Bethesda net refugees

Uncus

17 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I think you're right.

Where is this location, I mean where in the wilderness?  Is it fairly close to a city or a town/village?

Good question. My char was on her way back to Dawnstar. I had to go back to take a look. It was here, between Silverdrift Lair and Weynon Stones.1150261489_Skyrim2021-05-2309-59-41_LI.jpg.05d0a805ae371ce8d89f9e34983b1b99.jpg

18 minutes ago, Rotzi said:

Some shots i took today. Was more busy with troubleshooting some crashings i had.

543525755_Skyrim2021-05-2310-03-24.png.413a1537e44db1c5f2304a240cc20d68.png787721197_Skyrim2021-05-2310-04-54.png.bf4290a8edbe5f8991a6493b04e3ddaf.png

Ya the Rotzi is in the house good shots as usual.

17 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Ah, I know where it is and as I suspected it is fairly close to the Nightgate Inn location.

https://www.gamebanshee.com/skyrim/mapofskyrim.php#null

But if you use the Helarchen Creek mod then you might need to use another location since it could be too close a town/village.

Ah, sorry. I think my first ever post here was a little misleading. The refugee line was a reference to me, migrating from bethesda.net. No relation with the picture or location.

Apologies in advance for any misunderstandings. English is not my native language.

7 minutes ago, Uncus said:

Ya the Rotzi is in the house good shots as usual.

Thank you. I wonder if it is ok to create a screenshot thread here or better in the Skyrim section. I know there are galleries but i always liked that anyone could post pictures in one thread.

16 minutes ago, Rotzi said:

Thank you. I wonder if it is ok to create a screenshot thread here or better in the Skyrim section. I know there are galleries but i always liked that anyone could post pictures in one thread.

I dont see why not, but maybe you could ask Art or one of te other staffers. But having said that I’ve opened two dedicated threads for my “ Saga of Uncus” stories and not had any problems with them.

24 minutes ago, Rotzi said:

Hey Rotzi, If it is a screen shot thread for all games then it could be posted here.  If it was just for Skyrim then a Moderator would most likely move it to that section.  Are you on PC or Xbox?  

5 minutes ago, Dragonblood said:

Hey Rotzi, If it is a screen shot thread for all games then it could be posted here.  If it was just for Skyrim then a Moderator would most likely move it to that section.  Are you on PC or Xbox?  

In this case it would be for Skyrim pictures but then i would open it in the Skyrim section of course.

I'm on xbone.

7 minutes ago, Rotzi said:

In this case it would be for Skyrim pictures but then i would open it in the Skyrim section of course.

Considering how popular it was on Beth it would seem AFK could use one.

7 minutes ago, Rotzi said:

I'm on xbone.

I was considering starting an Xbox patch Mod ( it would require the participation of other people ).  What you would do is get a list of popular mods and create a patch for them. That way it could be as stable on Xbox as PC. You would also be able to keep some features you might loose without patching.

Mod 1
Mod 2
Mod 3
Mod 4
Mod 5
Mod 6
Mod 7
Mod 8
Mod 9
Mod 10

Patch Mod

12 minutes ago, Dragonblood said:

I was considering starting an Xbox patch Mod ( it would require the participation of other people )

Reads interesting.

But participating would be rather difficult for me. (If you mean to do testing)

I am 12 hours away from home on regular workdays. I have 6 day workweeks from time to time. That means my playtime is limited to a few hours in the morning on sunday or saturday evening. And like on bethesda.net my forum times are also limited to weekends usually. (Sometimes on mondays for a little while) That's why questions directed at me on sunday (or monday) can take a whole week before i can answer them. But if i read more about it here i will see if i can be of any help. It is just that my time is very limited.

40 minutes ago, Rotzi said:

But participating would be rather difficult for me. (If you mean to do testing)

At this time I am only looking for feedback.

7 hours ago, Saint_of_Cannibalism said:

'Lo all. Been lurking and probably won't post for a bit. Death of the forums has me feeling pretty mopey. This seems to be good place though.

Hey man great seeing you over here.  Welcome! :)

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2021 at 5:24 PM, Talyn82 said:

The premise so far is at around level 5 you will be attacked by an easy to kill DB assassin.  This assassin is carrying two contracts one is for you and one is for Commander Maro's son.  You go to Dragonsbridge and show him the letter.  He will then task you with destroying the Dark Brotherhood.  Astrid will be in the sanctuary she will be the last encounter and thus the toughest.  Not too hard but not too easy.  I got most of the idea from you.  When I first read it I was like yeah I can do that.

So what about the boy in Windhelm?  Does that quest just end if you hadn't started it yet?  If you had started it but hadn't murdered granny yet?  If you murdered granny but hadn't hadn't got the 'We Know' letter.  If you got the letter but hadn't slept yet?  The more I think about it the more flags need to be hunted down and changed.  Now I see why modding isn't as easy as I thought.

But getting a hit at level five should work great, and having the other letter to point you to the commander is a lot better than the vanilla game that just suddenly gives you the urge to go find him (someone you've never met and would have no reason to think he's have anything to do with the DB).

5 hours ago, Rotzi said:

Ah, sorry. I think my first ever post here was a little misleading. The refugee line was a reference to me, migrating from bethesda.net. No relation with the picture or location.

Apologies in advance for any misunderstandings. English is not my native language.

No worries.  That's okay with me. :)

5 hours ago, Rotzi said:

I wonder if it is ok to create a screenshot thread here or better in the Skyrim section.

