Bethesda net refugees

Uncus

Yep I thought along similar lines and said so not sure if it was here or on aunty Beth. Psion has also unfavourably on the subject and reinstated the afected people if I have understood it right. 

on another matter I keep missing your live feeds due to my crappy shift roster, never mind I will still drop in when I can. Luckily Ive been offered an early retirement plan so I’ll be all yours mast of the time from June 30.

1 minute ago, Uncus said:

Yep I thought along similar lines and said so not sure if it was here or on aunty Beth. Psion has also unfavourably on the subject and reinstated the afected people if I have understood it right. 

on another matter I keep missing your live feeds due to my crappy shift roster, never mind I will still drop in when I can. Luckily Ive been offered an early retirement plan so I’ll be all yours mast of the time from June 30.

will be live in 30min an again at 7 am tomorrow

Mate that you think about me is all that matters, that you take the time and stop by and says hello make me feel ... uhm sort of special

there will be lots of live streams ... still have to finish this 2x enemies

I fixed the build the way I want to to be able to take on Legendary & 2x Enemy's (fully legal vanilla crafting system crafting)

TODAY/TOMORROW

Dragon Rising an the entire main quest line

Unfortunately I have day shifts today but I drop by to say hellow

21 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

Honestly, I don't really understand the two bans, myself.  What's the point of banning anybody at this late date?  It's a completely pointless gesture as far as I'm concerned.  A lot of our Global Moderators are new, and, what's more, many of them are not familiar with the community or are even familiar with Bethesda's games. They were hired, I suspect, for their experience moderating other sites, some of which may not even be related to gaming at all.  The moderating staff has changed considerably over the last year or two.  And not for the better, in my opinion. 

Never having flaged anything in my life how does that work does the one flaging have to give some kind of explanation or is action taken without knowing why. If that is so it gives cart blance to any troll wanting to sow mayhem through a peaceful  forum.

• Thanks 1

Hello everybody:wave:

Well as you can see....I am not dead.  Well, not yet anyway.

First let me allay any fears of me pulling the same death or glory stunt here.  Obviously, had the forum been continuing, I would have been more prudent, but Bethnet is dying in the most heart rending (and boring) way possible and a final middle finger to their hateful mods (not you Pseron :wub:) seemed like a good way to sign off decisively.

Infa Red and I engaged in a political discussion...but not an argument, our views were broadly aligned.  Now I must set the record straight ...We were both perma banned for ‘hate speech’ but at no time did we direct any hate at a person or group.  However, it is no secret that the political alignment of todays big corpos, big tech and sensitive ‘offended at everything’ types will not permit any free expression which is not in accord with their view.....and we did this in barrow loads.

The clincher was, I suspect Infa bringing up a couple of dreadful, historical evil men’s names...Which are not permitted even to be uttered (No Art, not ‘He who shall not be named’ in modding circles:ninja:). 

Now, I had joined Bethesda forums in various forms since about 2007...and NEVER had a warning....I am no trolling trouble maker, but I sometimes speak my mind within the limits of the allowable and I know how to defend myself eloquently without profanity...Which in Bethnet’s early days was a requirement for survival in the toxic soup  of the day.

I have no regret. I am glad I finally said something that mattered.  
I DO despise people who report things because they think they have some moral entitlement to police everybody else...and that person shall descend to hell with tumours, but I love all my friends:hug: and will continue to be a good upstanding member of upstanding members. ....That could have come out better:facepalm:

Adella:wub:

I may not agree with your views but will fight to the death for your right to express them. Also extreemist of all view points is bad for every one, yet discussion is a way to understand anothers view point, and thats as political as I’m going to get.

32 minutes ago, Uncus said:

Never having flaged anything in my life how does that work does the one flaging have to give some kind of explanation or is action taken without knowing why. If that is so it gives cart blance to any troll wanting to sow mayhem through a peaceful  forum.

