Baldurs Gate III

alt3rn1ty

Baldurs Gate III - Is on early access on GOG and Steam

https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_iii

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1086940/Baldurs_Gate_3/

https://baldursgate3.game/

Looks good, I think I will be grabbing it. Based on D&D 5e ruleset.

Edit : Downloading :), early access it may be but I'm used to buggy games at release anyway.

Sounds like this company are another bunch of good eggs when it comes to support, so I'm in.

Yeah it is a bit steep, but the games already in a good state, 3rd update and I haven't had any issues so far. No doubt there's a lot more work to come it's a big game .. So big I had to clear some SSD space to keep a bunch of it clear for good operation, the game is 150gb. If anyone wants the GOG files standby for a lot of downloading, there's about 18 files worth at 4gb each for the Offline Installers.

I used GOG Galaxy to grab this game. Galaxy launches the game launcher, which in turn launches either the default Vulkan Exe, or the DX11 one instead. The Launcher though has a default screen size which is partly off the top of my screen resolution so obviously something they haven't considered, going to file a report on it.

Meanwhile I tried doing away with both GOG Galaxy and the game launcher .. And just ran the Vulkan exe directly from the bin\ folder - Works fine as far as I can tell, same as if I had installed the GOG Offline Installer version of it.

Graphics are gorgeous on my laptop, seen loads of complaints that it doesn't look like a BG game, agreed its more like Neverwinter Nights but thats not a bad thing imho.

No idea right now where the history of patch notes is, probably on their support site / forum somewhere https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3

Edit : Patch notes are at https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3 - scroll down to the bottom of the page

Also just above those is a "Contact support" button for reporting issues.

Tip for anyone playing

Remap the controls a bit, change A and D keys to Delete and End keys, and vice versa

By default the ASWD keys move the camera Forwards / Backwards / Pan Left / Pan Right

Much better having Forwards / Backwards / Rotate Left / Rotate Right

Really enjoying the way this plays, the Move and Attack of each party member in battles is very nice. Strategic

PCGamer review of the early access ..

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-early-access-review/?

I'm still very early game and experimenting with how everything works and discovering all he mentions, but loving the battles

On 10/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, Arthmoor said:

$60 for an early access game? LOL, are they crazy?

The same price and bugs as any Bethesda release?

2 hours ago, DayDreamer said:

~ and bugs as any Bethesda release?

Except this game is early access, not release, and Larian judging by the many posts I read prior to buying the game seem to have a much better track record than Bethesda in the bug fixing department. It may well take a few years, same as Egosoft and Hellogames, but apparently they do come through with a good finished game.

This early access is not the full game yet, it currently contains 25 hours worth of gaming for Act1, but the full planned game will include Act2 and Act3, so plenty of content and development to come no doubt. I cant see me finishing these 25 hours worth within that time period, probably take me more like 100 hours ( I don't want to miss anything along the way :) ).

https://larian.com/support/faqs/early-access-information_50

How much content is in Early Access?
The Early Access version of Baldur’s Gate 3 includes Act 1 of the game which, in one playthrough, is approximately 25 hours of self-contained content.

How long will the game be in Early Access?
Though Act 1 (the content for Early Access) is defined, Acts 2 and 3 are work in progress. It’s therefore difficult to predict when 1.0 will launch. We anticipate Baldur’s Gate 3 being in Early Access for at least one year but we’ll have to see how it goes. It’ll be ready when it’s ready.

Save games made during Early Access will not be compatible with the full Public release, so need to start again when that happens.

Found a bad thing :

Made a topic here https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/bg3exe_trying_to_connect_via_router_upnp_madness

@Larian - Please try to find another way to get your data from users instead of trying to use the old Router enabled UPnP port.

UPnP should never have been an internet facing port, but I understand it is misguidedly enabled by default in a lot of old routers settings, and remains a vulnerability in a lot of routers out there.

See Steve Gibsons Shields Up UPnP vulnerability check here - https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
Click Proceed, then click the big UPnP check

The game makes a network.log in your \Baldurs Gate 3\Bin\ folder

Because I have the routers settings disabling UPnP, the game reports the following ..

