The whispering door wont talk to me

MortenAnakin

Hi guys, im new here! I'm relatively new in Skyrim. Im playing the Special Edition, and add a lot of mods (Stories, Enhanced graphics, etc). I have installed the Unofficial Patch, and have 100+hour of gameplay, with no problem except very minor bugs that doesnt affect the game. But now im trying to do the daedric quest "The Whispering Door", i've talked with the jarl's son, and he tell me that i have to go to listen the door. I go to the door (an old, rusty door in the kitchen), but nothing happens. The quest marker is there, in front of my character.. but nothing. Any idea? :(

You mentioned that you're using a number of other mods. Are you sure one of them isn't interfering somehow? I'm not aware of any way that the quest can bug out like this in the vanilla game.

According to UESP:

At the back of the closet is a locked door which seems to be covered in blood. Activate the door, and the disembodied voice of the Whispering Lady will begin talking to you.

Are you at the correct door, and have you tried activating it? Have you followed the quest through the proper steps, starting with the rumor from Hulda in the Bannered Mare?