I see no reason not doing that, unless there is already a thread for that purpose.

If you want to post pictures from your gameplay or whatever you're doing for Skyrim then the Skyrim - General Discussion is the right place.

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/forum/370-general-discussion/ (SLE)

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/forum/367-general-discussion/ (SSE)

36 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

So what about the boy in Windhelm?  Does that quest just end if you hadn't started it yet?  If you had started it but hadn't murdered granny yet?  If you murdered granny but hadn't hadn't got the 'We Know' letter.  If you got the letter but hadn't slept yet?  The more I think about it the more flags need to be hunted down and changed.  Now I see why modding isn't as easy as I thought.

But getting a hit at level five should work great, and having the other letter to point you to the commander is a lot better than the vanilla game that just suddenly gives you the urge to go find him (someone you've never met and would have no reason to think he's have anything to do with the DB).

Hey LeBurns, hope you are doing well.:)  As for your questions.  Some things have changed since I posted that.  You don't have to go see the little boy in Windhelm.  You don't have to kill the granny either.  Once you start a new game play as normal do side quests, join a faction, do some of the main quest.  When you become more well known in Skyrim the Dark Brotherhood will send you an assassin.  Once you kill the assassin the quest 'Destroy the Dark brotherhood' begins.  You will be told in the quest log to go notify a guard that you have been attacked.  This can be any guard.  Once you tell the guard they will be shocked and direct you to Commander Maro in Dragon Bridge. 

There is no level requirement as to when you get attacked.  I was going to beef up Astrid, but let's say the quest for you starts at level one which it could but it won't, facing a beefed up Astrid will be unbalanced.  So she will be the level she normally is.  But if you think it's a good idea to get attacked at level 5 I can do that, that's easy.  In fact that might make things easier.  I'll try that.  Maybe I'll lower the level to 2 or 3.

14 hours ago, Saint_of_Cannibalism said:

'Lo all. Been lurking and probably won't post for a bit. Death of the forums has me feeling pretty mopey. This seems to be good place though.

Welcome friend Saint!:clap: I can relate to the forum melancholy.  But, no worries.  You are once again among dear friends here.  It may take a while to get acclimated.  But, you are indeed welcome my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I see no reason not doing that, unless there is already a thread for that purpose.

If you want to post pictures from your gameplay or whatever you're doing for Skyrim then the Skyrim - General Discussion is the right place.

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/forum/370-general-discussion/ (SLE)

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/forum/367-general-discussion/ (SSE)

Wouldn't that be what the Gallery is for?  All images, one place?

15 minutes ago, Old Salty Croc said:

Wouldn't that be what the Gallery is for?  All images, one place?

Sure, members can use the gallery, but guests wouldn't be able to view pictures in a gallery due to permission and I don't think Arthmoor wants to change the current permissions.

A thread is a better option as both members and guests can view posted pictures.

50 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Sure, members can use the gallery, but guests wouldn't be able to view pictures in a gallery due to permission and I don't think Arthmoor wants to change the current permissions.

A thread is a better option as both members and guests can view posted pictures.

From what I see, the person asking and the people "liking" are all identified as "Members". 

20 hours ago, Dragonblood said:

At this time I am only looking for feedback.

Ah, okay.

18 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

Hey LeBurns, hope you are doing well.:)  As for your questions.  Some things have changed since I posted that.  You don't have to go see the little boy in Windhelm.  You don't have to kill the granny either.  Once you start a new game play as normal do side quests, join a faction, do some of the main quest.  When you become more well known in Skyrim the Dark Brotherhood will send you an assassin.  Once you kill the assassin the quest 'Destroy the Dark brotherhood' begins.  You will be told in the quest log to go notify a guard that you have been attacked.  This can be any guard.  Once you tell the guard they will be shocked and direct you to Commander Maro in Dragon Bridge. 

There is no level requirement as to when you get attacked.  I was going to beef up Astrid, but let's say the quest for you starts at level one which it could but it won't, facing a beefed up Astrid will be unbalanced.  So she will be the level she normally is.  But if you think it's a good idea to get attacked at level 5 I can do that, that's easy.  In fact that might make things easier.  I'll try that.  Maybe I'll lower the level to 2 or 3.

Well I'm trying to think of what level I generally am if I decide to kill Astrid in the cabin.  I don't think I could pull it off at level 5, so a higher level would make more sense.  Level 10 maybe.

I assume the little girl vamp will be gone when you attack the base as she is in the vanilla game.  No sense for it, other than BGS not wanting children killed ... even if those kids are hundred year old vampires.  But I guess if you basically use the same script she'll be gone by default.

As far as me ... well I won't lie I'm in a lot of pain and I'm about out of pills.  But I see the surgeon again Wednesday.

Level 10 sounds good, by then the Dawnguard dlc will be active.  But I can change it if you like?  I can add Babette to the Sanctuary but I don't know how people will react.  Remember we live in crazy times.  For now concentrate on your recovery.  I'm in no rush to finish the mod.  If you got anymore ideas let me know. :)

Greetings friends :)

As many of you know already, I have a friend who wishes to remain anonymous who is gifting me a gently used mid-range gaming PC that is light years beyond my now ancient laptop.  Well...  It has shipped!  I should have it by Wednesday the 26th of May!  Phat is so happy! :)

Adventure on, Phat:highfive:  Hard to put just how happy I am into words.... So, how about a song instead!:clap:

• Like 2