[12-10-2020 22:00:16:328][F:\Jenkins\workspace\Repo\FW4\Submission\Stable\LSProjects\Framework\Code\GameNet\PortMapperUPnP .cpp 115 net::PortMapperUPnP::Discover]: [NET] Discovery finished... no usable UPnP enabled routers found

(my bold)

So Larian, expecting people to have a router with the vulnerable UPnP port open to the world is imho a bad practice.

From GRC.Com ..

• About UPnP and what this means
  • Here's what you need to know about Universal Plug n' Play (UPnP):
  • UPnP has been provided and enabled by default in consumer Internet routers since 2002 or 2003.
  • Today, any home appliance — TV's, DVD players, game consoles, IP cameras, printers, fax machines, and you-name-it, includes support for UPnP.
  • UPnP is a “zero-authentication” (no passwords required) system for allowing networked devices to discover and easily connect with each other on a private local network.
  • Additionally, software such as Skype and BitTorrent, and gaming consoles, which wish to be “seen” on the Internet, are able to use UPnP to open “holes” through the protection normally provided by routers in order to allow “unsolicited” traffic to enter.
  • THE HUGE MISTAKE IS: No part of UPnP was EVER MEANT to be exposed to the EXTERNAL public Internet. It was only ever meant for private local control of devices and routers. Its exposure gives malicious hackers direct access to the inside of any exposed private network. It was a huge mistake for it ever to be exposed. Router manufacturers are at fault, but all they can do now is offer updated router firmware. Now that the mistake has been made, responsibility rests upon router owners to somehow eliminate that exposure.

Larian - If your game depends on this connection to get the data you need to refine how the game works, then going forward (and to help encourage good practices without people unwittingly assuming they need to enable this bad vulnerability again), you need to find another way of securely getting this data without potentially compromising users security.

9 hours ago, DayDreamer said:

The same price and bugs as any Bethesda release?

Past experience with Larian tells me their games are never as good as Bethesda's work, so, yeah, not paying $60 for it now, or at any time in the future. I will contentedly wait for a significant price drop on sale before I bite, and I'm not going to feed the paid beta testing monster regardless of how good the game might be.

Let the bug fixing commence :)

Early Access has had three hotfixes already,

https://baldursgate3.game/hotfix-1-the-journey-begins_12/

Patch Notes BG3 Hotfix #1 (version BG3 EA 4.1.83.3931)

Fixed a crash related to using rush-type actions
Fixed a crash related to the target camera
Fixed a crash in character creation
Fixed a crash during dialogs
Fixed overlapping items inside the inventory views
Fixed "Pickup" and "Pickup And Add To Wares" inside containers
Fixed a player assignment issue when someone would leave from a full multiplayer party. The leftover character can now be assigned correctly.
Fixed an issue with summons showing up as regular companions
Fixed an issue where players could not ready up when other players joined the lobby
Fixed being able to move immovable objects

https://baldursgate3.game/hotfix-2-after-the-storm_11/

Patch Notes BG3 Hotfix #2 (version BG3 EA 4.1.83.5246) 

• Fixed multiplayer combat connectivity issues 
  • Fixed a crash at the end of Early Access content while playing multiplayer
  • Fixed a crash when talking to Halsin in multiplayer
  • Fixed a crash when returning to main menu from a dialog
  • Fixed a crash when arriving in main menu related to corrupted savegames
  • Fixed a startup crash related to integrated graphics 

https://baldursgate3.game/hotfix-3-theft-death-hubris_13/

Fix for crash related to showing a move preview with an AoO when in combat.
Fix for crash related to surfaces requiring concentration. (GUS-149201)
Fix for crash related to drag and drop of items in the trade inventory.
Gale's Scroll of Resurrection is now correctly added to the player's inventory.

