Bethesda net refugees

Uncus

3 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

By any chance, did you try to click on her post about 13 hours ago? If so, I think I know what happened. A user reported her post and a Global Moderator removed it.  I suspect that you may have tried to click on her post at the same time it was removed.

If you're interested, here is Sah's post:

Loverslab.com

Skyrim chat & mods ... and the [censored] banners are all free!

I have no idea why this post was reported. And I have no idea why it was removed. It appears that the only objectionable part was removed by the auto-censor (merely linking to Loverslab is not a violation, as far as I am aware).  The whole thing is a mystery to me.  :facepalm:

I have a feeling that if it wasn't for you being a moderator there we'd have had a lot more mysteries.

1 hour ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

By any chance, did you try to click on her post about 13 hours ago? If so, I think I know what happened. A user reported her post and a Global Moderator removed it.  I suspect that you may have tried to click on her post at the same time it was removed.

If you're interested, here is Sah's post:

Loverslab.com

Skyrim chat & mods ... and the [censored] banners are all free!

I have no idea why this post was reported. And I have no idea why it was removed. It appears that the only objectionable part was removed by the auto-censor (merely linking to Loverslab is not a violation, as far as I am aware).  The whole thing is a mystery to me.  :facepalm:

One of the mods went nuts there, locked a thread I made that wasn't in any way objectionable then perma banned me...their last act of power I guess. There's no way I am going near that discord channel where they can stealth mod every sentence we write.

It was that mod that uses a kitty avatar. Starts with N? Or something, can't remember their name.

29 minutes ago, slink said:

I thought we couldn't link to Lover's Lab on Bethesda.net because it contains graphic adult stuff.

You might be right.  The issue hasn't come up since I've been a moderator.  But even if you're correct, I would simply have removed the link and kept the post open.  I consider trashing posts like that to be a last resort.  

2 hours ago, Angel said:

then perma banned me

I have reviewed the case.  That ban was wrong, totally uncalled for.  I have un-perma-banned you.  :)

Three cheers for Pseron Wyrd why cant all moderators be like him. I tried to up your rep but I've used my quoter for today will try again tomorrow.

4 hours ago, slink said:

LOL about "Dick van Dyke".  Censorship on that forum was pretty ridiculous, wasn't it.

Not just that forum its one of the scourges of the internet.

23 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I have reviewed the case.  That ban was wrong, totally uncalled for.  I have un-perma-banned you.  :)

OMG thank you!

:wub:

13 hours ago, Sah said:

BEEP BEEP BEEP ... big removals truck backs up into the AFK drive way ...BEEP BEEP BEEP

OK boys start unloading, boxes labeled weapons and armors go in side, everything ells in the garage, and careful with the mini-nuke boxes, got no insurance :facepalm:

Hi guys so good to see everyone :unworthy:

WooHoo!  :)

15 hours ago, Sah said:

BEEP BEEP BEEP ... big removals truck backs up into the AFK drive way ...BEEP BEEP BEEP

OK boys start unloading, boxes labeled weapons and armors go in side, everything ells in the garage, and careful with the mini-nuke boxes, got no insurance :facepalm:

Hi guys so good to see everyone :unworthy:

Welcome Sah!  Can't believe I missed your post.

3 hours ago, Uncus said:

Three cheers for Pseron Wyrd why cant all moderators be like him.

Because Pseron is a well balanced TES veteran compaired with a few of the new moderator crowd. :blackhand:

9 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Because Pseron is a well balanced TES veteran compaired with a few of the new moderator crowd. :blackhand:

Pseron has always been a great guy.  He is willing to hear people out.  He has helped many in the community for years.  He has also taught me how to be better at roleplay.  The man brings class to any forum that he is apart of.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Angel said:

It was that mod that uses a kitty avatar. Starts with N? Or something, can't remember their name.

The only moderrator I am aware who uses a kitty avatar is Leydenne, which was also a moderator on the old BSF.

14 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

I play Rome: Total War Remastered.  It's basically the same game but with improved graphics and bug fixes, but some problems still prevail.  I got it pretty cheap for 15 bucks because I had the original.  I suggest getting it when it is on sale.

If we, who play TW games, wants to discuss TW games can do it here.

