Please help me resolve LOOT error

Zephuria

[10:15:36.903159] [error]: Game-specific settings could not be initialised: Cannot set the current game: the game with folder "Skyrim Special Edition" is not installed.

I'm new to modding and have been going through pages of google threads, youtube videos and now a step by step manual on MO2 setup at LoversLabs. I've been absorbing knowledge for 2 days now, but not all sources recommend the same Procedural steps or file save locations. I had installed my game before looking into anything that had to do with how to get the mods and found I needed to move my game out of Programx86 file. After I uninstalled and moved the game LOOT created the error above.

One found suggestion was to launch the game at least once with MO2, MO2 could not find my game...I did just move it on it so I opened settings and changed the file location for the skryimse.exe and launched the game then closed it and the above message still continues to show each time I try to use LOOT. Is there a know fix for this? Please help if you can!

It is better to post this in the LOOT thread and not as a separate thread.

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5042-relz-loot-load-order-optimisation-tool/

Also, if you want to solve this issue then forget about using MO2 as that only complicating things.

Have you launched SSE without any mods?  If not then do so, because it's required to read the Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim_Default.ini file first before starting a new game.

Spoiler

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
sTestFile1=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile2=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile3=Dragonborn.esm

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
fLightLODStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=9999999.0000
fFirstSliceDistance=2000.0000
fDynamicDOFFarBlur=0.4
fDDOFFocusCenterweightExt=2
fDOFMaxDepthParticipation=10000

[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000

[Decals]
uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=60

[LightingShader]
fDecalLODFadeStart=0.45
fDecalLODFadeEnd=0.5

[Imagespace]
iRadialBlurLevel=2

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa
bLoadArchiveInMemory=1
sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa

[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Actor]
bUseNavMeshForMovement=0

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Through obsessive determination and review of the program error and accessible settings along with pc terms and mod type info I had been acquiring the past few days I fixed the issue myself. The fix was far more simple than I expected. Within Loot's Settings  After the game between Masterlist Repository Branch and Install Path Registry Key is a completely empty column called Install Path, on the line in this column next to the game you are trying to use Loot for type in the proper Install path all the way to the game name just before and not including it's .exe file. Now your Loot works again If anyone has my problem.