-----------------------------------------

and Patch#1 went live .. But there was a hiccup with save games so they will redeploy Patch#1 when that is fixed

Improvements:

• Added polish and bug fixes to several in-game cinematics, such as Shadow Heart recruitment, Astarion recruitment and Volo's Poem. (These will be ongoing throughout EA).
  • Added minor text tweaks to various bits and bobs.
  • Altered certain dialogue choices for different NPCs.
  • Added extra combat tutorial messages to better explain the basics (let us know how you get on).
  • Astarion no longer thinks Lae'zel inspected you at camp when she is not in your party. Quite rightly.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a crash related to having the level up screen open while in a dialog.
  • Fixed a crash related to dropping items from inventory.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could happen at the start of combat.
  • Fixed a possible blocking issue when using the transponder at the end of the tutorial twice.
  • Fixed black screen issue when ending tutorial if the transponder was used by any character that is not the main player avatar.
  • Fixed a possible blocking issue when reassigning characters to others players while in combat.
  • Fixed an issue with lip sync not working correctly.
  • Fixed several localization issues.
  • Fixed combat UI not updating correctly when someone joined during combat.
  • Fixed party shared gold and items not always working in dialog checks.
  • Fixed summons from NPC’s getting stuck in combat.
  • Fixed levelled up characters having duplicated racial and class features.
  • Fixed not being able to level up to level 4 on a Zariel Tiefling Cleric of Light due to cantrip selection.
  • Fixed text cut-off issues in several interfaces.
  • Fixed party members getting stuck trying to open doors they run past.
  • Fixed listening in to dialogs getting stuck in multiplayer, also causing players not being able to save.
  • Fixed camp button being broken after closing the camp window with escape key.
  • Fixed "end the day" multiplayer message being broken if a player closed it with an escape key.
  • Fixed certain quests not having map markers.
  • Fixed certain secret entrances incorrectly showing up on the map.
  • Fixed incorrect player portraits in the lobby screen as more people joined.
  • Fixed Cambion wings and Tiefling tail animations.
  • Fixed map not centering correctly on player characters in smaller subregions.
  • Fixed health values not being synced correctly to the Baldur's Gate 3 twitch extension.
  • Fixed superiority die not showing actual values when using abilities such as Menacing attack.
  • Fixed minor issues with hair, skinning and textures on several models.
  • Fixed lighting issue in owlbear cave.
  • Fixed not being able to walk over corpses.
  • Tweaked ragdolls to reduce the possibility of models exploding (or glitching. Idk how to explain it, but it’s spooky).

EDIT: This patch has been reverted while we investigate some game save issues! We'll redeploy once it's fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 4:46 PM, Jac said:

As much as I would like to play this, I think I'll wait until the full version is released before I buy it.

Probably best to wait at the moment, there are quite a lot of bugs to iron out, though nothing thats stopped me playing it so far its a very enjoyable game.

------------------

Patch #2 is public

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3010053344574121104/

Patch #3 is already in progress

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/

• 1 month later...

Patch 3 is public :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/2969524751697721454/

Improvements

• Improved character follower movement.
  • Added an option to hide your helmet in the equipment screen.
  • Added trajectory preview for force application when using spells.
  • All characters now correctly stop running when forced turn-based mode is activated.
  • Companions will now jump to follow the main player character.
  • Fixed and re-enabled Larian Cross Save between all platforms.
  • Assorted tweaks to companion approval ratings.
  • The Combat AI now accounts for falling from jumps.
  • Changed AI behaviour archetypes for the Boar, Intellect Devourer, and Tiny Spider.
  • Combat music no longer ends when a character joins combat.
  • Audio configuration now updates on selection of an option.
  • In multiplayer, other clients can now hear the dice roll events of a player in dialog.
  • Decluttered the hotbar UI by allowing selection of upcasted versions of spells with a separate widget.
  • Improved look of toggle-able Passives that can be added to the hotbar.
  • Improved some skill tooltips in Character Creation.
  • Added a tutorial for Inspiration points.
  • Cinematics: Adjusted emotions and lookats in certain areas.
  • Cinematics: Camera tweaks and lighting improvements in certain areas.
  • Cinematics: A large pass of improvements on emotions and attitudes.
  • Cinematics: Improved fade timings.
  • Cinematics: Improved blending between poses.
  • Any dialog associated with a mask will play before equipping it instead of after.
  • Jumping down a hole now teleports any following characters as well.
  • Overhauled the sheath/unsheath weapon logic for more consistent behaviour.
  • Experience is now awarded for avoiding combat and completing smaller side quests.
  • Added a new sound for rolling initiative in combat.

