Bethesda net refugees

Uncus

4 hours ago, Uncus said:

Will do, we are used to Beth net rules yours cant be as bad as theirs.

Well, every tenth post, before you submit you have to turn around windershins and hop on one leg.

But seriously, you'd be surprised what people don't read.

4 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

Your name sounds familiar were you a moderator for the old Bethesda Forums?

No nothing so lofty, my name on Beth net was Kregen and I was just a pleb. As for my present name being familiar have you ever heard of a book called "the last of the Mohicans" by James Fenimore Cooper. My name is a variation on one of the characters who was called Uncas.

4 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Welcome dear friends:banana:

Hi Phat

2 hours ago, slink said:

Well, I landed here for now.  I joined their discord, too, since I have an account there.

Hi slink welcome

4 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

Welcome dear friends:banana:

Welcome friend!  I look forward to seeing more screenshots of your lucky Dovahkiin and his harem of sexy followers.

4 minutes ago, Uncus said:

No nothing so lofty, my name on Beth net was Kregen and I was just a pleb. As for my present name being familiar have you ever heard of a book called "the last of the Mohicans" by James Fenimore Cooper. My name is a variation on one of the characters who was called Uncas.

I knew I had heard something similar before must've been that book, and yeah I remember your username. :)

1 hour ago, Sigurð Stormhand said:

Well, every tenth post, before you submit you have to turn around windershins and hop on one leg.

But seriously, you'd be surprised what people don't read.

Ok I'll go off and practice that, are you sure I don't have to put my right arm behind my back as well.

Oh no, I just read the news (bit behind the times because I left Bethesda's new crap forum software a few years ago).

Sad news for the dedicated community though, and a lot of useful information / knowledge is slowly going down the null plughole, same as the old Beth archived forum.

Is this an early indication of how things are going since M$ ate Zenimax?

Tried Discord a few times, but the format just doesn't work for me.

Also like to ask anyone know anything about Starfield progress? (I said a while back I have had enough of Bethesda's bug ridden games and the repeated cycle of them not fixing everything that needs to be and leaving it all up to the community to sort their (pardon the pun) Fallout) .. But I might just dabble one more time with Starfield (just maybe Bethesda might up their game a bit and make this a better game engine plus more attention to detail in squishing bugs with meshes / textures / animations / scripts / etcetera and make it Vulkan API friendly).

• Thanks 1

Yes it sad for us refugees but we hope to find a home here and be useful members of this community.

To be honest I am woefully short on Starfield been to busy with other stuff and I have a feeling I’m not going to like it.

Pops out of a hole.

Great horny toadies!  I musta dug clean through to Chiney!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Just to clarify something - accounts on the bug tracking system are not linked to the forum. It's definitely possible to have one there but not have one here, or vice versa. We don't purge accounts due to inactivity either, but it's certainly possible that changes in the forum package we use might force a password reset or something.

Thanks for making room for us my friend.  Thanks for all the awesome mods too:banana:

• Thanks 1

Hey, slink! Fancy meeting you here:cool:

Edit: ok, this was supposed to go up after slink's post. Still getting the hang of things

1 hour ago, harleyone said:

Hey, slink! Fancy meeting you here:cool:

Edit: ok, this was supposed to go up after slink's post. Still getting the hang of things

Hey harleyone!  Any sign of pookie?

6 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Also like to ask anyone know anything about Starfield progress?

The bloggers are saying early 2022. I had not even thought about this game but when it releases it is supposed to be releasing with the new CK.  I would like to have a look at it.

Are you still kicking ass and taking names?

7 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Also like to ask anyone know anything about Starfield progress? (I said a while back I have had enough of Bethesda's bug ridden games and the repeated cycle of them not fixing everything that needs to be and leaving it all up to the community to sort their (pardon the pun) Fallout) .. But I might just dabble one more time with Starfield (just maybe Bethesda might up their game a bit and make this a better game engine plus more attention to detail in squishing bugs with meshes / textures / animations / scripts / etcetera and make it Vulkan API friendly).

I follow several on YouTube that will be fighting to be the first to sound off if anything 'real' is mentioned.    YongYea, ESO, MrMattyPlays, etc.

Hey can I transfer my BGS reputation of over 9,000 to this place?  Asking for a friend.  :whistle:

18 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

Your name sounds familiar were you a moderator for the old Bethesda Forums?

No I was not, but if you like to play Total War then you're right as I once was a moderator on TWC in 2018 to early 2019.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?795476-TWC-Problems&p=15790239&viewfull=1#post15790239 (only a moderator can post like that and that's called staff message)

52 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Hey can I transfer my BGS reputation of over 9,000 to this place?  Asking for a friend.  :whistle:

Heh, unfortunately not. It'll just have to build back up naturally.

8 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Oh no, I just read the news (bit behind the times because I left Bethesda's new crap forum software a few years ago).

Sad news for the dedicated community though, and a lot of useful information / knowledge is slowly going down the null plughole, same as the old Beth archived forum.

Is this an early indication of how things are going since M$ ate Zenimax?

Tried Discord a few times, but the format just doesn't work for me.

Yep, 3rd time now since I joined with them, but the 4th time I know of that they've decided to kill their forums. For modders like me it isn't too huge of a problem since I already have this place and a bunch of Nexus threads, but for a lot of other authors it's going to completely cut them off from their userbases until they scramble to find a solution. Discord is not that solution no matter how much a company's PR department might think it is. Discord is fine for short real time issues but terrible for anything over the long term since it can't be indexed by any search engines.

Nothing official about Starfield yet but there's plenty of leaks all over online. If you believe any of them, then E3 is going to be some good stuff. That's only a couple of weeks out assuming they're still planning to attend at all.

2 hours ago, slink said:

Hey harleyone!  Any sign of pookie?

Last time I saw anything from pookie was back on the BGS forum.

Sah is super busy with her live streams at the moment so not going to be soon I think but she does have a profile here. Her stream starts in about an hour over on you tube Why don't you all drop by if you have time we use the live stream chat a bit like a chat lounge just no nasty stuff just fun and games.

Shameless plug for Sah, she is live streaming on you tube in about  half an hour. if you go to her feed on you tube and look up the newest stream it should show your local time when it starts. come on guys turn up and support one of our own. It will be fun