CK error on loading form 43 mod

Elaura

I have attempted to fully convert Rabbits of Skyrim https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58322/ to SSE
I used CAO to convert meshes, textures and animations, selecting necessary optimization only.
I have cleaned the mod using the SSEdit autoclean.
I have attempted to load the mod into the CK:
- through MO2
- directly from the Skyrim folder
- with no assets
- with unoptimized assets
- with optimized assets
- with fully optimized assets

In every attempt, the CK crashes while building references. 

The mod plays fine in game, I simply wanted to resave the mod with the proper form.

Any ideas? For occasions like this, I really wish XEdit provided a way to simply change the form without having to load it into the CK.

xEdit cannot do this and no solution provided by them would ever be completely trustworthy.

The original mod plugin may be damaged in some way but I'll take a poke at it and see what happens on my end.

Thank you! Damage was my first guess. I'm looking forward to hearing what you find.

I've tried loading it into both the LE and SE CKs and neither of them will load it. So I'd have to say the plugin file is damaged in some way.

xEdit produces the following list of errors:

[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:0009A724] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:0009A724] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.

[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:00105A3C] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:00105A3C] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:0006E297] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:0006E297] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:0006E296] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:0006E296] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:0006E279] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:0006E279] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:00105985] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:00105985] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:000EA27F] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:000EA27F] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:001071A7] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:001071A7] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:001071A6] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:001071A6] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:001071A5] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:001071A5] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:00107173] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:00107173] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:00107172] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:00107172] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:00105A1C] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:00105A1C] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:0010FC72] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:0010FC72] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:00105A21] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:00105A21] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:000F9A9B] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:000F9A9B] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:000F9A9C] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:000F9A9C] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:000F9A9A] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:000F9A9A] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:000F399A] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:000F399A] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:000F398C] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:000F398C] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:000F398B] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:000F398B] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.
[00:03] Background Loader: Warning: Record [ACHR:000F399B] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:000F399B] in file RabbitsOfSkyrim.esp.

When you pull up any of those, the right pane in xEdit shows you nothing, because they're not the correct record types. For instance, the first two in the list should both be ACHR records, but somehow someone has stuffed them with LVLN records. That's not even possible to do in the CK. I'd have to say this was probably built with TESVSnip, which was well known to cause this kind of corruption in records and is no longer used by anyone today. Repairing this doesn't appear to be possible.

18 hours ago, Elaura said:

I have attempted to load the mod into the CK:
- through MO2

I remember on BSF when you had a similiar issue and back then you also launch the tool through MO (not entirely sure if MO2 was available back then), but after someone (WrinklyNinja?) said that to launch without MO your issue fixed itself.

So, why not clean the mod in xEdit without MO2 then try to load in the CK, just to see what happens.

Cleaning it won't help. The records xEdit lists as broken are very very broken. The mod is essentially corrupt. I have no idea how anyone who says its working got that to happen because my attempts to load it into LE result in the game crashing.

It's strange that so many very badly done mods get a lot of endorsements. There's no good way on nexusmods to downgrade or warn anybody. It's not technically "Abuse", so I'm reluctant to use that report button. Am I wrong?

In another case, Leaf Rest, it isn't obviously broken until you load it in CK and xEdit and study what they've done (after confiict reports over 8 years). Breaking 2 significant quests, because they accidentally cut and pasted (instead of copy and paste) doors they wanted to use, so those doors are now missing in Riften.  All the NPCs gradually congregate (get stuck) in the middle of Riverwood, because the navmeshing is a nightmare. The modder closing comments and deleting all negative comments, saying it is bug-free.

What should we do to prevent folks from using bad mods?

How about a thread entitled "Mods recommended for save game stability" with a table of mods with a poll on each (yes/no/don't know). That way, a mod author  doesn't get tarred with "bad", rather, players know they can trial a questionable mod without compromising the save.

You know what's really crazy? It is currently working perfectly in SSE. I ran it through Cathedral Assets Optimizer and in order to get the form to change, I used wryebash. I copied it to an ESM and then copied it again to an ESP.  I don't know why it works, but it does.
The rabbits show up, look like they're supposed to and do what they're supposed to do. No crashes.

I guess I'll just leave it alone.

OK, even weirder . . . I just ran it through SSEEdit, checked for errors, and it found none. Something in the process above removed the errors. 

. . . it's magic!

On 5/7/2021 at 12:48 PM, Leonardo said:

I remember on BSF when you had a similiar issue and back then you also launch the tool through MO (not entirely sure if MO2 was available back then), but after someone (WrinklyNinja?) said that to launch without MO your issue fixed itself.

So, why not clean the mod in xEdit without MO2 then try to load in the CK, just to see what happens.

Oh, sorry I didn't answer this before. I didn't see it. Since that time, whenever I have trouble loading a mod into the CK through MO, I always try it again outside of MO. I learned my lesson! :)