Balancing Changes

• Fire Bolt, Ray of Frost and Acid Splash no longer create surfaces on impact. Fire Bolt still ignites flammable surfaces, and Ray of Frost still freezes water and blood puddles. Fire Bolt's damage has been adjusted accordingly
  • Tweaked default ability distribution for Clerics and Rogues. Clerics start with more DEX to take advantage of medium armor; Rogues start with more INT to open them up for Arcane Trickster archetype.
  • It is no longer possible to perform infinite actions by moving in and out of a White Spore Cloud in a single turn; the status from a White Spore Cloud should now persist until the end of a character's turn.
  • Toned down camera shakes for spell prepare effects.
  • The Shatter spell now works properly with Sculpt Spells.
  • Melee Sneak Attack now requires a finesse weapon.
  • Invoke Duplicity now only works properly if the attacker is within 3m of the summon.
  • Surprised statuses can no longer stack.
  • Increased price of drow armor to 800 gp.
  • Allowed effects of multiple Hex spells to stack on the same character.
  • You can now use Dash while staying hidden (sneaking).
  • The party can now take 2 short rests per long rest.
  • The default action on a container's tooltips is now 'Open' instead of 'Pick up'.
  • Rebalanced difficulty of dialog skill checks.
  • Changed the melee skeleton's ability from Cleave to Slash to make it consistent with his weapon.
  • Fixed NPCs not reacting to Hunter's Mark as a hostile action.
  • Tweaked the AI archetypes of Goblins.

Performance and Stability

• Fixed not being able to load some saved games.
  • Reduced long save times - better thread planning for 4-core CPUs.
  • Improved stability of the Vulkan version.
  • Fixed a random crash when removing a character that has followers.
  • Fixed a random crash when switching weapon set while dual wielding.
  • Fixed a crash when deleting a lot of saved games.
  • Fixed a crash when lock-picking a heavy chest.
  • Fixed a random crash on passive roll fail.
  • Fixed a crash that can occur when items fall on top of each other.
  • Fixed a crash while loading, related to being in a jump state
  • Fixed a crash when looting several imp bodies in a sideroom in the tutorial.