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/forum/410-total-war/

• Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 2:35 AM, phatbassanchor said:

You bet.  All I've done is forum this and post that all week.  Things will settle down soon.  I will be receiving a new PC soon that is light years beyond my old laptop, which is about to give up the ghost.  So, I'm looking forward to creating my own mods now that I'll have a machine that can actually run Xedit and CK.  I'd like to be making my own followers and npc replacements for myself and to share.  That means a lot less time in forums.  But, I'm getting email notices for messages here and check my gmail three to five times a day.  So, whether here or on Nexus I can always be found online as long as I'm awake to reply.  Hahaha:lmao:

Adventure on my friend, Phat:blackhand:

PS... Boa is new...  by Jinxxed0  (Have two more from the same author I can show off next time)

20210415183312_1.jpg

Ooh, can't wait to see what you come up with. I just need to get over of my fear of using the CK as I have 2 followers I want to make. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Handy6373 said:

Ooh, can't wait to see what you come up with. I just need to get over of my fear of using the CK as I have 2 followers I want to make. 

Trip advised to start in Xedit and try making adjustments to existing followers first, using a follower in a box type guide.  So, I will likely start there.  Fortunately, I am in no shortage of talented friends to help when I get stuck! :)

Once I get the hang of the tools, I'll start making followers from some of my existing characters, like Piper, Fiona and the others...

Testing a new beta DB mod for Talyn today.  I should be back around later on.

Adventure on dear friend, Phat:blackhand:

PS:  Fiona is the brunette with reddish overtones, Piper is the blonde.

20210222161951_1.jpg

20210222173922_1.jpg

20201119140809_1.jpg

20201119140828_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Handy6373 said:

Whatever help you need let me know I can help you too.  The CK is intimidating,  I would link you to the CK wiki but I don't want to run you off.  But just know if I learned how to mod so can you.  It just takes time.  You will also appreciate mods more when you see how much work goes into them.  The hours of staring at a computer screen.  Let me stop before I get PTSD.  But ya let me know what you want to learn and I'll help you.  Do you use the mod RaceMenu?  If not I highly recommend it.  With it I can teach you a console command to export your characters data, and then I can recreate the character as a follower on my PC, and then I can send you the mod.

43 minutes ago, Talyn82 said:

Whatever help you need let me know I can help you too.  The CK is intimidating,  I would link you to the CK wiki but I don't want to run you off.  But just know if I learned how to mod so can you.  It just takes time.  You will also appreciate mods more when you see how much work goes into them.  The hours of staring at a computer screen.  Let me stop before I get PTSD.  But ya let me know what you want to learn and I'll help you.  Do you use the mod RaceMenu?  If not I highly recommend it.  With I can teach you a console command to export your characters data, and then I can recreate the character as a follower on my PC, and then I can send you the mod.

I spend three years learning racemenu and bodyslide.  Time for something new now.  I tried Xedit and CK once before... had a look at the tools... had all the horror stories from dear friends swimming in my head of CK difficulties...  Everything looked like an alien language...  closed them... uninstalled and have not looked back thus far... until now...  So, I intend to take it slowly, one step at a time.  I used to learn new tech rather quickly.  If I had the same mind I did thirty years ago, I would've most likely been teaching others how to make mods by now and have a hundred or more creations to my credit.  Mais non, after a few too many hard blows to the head during the accidents that left me fully disabled and unable to work, I have extreme difficulty learning new things now.  So, I plan to take it slow, one step at a time until I get it right, then move on.

It will happen because I want it.  It will just take time and effort.  With the bethnet forums gone, I'll have the time.  I spent a lot of hours there.  I'll certainly not abandon my dear friends.  But, I won't be available nearly as often and will likely need to revamp my traditionally verbose style of writing to be more concise and to the point!  Hahaha:lmao: Right... that's going to happen Phat:lmao: Hahaha

Anyway... I'm behind on my promise trying to keep up with comms again so I really need to go...  Ciao

37 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

I spend three years learning racemenu and bodyslide.  Time for something new now.  I tried Xedit and CK once before... had a look at the tools... had all the horror stories from dear friends swimming in my head of CK difficulties...  Everything looked like an alien language...  closed them... uninstalled and have not looked back thus far... until now...  So, I intend to take it slowly, one step at a time.  I used to learn new tech rather quickly.  If I had the same mind I did thirty years ago, I would've most likely been teaching others how to make mods by now and have a hundred or more creations to my credit.  Mais non, after a few too many hard blows to the head during the accidents that left me fully disabled and unable to work, I have extreme difficulty learning new things now.  So, I plan to take it slow, one step at a time until I get it right, then move on.

