Unresolved Error in background loader for USSEP in xEdit

Nebulous112

Hey Arthmoor and co.,

I recently had an error running Sheson's xLODGen v0.77 beta.

[00:05] Background Loader: <Note: [REFR:0190001B] (places [050B1985] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunTempleofKynareth "Temple of Kynareth" [CELL:000165A7]) was injected into Update.esm>

Speaking with Sheson, he commented this is an error in the plugin linking to a record that does not exist, and would appear in any version of xEdit, not just his modified version. He said the error should be fixed before continuing on.

He was, of course, correct that the error does appear in normal xEdit, I just hadn't noticed it as it is only mentioned in the background loader messages and not if you right-click, "check for errors".

I re-downloaded USSEP v4.24b and only loaded it in xEdit, same reproducible error in the background loader at the start. See attached for a screenshot of xEdit with the record in question -- the Unwanted Effects book placed in the Temple of Kynareth.

Can you advise if this is an issue, either for the game itself or for xEdit when altering records (like in xLODGen)?

Thank you for your time, and I appreciate all the work you folks put into the Unofficial Patch.

0190001B.jpg

Thanks for getting back to me!

I see it is an injected record, but none of the other surrounding injected records show < Error: Could not be resolved >. Is it because the other injected records are looking at things xEdit already processed in the base files and it hasn't gotten to the BOOK section yet in USSEP?

For example, I included a couple injected records above and below the message in question:

[00:06] Background Loader: <Note: UlfricCoffinRef [REFR:0190000D] (places WHcoffin01 "Coffin" [CONT:000F6A96] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of WindhelmHalloftheDead "Hall of the Dead" [CELL:00016786]) was injected into Update.esm>
[00:06] Background Loader: <Note: [REFR:03900000] (places CraftingCookingPotSm "Cooking Pot" [FURN:001010B3] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeProudspireManor "Proudspire Manor" [CELL:00016A06]) was injected into HearthFires.esm>
[00:06] Background Loader: <Note: [REFR:0190001B] (places [050B1985] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunTempleofKynareth "Temple of Kynareth" [CELL:000165A7]) was injected into Update.esm>
[00:06] Background Loader: [Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp] GRUP Top "CELL" processed
[00:06] Background Loader: <Note: [REFR:0190001A] (places WRLightFireStreet01 [LIGH:0008278A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior14 [CELL:0000961C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 3,-3)) was injected into Update.esm>
[00:06] Background Loader: <Note: [REFR:01900019] (places FXfireWithEmbersHeavy [MSTT:00033DA4] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior14 [CELL:0000961C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 3,-3)) was injected into Update.esm>

These all seem to reference the base ESMs, which I assume xEdit would have already processed.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I'm just trying to learn. Thanks again! :)

It's a quirk in how xEdit reports on things while it's loading. Wait for it to complete and you'll see that the reference is valid and the error is actually bogus.

• Thanks 1