Fixes

• Resolved a multitude of cinematic staging issues.
  • Fixed incorrect flow in some dialogues.
  • Characters can now walk to positions even if blocked by an invisible object.
  • Automatic pathfinding has been fixed for a few specific items.
  • A weapon that can't be dual wielded will now automatically be equipped by double-clicking on it.
  • All Passives should now display on the Character Sheet.
  • In combat, the chance-to-hit preview should now be correct — even if your character still needs to move.
  • AI melee archetypes now properly calculate damage done to allies and neutral characters. This should reduce unnecessary friendly fire when characters use any area-of-effect attacks or abilities.
  • Incantation sounds have been restored to some spells.
  • Summoned guards will now patrol an area before leaving it.
  • Some dialogs got stuck after being prompted with a Persuasion check roll - these have been fixed.
  • You can no longer switch weapon sets when casting a spell or moving to cast a spell.
  • After loading a saved game, quest markers should now correctly disappear when objectives change.
  • Added input delay to prevent spamming through roll states.
  • Fixed a desync issue where client characters would move back to their previous positions after a jump.
  • Journal notifications should no longer get stuck on the screen.
  • Fixed a bug where visuals wouldn't show up in the Examine window.
  • Fixed a bug where the player profile would not be created correctly when using specific characters in the profile name.
  • Profile switching now carries over any changes made to sound settings.
  • Fixed animation issues when applying statuses to NPCs in forced turn-based mode.
  • Doors that have been opened now look like they're open.
  • Scroll of Invisibility now costs the same as scrolls of other 2nd-level spells.
  • Armor of Agathys now correctly deals 10 cold damage when using a 2nd-level spell slot.
  • The Life Domain Cleric's version of Cure wounds now heals for 2d8 HP when using a 2nd-level spell slot.
  • Great Weapon Fighting no longer triggers on ranged weapon attacks.
  • When wielded two-handed, the quarterstaff now does 1d8 base damage instead of 1d6.
  • Dissonant Whispers now shows the correct damage values at 2nd-level.
  • The Mother's Loathing potion now lasts until rest (as stated in the tooltip).
  • Some broken healing potions no longer display as Superior versions.
  • When loading a game saved during turn-based mode (on an NPC's turn), characters now have all of their equipment properly equipped.
  • Characters will now take fall damage when hit by an Eldritch Blast with the Repelling Blast passive feature.
  • Faithbreaker's weapon action (Absolute Power) now correctly triggers a pushback.
  • No more UI overlap when 4 players recruit Lae'zel and Us in the tutorial.
  • Removed trade & attack buttons from Lae'zel's recruitment.
  • When recruiting Lae'zel, you can no longer gain double XP.
  • Harpies should now be able to reach more spots in combat.
  • Journal entry is now correct when players leave without fighting the harpies.
  • In the Thayan Cellar, skeletons now destroy their caskets when spawning.
  • Music should now play and transition more cleanly in the goblin camp.
  • Minthara no longer vanishes after asking certain questions.
  • The moon puzzle no longer flips the moons after rotating adjacent disks in succession.
  • The stats of the companion bear no longer have ten times the intended weight.
  • The dialogue with Ethel and Mayrina's brothers no longer ends early if you side with no one.
  • Fixed a bug preventing you from picking up the letter to Kagha.
  • Removed an incorrect music trigger in the swamp.
  • Lae'zel no longer refuses to speak after the encounter with the Githyanki at the bridge.
  • When entering the aura of a Sussur Bloom, spells are now correctly disabled in the hotbar.
  • More general quest fixes and flag check improvements to make the story experience smoother.
  • Flags fixed in Kagha's denouncement scene to prevent nearly-identical nodes from repeating.
  • Fixed a custom crime flag when clicking the goblins' beer tub to make sure the right dialogue appears.
  • Fixed quest-giving and journal flags in the Zhent's shipment situation.
  • Ensured Arabella dies when she's meant to.
  • Flow-blocker fixed in Anders' dialogue - it now correctly checks the right flags.
  • The Thayan undead now has idle behavior.
  • Flags added to add reactivity to Shadowheart's part of the Arabella court scene.
  • Edits to Lae'zel's recruitment flags in the plains to better account for the flow leading up to it.

• 5 months later...

Patch #4 has been out for a while I think, still early access

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3112521650142611520/

And patch #5 is getting ready to go experimental

Anyway heres Patch 4 notes, huge amount of changes, like the choice of dice roll mechanism so you can have it weighted or completely random