I did flag someone once iirc for being personally rude and I think there was a box for a brief reason...like flaming, baiting, troll etc.  I actually caught a certain lady who is not on this planet (read twixt the lines) raising a convo to mod attention in forum, for flaming...a convo she was not even part of!  The mods deleted the flame post and the evidence of her raising it....but I took a screen shot of her informant post ha!  Point being, she probably made it her business to go around informing on lots of posts.....ironically she was both rude and dismissive to others and I told her so in forum...until that post vanished too.  But you will always get people like that, everywhere you go hmmm!

(edited fir soelling)

4 minutes ago, Adella said:

I did flag someone once iirc for being personally rude and I think there was a box for a brief reason...like flaming, baiting, troll etc.  I actually caught a certain lady who is not on this planet (read twixt the lines) raising a convo to mod attention in forum, for flaming...a convo she was not even part of!  The mods deleted the flame post and the evidence of her raising it....but I took a screen shot of her informant post ha!  Point being, she probably made it her business to go around informing on lots of posts.....ironically she was both rude and dismissive to others and I told her so in forum...until that post vanished too.  But you will always get people like that, everywhere you go hmmm!

(edited fir soelling)

Ok so they have to give a reason, this is a question for a moderator, is there any sort of review proccess to see if the flag is legit or just an attempt to put some one in a bad light.

7 minutes ago, Uncus said:

I may not agree with your views but will fight to the death for your right to express them. Also extreemist of all view points is bad for every one, yet discussion is a way to understand anothers view point, and thats as political as I’m going to get.

Sorry Uncus, but fighting for the right to express views IS too political (sic)....I just got banned for it sweetie!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Adella said:

Sorry Uncus, but fighting for the right to express views IS too political (sic)....I just got banned for it sweetie!!!!!

remember the little big horn

6 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Hey Pseron, Is that the Pat O'Brien from Angels or someone else?

Yes, I think that's it.  I was drawing from an ancient childhood memory of watching movies on Saturday afternoons for that reference.  I think I may have gone a bit overboard in comparing moderators to beat cops and Robocops, lol.

1 hour ago, Adella said:

Hello everybody:wave:

Well as you can see....I am not dead.  Well, not yet anyway.

First let me allay any fears of me pulling the same death or glory stunt here.  Obviously, had the forum been continuing, I would have been more prudent, but Bethnet is dying in the most heart rending (and boring) way possible and a final middle finger to their hateful mods (not you Pseron :wub:) seemed like a good way to sign off decisively.

Infa Red and I engaged in a political discussion...but not an argument, our views were broadly aligned.  Now I must set the record straight ...We were both perma banned for ‘hate speech’ but at no time did we direct any hate at a person or group.  However, it is no secret that the political alignment of todays big corpos, big tech and sensitive ‘offended at everything’ types will not permit any free expression which is not in accord with their view.....and we did this in barrow loads.

The clincher was, I suspect Infa bringing up a couple of dreadful, historical evil men’s names...Which are not permitted even to be uttered (No Art, not ‘He who shall not be named’ in modding circles:ninja:). 

Now, I had joined Bethesda forums in various forms since about 2007...and NEVER had a warning....I am no trolling trouble maker, but I sometimes speak my mind within the limits of the allowable and I know how to defend myself eloquently without profanity...Which in Bethnet’s early days was a requirement for survival in the toxic soup  of the day.

I have no regret. I am glad I finally said something that mattered.  
I DO despise people who report things because they think they have some moral entitlement to police everybody else...and that person shall descend to hell with tumours, but I love all my friends:hug: and will continue to be a good upstanding member of upstanding members. ....That could have come out better:facepalm:

Adella:wub:

Glad to see you again.  I got caught up a little in that discussion, but didn't mention Mr. No-No.  What kills me is one of the game forums is for Wolfenstein and the word Nazi is banned.  Now how on earth do you talk about the MQ in that game without the word Nazi?  So totally FUBAR.

