Bethesda net refugees

Uncus

Good choice of music as it brings back some old memories from the mid 80's when that hit song was played almost every fucking day.  Which I was a little irritated about back then.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

Greetings friends :)

As many of you know already, I have a friend who wishes to remain anonymous who is gifting me a gently used mid-range gaming PC that is light years beyond my now ancient laptop.  Well...  It has shipped!  I should have it by Wednesday the 26th of May!  Phat is so happy! :)

Adventure on, Phat:highfive:  Hard to put just how happy I am into words.... So, how about a song instead!:clap:

It ain't summer till you hear Katrina on the radio.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

Greetings friends :)

As many of you know already, I have a friend who wishes to remain anonymous who is gifting me a gently used mid-range gaming PC that is light years beyond my now ancient laptop.  Well...  It has shipped!  I should have it by Wednesday the 26th of May!  Phat is so happy! :)

Adventure on, Phat:highfive:  Hard to put just how happy I am into words.... So, how about a song instead!:clap:

Do you know the specs of what you are getting?

• Like 1

Congratulation, Phat!  My own computer hasn't been upgraded since 2014.  I originally built it in 2006 (to play Oblivion on). I still use some of those original components (such as my treasured Dell 30" monitor).  As weak as my rig is by today's standards it runs Skyrim with mods very well (but I imagine I'll have to do another upgrade when Starfield comes out).

I hope you have as much fun with your gently used computer as I have had with my ungently abused computer!  :beer:

That's nice its good to have mates that help you out, hope you enjoy your new toy

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Uncus said:

It ain't summer till you hear Katrina on the radio.

In Phoenix we only have two seasons, summer's coming and summer's here!  So, it's ALWAYS a great time for Katrina here :) 

20 minutes ago, Handy6373 said:

Do you know the specs of what you are getting?

Why yes, yes I do :)

Total specs 
Cooler master storm mid tower case
Asus Rampage II Gene mother board
12 GB (6x 2GB) DDR 2 
Intel i7 930 overclocked to 3.4 GHz (2.8 stock)
2 x 500 GB sea gate barracuda HDD
1 x 480 GB patriot SSD
Silver stone 750 watt PSU with 60amp 12v single rail
Asus DVD burner/ drive
Asus 1060 OC 6GB graphics
Water cooler single 120 radiator on processor

As you can see, it's an older model.  It's been well loved and often used yet well maintained.  I could show you some pretty amazing videos it has made right now.  But, that would give away the ID of my anonymous friend.  So, I'll get some game videos up, once it's all running here, to my yt channel.

I've dubbed her "The Millennium Falcon" because, 

"She's fast enough for you old man."

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Good choice of music as it brings back some old memories from the mid 80's when that hit song was played almost every fucking day.  Which I was a little irritated about back then.

Right you are friend.  I actually had to change the station after a while so I didn't get burned out on this upbeat and rather happy number.  As a result, I can still listen to it with fresh ears today.  It's one of my favorite happy songs :)

Adventure on my friend, Phat:highfive:

Hiya!

This place seems fairly easy for the eyes.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:37 AM, Uncus said:

War hammer is just not my thing, I've been hoping for Empire II for years. I love going over the hills and far away and painting the map pink, guesse where I come from

Parthia!

parthiaWhoWoreItBetter.jpg.47bb9a3ca2b3baef6adc90a31148f8c6.jpg

I guess that's actually more purple though...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Archmark said:

Hiya!

This place seems fairly easy for the eyes.

Parthia!

parthiaWhoWoreItBetter.jpg.47bb9a3ca2b3baef6adc90a31148f8c6.jpg

I guess that's actually more purple though...

Welcome Archmark!

22 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Why yes, yes I do :)

Total specs 
Cooler master storm mid tower case
Asus Rampage II Gene mother board
12 GB (6x 2GB) DDR 2 
Intel i7 930 overclocked to 3.4 GHz (2.8 stock)
2 x 500 GB sea gate barracuda HDD
1 x 480 GB patriot SSD
Silver stone 750 watt PSU with 60amp 12v single rail
Asus DVD burner/ drive
Asus 1060 OC 6GB graphics
Water cooler single 120 radiator on processor

As you can see, it's an older model.  It's been well loved and often used yet well maintained.  I could show you some pretty amazing videos it has made right now.  But, that would give away the ID of my anonymous friend.  So, I'll get some game videos up, once it's all running here, to my yt channel.

I've dubbed her "The Millennium Falcon" because, 

"She's fast enough for you old man."

Forgot to mention... the i7 CPU is liquid cooled :highfive:

Cool I have water cooling as well it works great, my CPU get's a good belting quite often but never over heated yet.

FYI, all my mods (9 in total) on Bethesda.net are now gone, deleted, even those mods I had permission (I converted one mod from SLE to SSE) to upload there is also deleted.

Everything is gone.

I also want to comment some posts over at Bethesda.net here and apparently I didn't had permission to post in a thread I posted the other day in the Bethesda.net Feedback forum.

https://bethesda.net/community/post/3263003

@DragonbloodI already have started a thread for the most mods I created here on AFK Mods.

