EOL for Adobe Flash Player

Leonardo

Yeah, we've known that for several years. Personally don't have any machines where it is enabled.

But what does that mean for games that use(d) flash. Will Bethesda come out with updates using modern (and less buggy) technology? Enquiring minds want to know....

Adobe killing the Flash Player won't have any impact on games using Scaleform. Assuming of course Scaleform itself isn't also being killed.

Highly anticipated :)

Never thought I would see the day until that announcement in 2017.

Now that the worlds most lucrative spyware is kicking its last, fingers crossed Microsoft will also get rid of their version of the plugin which Windows automatically installs.

For the future, if you haven't realised already, DOM Storage holds the HTML5 equivalent of Flash LSO Supercookies ..

Bleachbit cleans them out

xnvKtme.png

In Chrome / Chromium it is possible to clean out DOM Storage, but it can't be setup to do that automatically in any of the advanced settings like you can with third party cookies etcetera (presumably because its valuable data advertisers including google want to preserve as long as possible)

In Chrome open a new tab and press F12, then on the menu bar at the top of the page choose "Application", then "Clear Storage", then "Clear site data"

wA8PoEf.png

.. Easier to just run Bleachbit really.

I don't know if Firefox / Palemoon has anything similar to Chromes Console, but again Bleachbit should also clean DOM Storage for those Browsers.

Let's just start with hoping Adobe actually does kill it this time - they've made this claim several times before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, alt3rn1ty said:

I don't know if Firefox / Palemoon has anything similar to Chromes Console, but again Bleachbit should also clean DOM Storage for those Browsers.

Firefox has a console similiar to Chrome, but I don't remember if Palemoon (I use Palemoon for short time a couple of years ago) have a console or not.

2 hours ago, Malonn said:

How much content actually uses Flash nowadays?  Legit question.

Basically nothing legit these days, other than some old Flash game sites that might still be online.

Ah.  Good, I didn't think I'd seen too much around.  I think I'll follow that link from deaths_soul and get rid of Flash for good...