Bethesda net refugees

Uncus

Personally I see Starfield as a massive opportunity for the developers, don't care who they are, hints given so far really do not lead me to be able to speculate much, what I hope for is a game that combines the best of what Beth has previously had to offer with a new focus, in the absence of ES6. It could be an indicator as to how that may go too.

Only thing I took from what has been seen so far is that for some reason much of the infrastructure and interiors reminded me of Vault Tec!

Of course with great opportunity, as in new "franchise" comes great risk that it could all go t***s up; for me I don't see playing safe with Starfield is an option, they have to go for it. :alienjump:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Uncus said:

In the 50's and 60's the world started to get more freedom on all fronts, the 70's was ok too but in the 80's and 90's blue meenies started getting more power simply because the powers that be did not dare to say get a life when people started complaining about things they mostly did not know anything about or understand. taking things out of context and wanted to rewrite history just because it did not fit their mind set and could not understand that these things evolve, what is acceptable behaviour in one century is not what future centuries accept that's just the way it was. that does not mean you cant find values of the past good bad or indifferent, but you do have to accept those were the values of the time.

I would also like to add something to this, History is done you can't change it, you can how ever study it and learn from it and try to do better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

I would also like to add something to this, History is done you can't change it, you can how ever study it and learn from it and try to do better.

Well you can't change history, but you can certainly reinterpret it.  Too many don't study history to learn from it.  They study it to twist it to meet their current agenda.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fenrus said:

I have one space game in my steam library. It is called Astroneer. It is a sandbox game where you land on a planet and can build a base. But you have to watch your oxygen levels and walk with 'a tether' pipe to an oxygen supply. You can terraform the planet and mine for different things. There are giant caves that can be explored and easily get lost in.

(I purchased it a few years ago and forget it is there. But it is an ok game if anyone is interested.)

I think Wing commander 2 back in the 90s turned me off space games. All that combat and flying through asteroid fields - looked good but I wasn't any good at it.) Never had any interest in the Outer worlds, or Mass effect either.

My current space games include 'No Man Sky' (which I stopped playing after MP was added), BATTLETECH, Mass Effect (waiting on a sale to buy the remake trilogy), Planet Base (colony sim), X-Com Defense (the original, including since you go to Mars), The Spatials, Mastor of Orion (the remake), X-COM Enemy Unknown, and X-COM 2.

The only real RPG's is NMS, BT, and ME.  I'd say that only ME would come close to what Starfield might be like.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 6:38 AM, phatbassanchor said:

Todd has said many things before, most of which were fallacies, half truths and utter lies. 

I wouldn't believe Todd now if he says rain is wet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My favourite sci-fi rpg is still Mass Effect 1. Aside from the Fallouts 3 and NV but they are not the classic sci-fi rpg's. No real category with the real world/sci-fi/apocalypse mix. When they say more hardcore i see endless micromanagement, recource gathering and base building (settlement building) before my eyes. Maybe Constellation is the new Minutemen. And Lt. Greston Parvey marks another planet that needs your help on the holo map. :fear:

On 6/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, Pseron Wyrd said:

“Well, we like to put you in a world where we're not dragging you by the nose and saying you must do X, Y and Z, and that it's okay for you to want to test the [game’s boundaries].

I still have my doubts they get something like this done. Not after F4's main quest on rails, forced quest starts behaving like a ticking time bomb (where the quest just breaks if you don't follow it right away...i'm looking at you "Fire Support") and dialogues that just push you in the wanted direction. 

Just a friendly reminder to stay away from politics guys. Not that anything that has been posted is against the rules, but I feel like we had the "In my day" rant a couple of weeks back already.

Not that's I'm necessarily unsympathetic to the sentiments expressed.

On 6/27/2021 at 10:14 AM, Rotzi said:

I still have my doubts they get something like this done. Not after F4's main quest on rails, forced quest starts behaving like a ticking time bomb (where the quest just breaks if you don't follow it right away...i'm looking at you "Fire Support") and dialogues that just push you in the wanted direction. 

FO4 was a mixed bag for me.

Some good things:  I did end up generally liking the character building (stats and SPECIAL and all that).  I did like the custom designed companions.  I LOVE that at least two of the factions didn't force you to be the new leader.  I initially liked how Power Armor was done, but it eventually would get broken as you end up with 50+ suits back at your house.  I really liked Far Harbor, even more so than the MQ.

