Solitude Stuck in War Mode

This is for PS4; apologies if this topic is already listed elsewhere.  I did try searching for it before posting.  Here goes:  I've completed the Civil War (go Stormcloaks!) series, but am now unable to re-enter Solitude, as it states I must help Ulfric Stormcloak and the rebellion before I can enter (Civil War series is already done).  Ulfric and guards are gathered outside the city, and I cannot talk to Ulfric.  The enemy/dramatic fight soundtrack is on a loop (annoying and stressful). The symbol for the City and the Palace are gone from my world map.  I cannot enter the south gate/side entrance to Solitude, either (says I need a key).  I have tried, as some forums suggest, to go back and talk to Ulfric in Windhelm (yes, he's there, too) and ask to become a Thane, but I don't get that dialogue, as I'm already a Thane and homeowner in Windhelm.  He just tells me to "Go forth, and if you run into any Imperials, you know what to do."  I've even tried the USSEP available on PS4.  Nothing works.  I wouldn't mind terribly that I could no longer get into Solitude, but that's where I parked the husband and adopted children and they miss me, I think.  Is there any workaround to this that anyone else has tried?  Any help would be appreciated.  Hate to have to start over.