It will happen because I want it.  It will just take time and effort.  With the bethnet forums gone, I'll have the time.  I spent a lot of hours there.  I'll certainly not abandon my dear friends.  But, I won't be available nearly as often and will likely need to revamp my traditionally verbose style of writing to be more concise and to the point!  Hahaha:lmao: Right... that's going to happen Phat:lmao: Hahaha

Anyway... I'm behind on my promise trying to keep up with comms again so I really need to go...  Ciao

Here my apprentice:https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethesda_Tutorial_Creation_Kit_Interface

Read this when you have the time it explains the basics of the Creation Kit.  Don't not move on just take it slow no rush.

3 minutes ago, Talyn82 said:

Here my apprentice:https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethesda_Tutorial_Creation_Kit_Interface

Read this when you have the time it explains the basics of the Creation Kit.  Don't not move on just take it slow no rush.

Cool!  Bookmarked that in my Gaming folder and dragged up between my map/alchemy references and other tutorial stuff.  It's now my first tutorial link :)  Thank you :)  If it's all the same too you, I prefer minion to apprentice :)  Apprentices are generally rather young.  Minions can be whatever they happen to be :)  Just.... please do not call me Igor... Hahaha:lmao:

1 hour ago, Talyn82 said:

Whatever help you need let me know I can help you too.  The CK is intimidating,  I would link you to the CK wiki but I don't want to run you off.  But just know if I learned how to mod so can you.  It just takes time.  You will also appreciate mods more when you see how much work goes into them.  The hours of staring at a computer screen.  Let me stop before I get PTSD.  But ya let me know what you want to learn and I'll help you.  Do you use the mod RaceMenu?  If not I highly recommend it.  With it I can teach you a console command to export your characters data, and then I can recreate the character as a follower on my PC, and then I can send you the mod.

As of now I have "some" experience in xedit and very little in the CK. I do have 1! thing I did in the CK that kinda stuck, in a mod for Lakeview Manor that adds wall and guards(brain fade on the name) I changed the ratio of male to female guards to close to a 50/50 split. I think there are 9 guards total and only 2 were women, I'm thinking I made 2 of the male guards women so 4 women 5 men. I have been slowly acquiring info on how to make a simple follower and even a new how to showed up on the nexus. I have yet to read it but I just need to take the plunge and go for it. I am using RaceMenu and that has been a learning curve also. I truly do appreciate your offer but I do feel at this point I need to make the attempt full on to see if it's something I can do. But if all else fails I will holler at you. The only real complication that I see having is I want to apply custom face presets I got from the nexus.  

3 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

Cool!  Bookmarked that in my Gaming folder and dragged up between my map/alchemy references and other tutorial stuff.  It's now my first tutorial link :)  Thank you :)  If it's all the same too you, I prefer minion to apprentice :)  Apprentices are generally rather young.  Minions can be whatever they happen to be :)  Just.... please do not call me Igor... Hahaha:lmao:

"yes yes master" (in Igor's voice), lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Handy6373 said:

"yes yes master" (in Igor's voice), lol

With me... it's the exaggerated Peter Lorre voice from the old Looney Tunes...

"Let me kill him NOW master..."  Mwah hahahahahahahaaaaaa:blackhand:

16 minutes ago, Handy6373 said:

As of now I have "some" experience in xedit and very little in the CK. I do have 1! thing I did in the CK that kinda stuck, in a mod for Lakeview Manor that adds wall and guards(brain fade on the name) I changed the ratio of male to female guards to close to a 50/50 split. I think there are 9 guards total and only 2 were women, I'm thinking I made 2 of the male guards women so 4 women 5 men. I have been slowly acquiring info on how to make a simple follower and even a new how to showed up on the nexus. I have yet to read it but I just need to take the plunge and go for it. I am using RaceMenu and that has been a learning curve also. I truly do appreciate your offer but I do feel at this point I need to make the attempt full on to see if it's something I can do. But if all else fails I will holler at you. The only real complication that I see having is I want to apply custom face presets I got from the nexus.  

Okay first let me ask you:  Do you want the followers to share or for personal use?  If the first it is a bit of a learning curve.  If the second I found a revolutionary mod called Project Proteus: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46620  With this mod you can create a character and save them so you can import them to a new game as an npc.  Or you can save your current Dovahkiin and import them in a new game as an npc.  In both instances you can choose whether or not to make the npc a follower.  You can set if you want them essential or not.  You can also set them as marriable.  The mod also let's you import the character with whatever weapons and armor you had at the time when you were playing as that character.  You can do all this while in game.  You will never have to touch the CK.  The only problem is that there is no way to share them yet.  But anyway check out the mod and if you don't understand I'll walk you through it.