Hello everyone,

Finally arrived from Bethesda, tough trip and no fast travel either, some of you may know me, most not I suspect. I tend to keep my cards close to my chest but that doesn't stop me from regularly reading other posts! Guess you could call it nosy. I am from UK and regard myself as European and proud of it. I am also an old git who despite previously working in IT before retirement dislikes tech hahaha thats why i couldn't upload my favourite pic. I also use a knackered out keyboard which sticks on the R and U great eh. Take care all!

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, Rotzi said:

Thank you. I wonder if it is ok to create a screenshot thread here or better in the Skyrim section. I know there are galleries but i always liked that anyone could post pictures in one thread.

I dont see why not, but maybe you could ask Art or one of te other staffers. But having said that I’ve opened two dedicated threads for my “ Saga of Uncus” stories and not had any problems with them.

well must admit the handle is not familiar but welcome all the same. At least you didn’t get ambushed by bandits on the way.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:53 PM, Leonardo said:

I already have started a thread for the most mods I created here on AFK Mods.

I am sorry to see you have removed your mods from Bethesda. You put allot of work into them. I certainly understand your frustrations with the situation. 

On 5/25/2021 at 9:53 PM, Leonardo said:

I didn't had permission to post in a thread I posted the other day

The Bethesda feedback topics are no longer functioning.

On 5/25/2021 at 7:42 PM, phatbassanchor said:

Forgot to mention... the i7 CPU is liquid cooled :highfive:

Any update on you pc? Did you get it up and "running"? Do you think you'll put FO4 on it or are you going to stick with Skyrim yet?

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 8:34 PM, Dragonblood said:

I am sorry to see you have removed your mods from Bethesda. You put allot of work into them. I certainly understand your frustrations with the situation. 

The Bethesda feedback topics are no longer functioning.

No offense, but do you?  When I read the post in the MA forum on Nexus I was fed up with Bethesda up to here and their decision to shut down the forum was the last drop into my glas, which become flooded if you know what I mean.  Why you may ask and this is the reason why.

I lost count of how many times I posted about it on Bethesda.net without getting a response from Bethesda and still I get those damn e-mail notifications about changing password when I haven't been active for months or even a whole year.  Although, I had to admit that there were period of times when everything seems to be working as it should.  Until next time it happen that is.

I see, just what I figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

No offense, but do you? 

Yes, I did remove my mods awhile ago. I feel there needs to be more done in regards to Modders being compensated for their work. The modding community was past the "hobby" stage over a decade ago. But I do sometimes regret doing it. As a matter of fact, I screwed up and deleted some of them. If I had not taken them down, I would still have them. I also know other people who got upset with Bethesda, removed their mods and kind of regretted doing it. That is the reason I try to advise the person to slow down and really think about whether or not they want to throw away the work they have done.  The bottom line is, they are your mods and if you do not enjoy them being on Bethesda then you have every right to take them down.

8 hours ago, Handy6373 said:

Any update on you pc? Did you get it up and "running"? Do you think you'll put FO4 on it or are you going to stick with Skyrim yet?

Eventually, I'll have all my games installed.  But, will be starting with SSE.

A problem with an authority figure.  Multiple complaints to the authority figure.  Ignored by the authority figure.  Multiple public complaints about the authority figure.  Ignored by the public.  Resentment for being ignored.  Anger towards the authority figure for perceived personal injury.  Disproportional response to "perceived personal injury".  Lack of empathy for those affected by "disproportional response".  Exaggerated sense of self importance.

Does any of that sound familiar?  Those are the characteristics of America's mass shooters. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Old Salty Croc said:

A problem with an authority figure.  Multiple complaints to the authority figure.  Ignored by the authority figure.  Multiple public complaints about the authority figure.  Ignored by the public.  Resentment for being ignored.  Anger towards the authority figure for perceived personal injury.  Disproportional response to "perceived personal injury".  Lack of empathy for those affected by "disproportional response".  Exaggerated sense of self importance.

Does any of that sound familiar?  Those are the characteristics of America's mass shooters. 

?

16 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

Yes, I did remove my mods awhile ago. I feel there needs to be more done in regards to Modders being compensated for their work. The modding community was past the "hobby" stage over a decade ago. But I do sometimes regret doing it. As a matter of fact, I screwed up and deleted some of them. If I had not taken them down, I would still have them. I also know other people who got upset with Bethesda, removed their mods and kind of regretted doing it. That is the reason I try to advise the person to slow down and really think about whether or not they want to throw away the work they have done.  The bottom line is, they are your mods and if you do not enjoy them being on Bethesda then you have every right to take them down.

I didn't know you actually did the same thing I as did.

As for me regretting what I did, no I've no regrets.  Except for the console players as I wanted they to be able to use a simple mod that made gameplay more intresting.

9 hours ago, Old Salty Croc said:

Given that statement, I fear for public safety.  You've just described much of what I hear in public discourse these days...  Hmmm.