taking screen shots together, not the easiest of tasks. In the mean time I have been thinking about how I am going to manage the meeting both on screen and on the written page. I am really intending to get something worth reading accomplished as soon as possible. I can always add the illustrations latter once I have worked out how I will make them a reality.

Now thats enough about me and my troubles, how have you been keeping yourself not seen much of you lately and what have you been up to. Are there any updates on your work in progress. Keep in touch its always good to have a natter. I have by the way been watching your new vids you have given yourself a hard task to complete this time. :hug:

Hello sweetie. Hmmm, well White Elk Woman will need to be a custom skinned npc follower I think.  So you might be looking for some generous help from an accomplished mod author, unless it is within your capability of course.  Best of luck with that, I do hope it works out as envisaged.

As for myself, well, still surviving my Black Diamond Challenge (as provided here under ‘Adella’s Survival Challenges’).  I had to practice the Thalmor Embassy run through a few times before committing to the video’ed, Dead is Dead, run.  One slip there would have meant a restart back in Helgen with Ralof some 50+ hours back.  Quite the butt pucker’er 😂.  On the plus side I gained an Elven mace…significant because at level one you can’t make better than iron gear.

So next, when I have a swell of bravado, I shall be attempting to liberate Esbern from the Ratway.  I can not sustain more than two hits from Thalmor or more than a few seconds of their magical attacks and summons.  However, I can shout and shoot…and run…and hide. I hope that will be enough….It will have to be.

I must learn to add my YT video links here…All my recordings are carefully produced to be completely SFW <cough>.  I think you and others might find them entertaining hmmm.

Future aspiration: I have yet to embark upon my absolutely huge and insane ‘Plutonium Challenge’ which will be satisfying fun.  Essentially, as with all my toughest trials it is Dead is Dead with no healing, magic or followers..BUT..in this one you have to survive ALL 9 major full quest-lines, obtain ALL 13 Dragonpriest masks, ALL Daedric Prince artefacts and a forged Aetherium item.  Without a single death of your character…THAT in my view deserves the title of ultimate Skyrim combat survivor huh!

Well, I wrote rather more than intended. I do get carried away..Lol.

We really must keep in touch more hmmm!

Warmest regards

A. :hug:

3 minutes ago, Adella said:

Hello sweetie. Hmmm, well White Elk Woman will need to be a custom skinned npc follower I think.  So you might be looking for some generous help from an accomplished mod author, unless it is within you capability of course.  Best of luck with that, I do hope it works out as envisaged.

As for myself, well, still surviving my Black Diamond Challenge (as provided here under ‘Adella’s Survival Challenges’).  I had to practice the Thalmor Embassy run through a few times before committing to the video’ed, Dead is Dead, run.  One slip there would have meant a restart back in Helgen with Ralof some 50+ hours back.  Quite the butt pucker’er 😂.  On the plus side I gained an Elven mace…significant because at level one you can’t make better than iron gear.

So next, when I have a swell of bravado, I shall be attempting to liberate Esbern from the Ratway.  I can not sustain more than two hits from Thalmor or more than a few seconds of their magical attacks and summons.  However, I can shout and shoot…and run…and hide. I hope that will be enough….It will have to be.

I must learn to add my YT video links here…All my recordings are carefully produced to be completely SFW <cough>.  I think you and others might find them entertaining hmmm.

Future aspiration: I have yet to embark upon my absolutely huge and insane ‘Plutonium Challenge’ which will be satisfying fun.  Essentially, as with all my toughest trials it is Dead is Dead with no healing, magic or followers..BUT..in this one you have to survive ALL 9 major full quest-lines, obtain ALL 13 Dragonpriest masks, ALL Daedric Prince artefacts and a forged Aetherium item.  Without a single death of your character…THAT in my view deserves the title of ultimate Skyrim combat survivor huh!

Well, I wrote rather more than intended. I do get carried away..Lol.

We really must keep in touch more hmmm!

Warmest regards

A. :hug:

Yes we must talk more often, you should maybe start a my stuff page like mine I post all sorts of stuff that interests me there not just gaming related. I'll be honest I bow to your superior skill your challenges are awesome, me after the fifth death I would be going f this where is my last quick save give me another super healing potion. I suppose I play more for the stories not so much the challenge.

As for getting Uncus back on track I think I might try photoshop first its more my thing as I only want stills not videos. For now though I am nearly ready to add some more text at least, we will see how it goes.

• 1 month later...

Uncus sweetie….Please do tell us you have not abandoned poor Uncus’ story…I shall be most disappointed and sad.  I really want to see him escape the island!

Hope this brief missive finds you well…

A.x

2 hours ago, Adella said:

Uncus sweetie….Please do tell us you have not abandoned poor Uncus’ story…I shall be most disappointed and sad.  I really want to see him escape the island!

Hope this brief missive finds you well…

A.x

No not abandoned but temperly on hold. I have a new German Shepherd pup and am very busy with his basic training. But do not worry I am still thinking and planning in my head.

315C38C7-9A2D-4A34-B038-9786FA9BE671.thumb.jpeg.37d0f1740731a2af9e317c7ab81003d0.jpeg5FE96C13-FA18-43E6-8C89-13C8A6C42B87.thumb.jpeg.eb4d933d271eb33beee0ab72aa16ac85.jpeg84CAA2BE-4171-4814-9883-0A31D0B59993.thumb.jpeg.7a294200c6fcd1f3b6ad59ad250b83c5.jpeg

Bruce says sorry for the inconvieniance but I have a lot to learn.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

To any one still interested I have recently started adding more content for Uncus, Hope you enjoy what I have added.