In my warning (which lasts until October of 2048) it did quote the three posts that got me in trouble.  I mentioned the book 1984.  I stated that society runs like a pendulum and that either extreme side is bad.  And I said that Black on Black murder is a bad thing.  Those three things got me a warning.  I WILL ADMIT, it was political talk, which is forbidden, so it is my bad, but there it is.

But enough politics.  So glad to see familiar faces here and I hope we can continue to respect each other ... even if you are wrong.  :P

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

this is a question for a moderator, is there any sort of review proccess to see if the flag is legit or just an attempt to put some one in a bad light.

A user can file a ticket if they believe a moderator has made a mistake.  Another avenue used to be PM'ing the moderator directly, before they removed that feature. And I know some folks have appealed directly to GStaff, Cartogriffi and other Admins to look into the matter. 

I can only speak for myself here. I have overturned decisions I've made after being contacted directly by users.  If they could present a good case for why I was wrong, I was more than willing to undo or modify my moderation.  The moderation staff gets more than 50 flags per day and they can pile up if none of us has logged on for a few hours. It's possible to get swamped with new flags coming in even as we try to deal with existing flags.  And in our haste to get through all these flags quickly we sometimes make poor decisions.

We have a few members who seem to make a career out of flagging posts and threads. There's one guy over in the Fallout 76 forums who sends in at least 20 flags a day.  I can actually tell when this guy logs on in the morning because his flags start pouring in, one after the other, in quick succession.  We learn to recognize these people and I think most of us scrutinize flags by these people extra carefully.  

25 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

A user can file a ticket if they believe a moderator has made a mistake.  Another avenue used to be PM'ing the moderator directly, before they removed that feature. And I know some folks have appealed directly to GStaff, Cartogriffi and other Admins to look into the matter. 

I can only speak for myself here. I have overturned decisions I've made after being contacted directly by users.  If they could present a good case for why I was wrong, I was more than willing to undo or modify my moderation.  The moderation staff gets more than 50 flags per day and they can pile up if none of us has logged on for a few hours. It's possible to get swamped with new flags coming in even as we try to deal with existing flags.  And in our haste to get through all these flags quickly we sometimes make poor decisions.

We have a few members who seem to make a career out of flagging posts and threads. There's one guy over in the Fallout 76 forums who sends in at least 20 flags a day.  I can actually tell when this guy logs on in the morning because his flags start pouring in, one after the other, in quick succession.  We learn to recognize these people and I think most of us scrutinize flags by these people extra carefully.  

To be honest I would expect people like that should also be banned as trolls if the majority of there flags are for want of a better phrase time wasters taking up time that could be beter used covering real abuse and bullying

33 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Glad to see you again.  I got caught up a little in that discussion, but didn't mention Mr. No-No.  What kills me is one of the game forums is for Wolfenstein and the word Nazi is banned.  Now how on earth do you talk about the MQ in that game without the word Nazi?  So totally FUBAR.

In my warning (which lasts until October of 2048) it did quote the three posts that got me in trouble.  I mentioned the book 1984.  I stated that society runs like a pendulum and that either extreme side is bad.  And I said that Black on Black murder is a bad thing.  Those three things got me a warning.  I WILL ADMIT, it was political talk, which is forbidden, so it is my bad, but there it is.

But enough politics.  So glad to see familiar faces here and I hope we can continue to respect each other ... even if you are wrong.  :P

Thank you poppet, glad to see you too :hug:.  Without raising anything...I did not recall your opinion being significantly at odds with mine and I did agree with your pendulum assertion.  To be warned for the mere mention of George Orwell’s 1984 is incredible, petty and disturbing....but ok, it was not Skyrim, so......

As for Wolfenstein....how can that entire game not be considered offensive and in bad taste by Bethesda’s own rule book....Hypocrites 

Oh, so now you want respect as well?  Will these lists of demands never end? (Galmar: Season unending).  Of course I respect you sweetie....just take the knee and touch your nose to my ring:D.

