Bethesda net refugees

Uncus

8 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Pops out of a hole.

Great horny toadies!  I musta dug clean through to Chiney!

Hey man great seeing you over here.  I am currently working on a mod that allows the player to start the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest without having to kill Grelod.  The mod is inspired by one of your posts on the subject.  Soon it will be released.

3 minutes ago, Talyn82 said:

Hey man great seeing you over here.  I am currently working on a mod that allows the player to start the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest without having to kill Grelod.  The mod is inspired by one of your posts on the subject.  Soon it will be released.

That's great to know!  Now my good guys can take out the DB!

It seemed to me the best start would after a DB assassin comes after you (which generally happens sooner or later).  Then just give the same option you have when you otherwise would have to kill Astrid.  The rest can follow the same way.  Really I think all that's needed is that trigger to happen.  COURSE, if Astrid isn't at the hideout when you go to wipe them out you lose that cool dagger.  So not a perfect solution.  I guess the mod would have to add her in the hideout somehow.

The premise so far is at around level 5 you will be attacked by an easy to kill DB assassin.  This assassin is carrying two contracts one is for you and one is for Commander Maro's son.  You go to Dragonsbridge and show him the letter.  He will then task you with destroying the Dark Brotherhood.  Astrid will be in the sanctuary she will be the last encounter and thus the toughest.  Not too hard but not too easy.  I got most of the idea from you.  When I first read it I was like yeah I can do that.

Been here since Jan. 2018. Just to download a mod or two and seek answers to mod issues. Never have much to say though but the sight of familiar names is comforting.

welcome mate good few here from Beth net

9 minutes ago, macole said:

Been here since Jan. 2018. Just to download a mod or two and seek answers to mod issues. Never have much to say though but the sight of familiar names is comforting.

Hey I remember you from the Oblivion forums am I right?   Anyway welcome!

7 minutes ago, Talyn82 said:

Hey I remember you from the Oblivion forums am I right?   Anyway welcome!

That's right, I post my Oblivion adventure there or did anyways. Now the adventure is currently only on Chorrol.com

1 hour ago, macole said:

That's right, I post my Oblivion adventure there or did anyways. Now the adventure is currently only on Chorrol.com

Yeah I used to read your adventures, and there was another member who posted there adventures but I forgot their name.  I will check out Chorrol.com

7 hours ago, Leonardo said:

No I was not, but if you like to play Total War then you're right as I once was a moderator on TWC in 2018 to early 2019.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?795476-TWC-Problems&p=15790239&viewfull=1#post15790239 (only a moderator can post like that and that's called staff message)

I used to be a member of that forum.   I learned a lot about modding the first Rome: Total War.  

3 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

there was another member who posted there adventures but I forgot their name.  

Was it Acadian and Buffy The Bowgirl, by any chance?

Welcome Pseron!  Yes, it was Acadian.  I used to read Macole's and Acadian's adventures in Oblivion. :)

Hi!. Thought I would give this forum a try. Lots of familiar names here. :-)

(I have been using the unofficial patches for years. But never had an account.)

I am surprised the other forum is closing. I thought it would remain open at least for the Fallout 76 players.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fenrus said:

Hi!. Thought I would give this forum a try. Lots of familiar names here. :-)

(I have been using the unofficial patches for years. But never had an account.)

I am surprised the other forum is closing. I thought it would remain open at least for the Fallout 76 players.

Welcome Fenrus!  I too was surprised the other forum is closing.  The old forum before that one lasted so many years that I thought the current one would do so too,  At least members are giving this forum a shot.  Hmm I wonder is that entire site going to be shutdown or just the forums?

1 hour ago, Fenrus said:

I think they felt the feedback they were getting was too honest, and they prefer to shut down discourse instead of actually working on delivering the game we were wanting.

They destroyed the community to keep us quiet.

