Bethesda net refugees

Uncus

33 minutes ago, Dragonblood said:

@Sah  @Adella    Have you guys thought about possibly doing some Mod Showcases or Reviews?  They could be a good way to force YouT%$# into showing your videos.   I just happen to have one. :D How about a comparison of Unread Books Glow Super and the Original?  Should bring some traffic.  There are 750,000 people on steam still subscribed to it.  Allot of other mods here would make great showcase videos too.

sounds like a good idea

if anyone here wants a small video for there mod will be happy to give it a go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sah said:

sounds like a good idea

I'm always interested in honest reviews, if you are game I'm in. Although that probably doesn't surprise you that I'd be in, lol.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

@Sah  @Adella    Have you guys thought about possibly doing some Mod Showcases or Reviews?  They could be a good way to force YouT%$# into showing your videos.   I just happen to have one. :D How about a comparison of Unread Books Glow Super and the Original?  Should bring some traffic.  There are 750,000 people on steam still subscribed to it.  Allot of other mods here would make great showcase videos too.

Comparing book mods?  With Adella and Sah, it would have to be combat mods.  Also, Sah is on PC but Adella is on Xbone.  So, Adella cannot access the variety that Sah can.  

I like the idea of seeing my two dear friends gain more support.  But, book mods?  IDK, Dragonblood...  That's even tame for me and my last mod review was on More Giant's Toe:rofl:  Yes, Phat can be boring at times.  But, even we pass on book mods...:rofl:  I hadn't even planned on making the Toe video... I just happened to hit the record during testing and decided to put it up, after a quick edit, just for friends and the mod author's use.

I get your point though.  Popular mod topics equal views.  So, Huzzah for that :)  Book mod reviews for Sah and Adella:rofl:    That's like asking Elenwen to campaign for United Way or Toys for Tots!:rofl:  Or... asking Wolverine to take over Mr. Rogers Neighborhood!:rofl:  Apologies... This is hilarious to me...  I have to pee...  Need to chill for a moment...:rofl:

Okay...  finally caught my breath again...  I certainly do not mean to laugh at you my friend.  That just really hit my funny bone, hard.  Great idea to get Adella and Sah more views.  That is a winner of an idea. :) 

Adventure ever on, Phat:highfive:

37 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

Comparing book mods?  With Adella and Sah, it would have to be combat mods.  Also, Sah is on PC but Adella is on Xbone.  So, Adella cannot access the variety that Sah can.

The Mod will be available on Xbox in the near future.  The original already is.

Not everyone is only interested in combat Mods. Expand your mind. :clap: I was even thinking they may be interested in having a go at the Sounds of Skyrim. :beer: 

5 hours ago, Sah said:

sounds like a good idea

It is a great idea. The only question is - Do you think you could have fun doing them?  Everyone likes well done comparison videos. How is the new version different form the previous version or how is this Town Mod different from this one.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

How about a comparison of Unread Books Glow Super and the Original?

Hi Dragonblood:highfive:

I had the original Unread Books Glow installed for about a year.  But, I was still picking up all the books anyway to fill my empty bookshelves in my player homes.  So, it was removed and fell by the wayside.  TBH, The mod did not need a rewrite.  Not sure why anyone bothered publishing a new version.  The old one always worked fine, doing exactly what it was said it would.  

Thanks for a good laugh earlier, even if it wasn't intentional, I thoroughly enjoyed that.  I hope my reaction did not offend.  What you said struck me as hilarious and I had a great laugh.  

I did take a look at the "Super" version and was not impressed enough to try the mod myself.  For me, if the original works why fix it or make it over?  I didn't get the purpose of the Super version.  It just came across as a "Me Too" kind of thing.

I really meant no insult.  I genuinely found the idea humorous.  I mean no disrespect.  In all honesty, it's more something I might review.  I work with Nico on weapons mods but I don't use combat mods.  Combat mods are Adella's and Sah's thing, not mine.  That is why I found the suggestion so funny.  I've tested and reviewed many hundreds of mods, mostly just because I like to share good news to the authors that I like for the mods they made that I use in my game or at least enjoyed in my game for a season for a specific purpose.  My kind of mods are followers, npc replacements, gameplay/cheats, weapons, armor, player homes and quest mods.  There are some others too.  But, I look into all the new mods of those types and try all that interest me beyond the description page.  