I did not like how the four factions were basically built into the MQ and couldn't just be done separately.  Did not like the magical effects added to legendary items.  Did not like bloat flies carrying missile launchers.  Did not like having to dress like a clown to get someone to agree with you, particularly the companions ("I just saved your life Cait, and I still have to wear this stupid hat for you to like me?").  I really hated Nuka World as it should have been an option to start there from the beginning of the game, like join the raiders instead of the Minutemen in the first town and thus begin Nuka World, as is it was just shoehorned in.

In the end I couldn't play FO4 anymore.  Just too much illogical things going on for me to even enjoy the game anymore.

Due to how long it takes them to make a game, it would seem that things that they learned from responses to Skyrim, would be getting added to Starfield, while things they learned from FO4's reactions, won't be improved until TES-6.

2 hours ago, LeBurns said:

I really liked Far Harbor, even more so than the MQ.

Fah Hahbah...  Me too brother... me too:beer:

• Like 3

I like the Nuka World location. But never played as a Raider. (Except for a test when the NW was new.)

I have thought for years that the option to be a raider should have been in the base game. Nukaworld's quest should have been for everyone. Like Far harbor's was.

My secret to enjoying Fallout 4 is to tell my own story, make some mods and build settlements.

I think the two factions that didn't allow your character to become leader were the two most 'thought out' factions quest wise. They both had longer quest lines. (I think when the game was being written , Bethesda thought most players would side with either the BOS or the RR.)

I like the Institute, but its questline was very ordinary in places. I didn't mind being made Director, but there was nothing to do. Restart the game, or build settlements for the MM. (Maybe Bethesda thought few people would side with them.)

4 hours ago, Fenrus said:

I like the Nuka World location. But never played as a Raider. (Except for a test when the NW was new.)

I have thought for years that the option to be a raider should have been in the base game. Nukaworld's quest should have been for everyone. Like Far harbor's was.

My secret to enjoying Fallout 4 is to tell my own story, make some mods and build settlements.

I think the two factions that didn't allow your character to become leader were the two most 'thought out' factions quest wise. They both had longer quest lines. (I think when the game was being written , Bethesda thought most players would side with either the BOS or the RR.)

I like the Institute, but its questline was very ordinary in places. I didn't mind being made Director, but there was nothing to do. Restart the game, or build settlements for the MM. (Maybe Bethesda thought few people would side with them.)

I'm all about creating that role play dear friend!:poke:

Adventure on, Phat:blackhand:

Sah has a live feed tonight, be there or be square. Check her YouTube channel for your scheduled local time.

Don't miss it, event of the weekend.

On 6/22/2021 at 2:49 PM, LeBurns said:

Well you can't change history, but you can certainly reinterpret it.  Too many don't study history to learn from it.  They study it to twist it to meet their current agenda.

Of course one can change history….it is no more fixed than tomorrow.  In fact I already have…but of course there is no way for you to tell…..

A.:lmao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Adella said:

Of course one can change history….it is no more fixed than tomorrow.  In fact I already have…but of course there is no way for you to tell…..

A.:lmao:

I did not know you were a time lord/lady  as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello all. I was in the last forums as Rama. So glad this has been started up. The new Bethesda Discord site is terrible IMO. I was missing the old forums

12 minutes ago, Raman said:

Hello all. I was in the last forums as Rama. So glad this has been started up. The new Bethesda Discord site is terrible IMO. I was missing the old forums

welcome home mate.

8 hours ago, Raman said:

I second Uncus' (aka Kregen) greeting.  Welcome home friend:firerabbit:

Glad you found your way here to safety:highfive:

Adventure on, Phat:blackhand:

• Like 2

Speaking on the last BGS forum, it looks like they completely removed the Starfield category.  I guess they are starting to archive the smaller categories?

3 hours ago, LeBurns said:

...it looks like they completely removed the Starfield category.  I guess they are starting to archive the smaller categories?

The only forums active at this time are Skyrim General Discussion, Skyrim Mods General and Request, Skyrim Creation Club, Fallout 4 General Discussion, Fallout 4 Mods and Requests and Fallout 4 Creation Club.  

I was in BGS Forums today.

The categories were each entitled oddly with the prefix:

“Biscuit crumbs”

You could neither edit a post or create a new topic…in other words closed!

However,  a few hours later that odd prefix was removed and the posts were editable again.  Weird! 

I can only surmise that the shut down was temporary due to some technical reason

Doubtless the reprieve will be brief….

Adella

5 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Aren't those also due to be shuttered today?

No idea. Bethesda Softworks only deigns to communicate with their lowly moderating staff once a month.  There are questions I asked them last year that have still not been answered. 

Man the walls and pull up the drawbridge we don't want previous renegades (sorry Renee) they might pollute us and give the plebs inside ideas.