With reddit it's a hivemind and most feedback gets drowned out by that, and with discord they have direct control over every word, and any actual feedback will get drowned out by the chitchat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 10:33 PM, Talyn82 said:

Welcome friend!  I look forward to seeing more screenshots of your lucky Dovahkiin and his harem of sexy followers.

You bet.  All I've done is forum this and post that all week.  Things will settle down soon.  I will be receiving a new PC soon that is light years beyond my old laptop, which is about to give up the ghost.  So, I'm looking forward to creating my own mods now that I'll have a machine that can actually run Xedit and CK.  I'd like to be making my own followers and npc replacements for myself and to share.  That means a lot less time in forums.  But, I'm getting email notices for messages here and check my gmail three to five times a day.  So, whether here or on Nexus I can always be found online as long as I'm awake to reply.  Hahaha:lmao:

Adventure on my friend, Phat:blackhand:

PS... Boa is new...  by Jinxxed0  (Have two more from the same author I can show off next time)

20210415183312_1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angel said:

I think they felt the feedback they were getting was too honest, and they prefer to shut down discourse instead of actually working on delivering the game we were wanting.

With reddit it's a hivemind and most feedback gets drowned out by that, and with discord they have direct control over every word, and any actual feedback will get drowned out by the chitchat.

I don't think I could've said that any better myself.  So, here's someone pretty to help ease our minds and jump start our hearts:alienjump:

Meet Boa Hancock by Jinxxed0:redface:  Uh huh, Uh huh... She's purrdy... Uh huh... Aw shucks:cyclops:

20210415183312_1.jpg

10 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

Hmm I wonder is that entire site going to be shutdown or just the forums?

Just the forums, from what I gather

Somewhere I read that the mods section would still be up, but there would be no mod comments allowed.  The Discord channel is supposed to replace the mod comments section.  So, just a download area.

9 hours ago, Angel said:

I don't think anybody can be disillusioned enough to think that shutting down a forum can erase the negative feedback Bethesda has gotten over the last few years.  It could be a feeble attempt on their part, but I think it's more likely that the people responsible for "public relations" simply don't need to care about the forum anymore after being bought by Microsoft.

9 hours ago, Angel said:

I agree, neither is a replacement for a forum which allows more in-depth discussions.  This place here looks awesome and very welcoming.

1 minute ago, slink said:

Somewhere I read that the mods section would still be up, but there would be no mod comments allowed.  The Discord channel is supposed to replace the mod comments section.  So, just a download area.

Yeah, except using Discord for mod comments is a joke imo.  I've posted links to the Nexus pages on my Xbox mods so people can post there.

3 minutes ago, slink said:

So we can still get mods. Good. Would modders still port new ones over?

1 minute ago, harleyone said:

So we can still get mods. Good. Would modders still port new ones over?

Yeah, for now there's no mention of closing down the mod section on Bethesda, just the forum.  I personally don't think that they'll ever dare take away the mods from bethesda, or at least not for a long time.

8 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

You bet.  All I've done is forum this and post that all week.  Things will settle down soon.  I will be receiving a new PC soon that is light years beyond my old laptop, which is about to give up the ghost.  So, I'm looking forward to creating my own mods now that I'll have a machine that can actually run Xedit and CK.  I'd like to be making my own followers and npc replacements for myself and to share.  That means a lot less time in forums.  But, I'm getting email notices for messages here and check my gmail three to five times a day.  So, whether here or on Nexus I can always be found online as long as I'm awake to reply.  Hahaha:lmao:

Adventure on my friend, Phat:blackhand:

PS... Boa is new...  by Jinxxed0  (Have two more from the same author I can show off next time)

20210415183312_1.jpg

That's great news Phat.  If you need help feel free to contact me.  I've made a few followers for personal use in my time.  I was made a pretty good Serana replacer but then that PC crashed before I was able to back up my files.  But if you need help let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harleyone said:

Just the forums, from what I gather

Welcome harleyone!  Thank you for the clarification.