Apologies if you were offended by my laughter.  It was honest and in earnest, not intended as a slight, just struck me as really funny.  Since we are still discussing it, I'm getting even more crazy images in my head like Atilla the Hun as the new spokesperson for the George Foreman grill!:rofl:  My mind often gets running with a joke and doesn't know when to stop.  So, old Phat will STFU now... the quit while you're behind kind of thing...

Total facepalm on my part...:facepalm:

Adventure on my friend, Phat:run:

32 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

I did take a look at the "Super" version and was not impressed enough to try the mod myself.  For me, if the original works why fix it or make it over?  I didn't get the purpose of the Super version.  It just came across as a "Me Too" kind of thing.

Makes sense.

• Like 1

Adella and Sah

Fun With Flags

So who had a good time at the "The Tap Room"  Last night, Tell your friends spread the word there is warm place with good company where you can hang out and watch Sah movies in comfort.

• Like 1

Did you no watch the TV series “The big bang theory” , fun with flags was the name of Sheldons live streem with Amy.

Adella and Sah doing a reviw of book glow in the dark would be like this its not realy their thing. Not that there is anything wrong with the mod it just needs a more appropriat reviewer, preferable some one conected with magic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uncus said:

Adella and Sah

Fun With Flags

I recognized this immediately! Loved that show. And yes had a fun time, love chatting with everyone.

TBBT ‘Fun with Flags’ was really humorous imo.  Sheldon sees fascination in things ‘normal’ people just don’t…Amy’s face often said it all Lol.

Yes, I don’t think glowing books is for me….I see it as a utility to cut down on unnecessary re-reading, but I tend to not use many mods that add convenience. Personal preference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adella said:

Yes, I don’t think glowing books is for me….I see it as a utility to cut down on unnecessary re-reading, but I tend to not use many mods that add convenience. Personal preference.

Agreed, especially mods that don't make sense.  Glowing books, give me a break.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ikonomov said:

Agreed, especially mods that don't make sense.  Glowing books, give me a break.

This is only one of the most downloaded Mods ever made.  Give me a break.  :rofl: 

This version received 500,000 downloads on PC and XBox in a little over 3 months. It was the most download mod on Bethesda.net for a week.  You sure know how to call them. :clap:

https://media.tenor.co/videos/4979a7caf8864bb58f1ecfeeb3d5ec58/mp4

Oooooh just look!  All those books covered in green goop…..Have you let afflicted in?

(Lol…just tugging your tail hmmm:innocent:)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

Oh sorry Dragonblood….You must think me dreadfully ignorant.  I only just spotted your comment.  To be fair my mod use really revolves around combat based non advantageous effects which do not change vanilla mechanics.  
I do enjoy an unreasonably tough game…Always 3rd person, Typically, Legendary, Dead is Dead, no healing, no magic (unless specifically being a sorceress), no followers, doubled vanilla enemies, no aiming cross hairs for ranged attacks and no ‘slow time’ effects.  For me surviving Skyrim whilst questing is the name of the game.:D

48 minutes ago, Adella said:

Oooooh just look!  All those books covered in green goop…..Have you let afflicted in?

Ha Ha,  Ok Guys.  Thanks for all the fun.  I will be taking my ( adopted ) books and leaving now. :D You can find me over at one of my threads.  Keep having fun!!

On 6/4/2021 at 8:05 PM, Sah said:

sounds like a good idea

Hey Sah,  I have another Mod that would make a great showcase video.  It is brand new and there is nothing else like it.  You can craft a custom pickax made from the the usual smithing materials and see it being used at the ore vein.  Believe it or not this has not been done before that I can find. It is supposed to be released in the next day or so.

I am going to try and say this nicely. It is totally bizarre for other members here to be claiming some kind of control over the Mods Sah does showcases for. I am not recommending you do any showcases and do not remotely, and I do mean remotely, care what you think about it. It was funny the first time but ah you know the thing. Thanks

35 minutes ago, Dragonblood said:

Hey Sah,  I have another Mod that would make a great showcase video.  It is brand new and there is nothing else like it.  You can craft a custom pickax made from the the usual smithing materials and see it being used at the ore vein.  Believe it or not this has not been done before that I can find. It is supposed to be released in the next day or so.