No no no!  Not take my ring and touch my knee:rolleyes:

A.

13 hours ago, Uncus said:

Amen brother!:clap::highfive::blackhand:

On 6/1/2021 at 1:08 PM, tgl1992 said:

I don't know how this news went over me head but I found out yesterday about the "forums", which IMO was just a shadow of it's former self. Man, I still miss the old forums like many others do. I also agree with Pseron (Hi btw, it's been a minute! And hi everyone else old and new! :beer:), A lot of moderators I have never seen before were a tad too "by the book bob" as I would call it, for lack of a better term. And them being "hired" makes a lot of sense since I rarely saw anyone from the old mod team of the old forums around anymore rarely, if at all. I hope they are doing well!  As for the forums...well, good riddance, I guess. I still remember the doom and gloom we all had when we switched forums, which wasn't the ones closing now at first but some weird ass, Jive powered, legit-hurt-my-eyes-because-no-dark-mode forum that didn't allow avatars and/or were insanely small you couldn't see the image. What the heck was that all about? :rofl: Luckily that only lasted a short time until we got what is closing now.

I got used to it a little and tried to be active but it just didn't feel the same anymore so I just stayed away from it. Honestly, my only concern is about mods through Bethesda.net. Since only the comments are affected, should the mods themselves be ok? I use a mix of Nexus and bethesda.net mods on Skyrim SE and Fallout 4, most notably the unofficial patches. Should those be ok? 

Anyway, sorry to ramble on but just wanted to get that off my chest. Cheers!

Howdy! Fancy seeing you here! :)

24 minutes ago, deaths_soul said:

Howdy! Fancy seeing you here! :)

Good to see you too, as you may have seen I have a new name here. I’ll send you a friend link so we can PM if the acation arises. Good to have that button back.

I am now following you, you should see my avatar on your profile page. Click on that and you will go to my page and you can follow me. Makes it easier to communicate by using the message button.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Uncus said:

I am now following you, you should see my avatar on your profile page. Click on that and you will go to my page and you can follow me. Makes it easier to communicate by using the message button.

Been following you since I first showed up brother!  Pretty sure you were the first:highfive:

That about the followers was aimed at death of souls they have just arrived here and I was offering them help with getting settled in, sorry for the miss understanding

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

That about the followers was aimed at death of souls they have just arrived here and I was offering them help with getting settled in, sorry for the miss understanding

:sparta:This is Sparta!  [Boot!]  :stare:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

All good brother.  Talking follows in two conversations.:poke:

ohhh this Bethesda sunset is having a real negative affect :facepalm:

because of all the negative attention from the Bethesda closing down its web site

the name Sah has plummeted in popularity from #7 right down to #831 on the list of most common girl baby names :cry:

MISSION LOG

Twas the night before the next day, when all thro’ the house, Not a moderator was stirring, not even a mouse;

Detective Sah, Nick Valentine and Strong have infiltrated AFK whilst everyone is unofficially sleeping and are installing a button

Detective Sah: Nick are you almost done?

Nick Valentine: yea download complete just have to press ENTER and we done

Detective Sah: you think anyone will notice its not the same Personal Chat Button?

Strong: yea blah blah blah ... portable wrist chat buttons are better!

Detective Sah: uhmm that's not a portable chat button ... its a ...

Strong: Ohhh yea ... Strong show you little human ...

CLICK!

BEEP BEEP BEEP

BOOM!

@Sah  @Adella    Have you guys thought about possibly doing some Mod Showcases or Reviews?  They could be a good way to force YouT%$# into showing your videos.   I just happen to have one. :D How about a comparison of Unread Books Glow Super and the Original?  Should bring some traffic.  There are 750,000 people on steam still subscribed to it.  Allot of other mods here would make great showcase videos too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2