Break of Dawn Death Fall Question

Ai Elias

I was hoping that someone here (Arthmoor perhaps XD) could tell me what steps USSEP takes to address the faulty scripting in the Break of Dawn quest where the player has the potential to fall to their death from the sky and potentially explain the issue further to me. More specifically why this issue can reappear in the presence of other mods that don't overwrite the DA09Script.

From my limited research into the problem, it seems that it's being caused by the use of the utility.wait() function and is either a result of an overloaded game or an error in the calculation of the player fall time. Or a combination of those? In any case, if this is the case (which it very well may not be) why doesn't the USSEP replacement script edited in such a way to prevent the fall entirely instead as that seems like the more solid fix in my humble opinion. Thanks! <3

What we did back in 2012 (yes, this issue is that old) was to remove the premature call to disable the sky platform since the movePlayerToEarth() function already has a call to do so in the correct place. This call removal took place in the stage 300 fragment. There has been no further instances of this happening ever since. So we assume this meant that the timing between it being disabled and the actual fall that begins shortly after was enough to correct the problem. There was no reason to make any further edits for this issue, and nothing indicates a need to do so now either.

A mod would not need to overwrite DA09Script btw, it would be overwriting the QF_DA09_0004E4E1 script instead, which is where the stage fragments are stored. This can happen a lot easier than you might think.