I am going to try and say this nicely. It is totally bizarre for other members here to be claiming some kind of control over the Mods Sah does showcases for. I am not recommending you do any showcases and do not remotely, and I do mean remotely, care what you think about it. It was funny the first time but ah you know the thing. Thanks

thanks for all that

I have never done a show case by a request from a mod author, I don't think any one has ever thought to ask like all the combat mods, I have done some mod reviews but that was because I wanted to (usual the mod author would get a email with the video as a surprise) I know you can become real popular doing reviews, but that's a bigger arena to compete in

the author of the pit arena mods put me on there mod page

my best ever review was my first ... not even combat related with 177.225 views

but if anyone wants a video no problems ... if I can will be glad to help out

On 6/4/2021 at 12:08 AM, Uncus said:

That about the followers was aimed at death of souls they have just arrived here and I was offering them help with getting settled in, sorry for the miss understanding

I've actually been around a while but I just made an account here a year ago (been on other IPS 4 sites for a while, though. :)

I never did make the transition to Beth.net. Found the first interface based on Jive too confusing and never did go back after they switched to NodeBB, which does look much better but I haven't tried it to know for sure.

13 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

Ha Ha,  Ok Guys.  Thanks for all the fun.  I will be taking my ( adopted ) books and leaving now. :D You can find me over at one of my threads.  Keep having fun!!

I think ikonomov missed that it was unread books that glow and not all books. If it was all books then it would be a bit un nessercery, but un read books glowing helps if you are looking for a book you have not read yet.

On 6/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, Adella said:

Hello everybody:wave:

Well as you can see....I am not dead.  Well, not yet anyway.

First let me allay any fears of me pulling the same death or glory stunt here.  Obviously, had the forum been continuing, I would have been more prudent, but Bethnet is dying in the most heart rending (and boring) way possible and a final middle finger to their hateful mods (not you Pseron :wub:) seemed like a good way to sign off decisively.

Infa Red and I engaged in a political discussion...but not an argument, our views were broadly aligned.  Now I must set the record straight ...We were both perma banned for ‘hate speech’ but at no time did we direct any hate at a person or group.  However, it is no secret that the political alignment of todays big corpos, big tech and sensitive ‘offended at everything’ types will not permit any free expression which is not in accord with their view.....and we did this in barrow loads.

The clincher was, I suspect Infa bringing up a couple of dreadful, historical evil men’s names...Which are not permitted even to be uttered (No Art, not ‘He who shall not be named’ in modding circles:ninja:). 

Now, I had joined Bethesda forums in various forms since about 2007...and NEVER had a warning....I am no trolling trouble maker, but I sometimes speak my mind within the limits of the allowable and I know how to defend myself eloquently without profanity...Which in Bethnet’s early days was a requirement for survival in the toxic soup  of the day.

I have no regret. I am glad I finally said something that mattered.  
I DO despise people who report things because they think they have some moral entitlement to police everybody else...and that person shall descend to hell with tumours, but I love all my friends:hug: and will continue to be a good upstanding member of upstanding members. ....That could have come out better:facepalm:

Adella:wub:

I can't believe they banned you. I have a warning that expires in the year 29397. I was often bad and left some hearty rants,snarky posts and comments about the creation club and bethesdas broken updates over the years. Although the thing for what i got that ridiculous long warning was something i didn't do. And you got banned? :facepalm:Maybe it's time to get my perma-ban and make a protest post about your banning and defend justice. :cop:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 1:57 PM, Uncus said:

Did you no watch the TV series “The big bang theory” , fun with flags was the name of Sheldons live streem with Amy.

Adella and Sah doing a reviw of book glow in the dark would be like this its not realy their thing. Not that there is anything wrong with the mod it just needs a more appropriat reviewer, preferable some one conected with magic.

Together with HYMIM my favourite comedy show. Followed by Two Broke Girls.

Third rock from the sun was another gem

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Uncus said:

I had to bing it because the english title said me nothing. "Hinterm Mond gleich links" was the german title. Not so popular on tv here but i remember that it was fun to watch.

32 minutes ago, Uncus said:

I did watch it some but it never stuck for me, but it was funny. My mom and I were talking the other day about what happened to the sitcoms that were just silly/funny. Big Bang was about the only modern show I had been watching and when that was done I hardly watch tv at all except for what I watch on the pc through the interwebs.