New

• Added the Druid class, with two unique subclasses - The Circle of the Moon and the Circle of the Land.
    -Circle of the Moon - Transformation is no problem for most Druids, but those who keep the ways of the moon gain the ability to morph into more powerful combative Wild Shapes - like the Polar Bear.
    -Circle of the Land - Keepers of the Old Faith, these Druids gain additional power based on the region and what type of geography they’re connected to.
  • Wild Shape:
    Embodying nature's adaptability, Druids can assume the shape of a host of distinct and potent creatures using the power of their magic. Oftentimes during Baldur's Gate 3's journey you'll be called upon by your party to destroy opponents. For such occasions, the Druid enlarges, gaining the killing form of a Dire Wolf or, in the case of Druids of the Circle of the Moon, a Polar Bear. Combat could also be affected if the Druid were to transform into a sinuous Spider, entrapping enemies in their sticky webbing. In traversing Faerun, the party may rely on their Druid to scout the surrounding countryside or cityscape as a Cat, from beneath as a Badger, or from the soaring skies as a Raven. Lastly, in truly desperate circumstances, the Druid may decide to embrace the tadpole - implanted in their brain by the Mind Flayers. In doing so, the Druid transforms into the mysterious Aberrant Shape, and reaps the terrible and powerful consequence.
    -Wild Shapes included: Deep Rothe, Dire Wolf, Badger, Spider, Polar Bear, Raven, Cat & an Aberrant Intellect Devourer form
  • Druidic Spells being added:
    -Entangle - Animate vines, weeds and creeping roots to snare and restrain your foes in a specific area.
    -Flame Blade - Summon a scimitar of flame, shedding bright light around you and swinging it to scorch enemies.
    -Moonbeam - Create a damaging pillar of radiant moonlight.
    -Produce Flame - Light dark areas with this flickering flame in your palm, illuminate torches, and immolate patches of flammable liquid.
    -Shillelagh - When more powerful spells fail the Druid, this Cantrip imbues a melee weapon like a club or staff with glowing energy and makes it hit much harder.
    -Thorn Whip - This prickly vine lasso cuts your enemies and yanks them closer to you.
    -Barkskin - The Druid turns their skin, or an ally’s, as hard as the bole of an oak tree.
    -Destroy Water - Remove damaging fog or hazardous puddles in your path.
    -Enhance Ability - Give an ally or yourself Bear’s Endurance, Bull’s Strength, Cat’s Grace, Eagle’s Splendor, Fox’s Cunning or Owl’s Wisdom.
    -Flaming Sphere - A ball of fire that sticks around, Druid’s can keep this blazing orb rolling into the path of their foes.
    -Goodberry - These berries grant some healing that can be carried in your inventory or eaten right away.
    -Heat Metal - Superheating metal can have harmful - or even deadly - effects, especially if an opponent of yours is wearing that metal.
    -Protection From Poison - This spell neutralises toxins in the blood and also acts as a silver bullet against all known forms of poison.
    -Spike Growth - Druids can transform nearby terrain into a nest of barbs that slows and damages their foes.
  • Added reactivity for Druids
    -Additional paths in multiple dialogues that reflect your druidic training and history.
    -There are now big additions to the Druids grove, where Druid players can gain additional options and insights into the activities and challenges there.
    -Gain powerful new magic items and depending on your actions become the Faithwarden.
    -New reactivity and options for talking to animals while in a Wild shape form.
  • Rebuilt and refined combat encounters. Druid NPC’s are now true druids; following the same ruleset as the player character. All potential combats within the Druid’s Grove have been rebuilt to reflect the new abilities and spells these NPC’s can use.

Improvements:

• Dice rolls are now weighted to avoid streaks of success or failure. This affects attack rolls and saving throws, as well as active rolls within dialogues.
  • Updated speak with dead cinematic dialogs with VFX and animations.
  • Added more polish to overall cinematics.
  • Added a dedicated button that allows party members to escape a combat encounter. To use it, a character needs to be 27m away from the nearest enemy.
  • Several new custom animations were added for animals during cinematic scenes.
  • NPCs now react more aggressively when being attacked by summoned creatures.
  • Added Razer Chroma support.
  • Improved lighting in several key locations and in specific cutscenes.
  • Split large pak files into smaller chunks. This will allow future patches to be smaller in download and install size. This does mean that this patch will be a much larger initial download.
  • Reskinned several interface screens:
    -Character Tooltips
    -Main Menu and Profile Menu
    -Surface and cloud tooltips
    -Death saving throw
    -Container UIs
    -Notifications
  • Improved performance in the Options UI and restructured it.
  • Improved pathfinding around other characters.
  • Gith now have proper Gith weapons.
  • The Flaming Fist now have a shield with their coat of arms.
  • Improved navigation around the village windmill.
  • Added Cross Play through direct connect with Mac version.

Usability:

• Made trading and bartering prices clearer, showing both the original value and adjusted trade price in the item tooltips.
  • Added tooltips to conditions in the combat log.
  • Players can now disable traps by double-clicking on them if they have a trap disarm toolkit.
  • Players can now see all other players' inventories in multiplayer.
  • In combat, your current player character will be outlined in blue if it's not their turn
  • Added support to drag-and-drop attackable items.
  • “Show on Map” in the journal will now centre the map on the selected quest marker.
  • Fixed not being able to correctly see the updated state of Steam Cloud savegames.
  • Long rest is now applied to all recruited characters, not just current party members.
  • In multiplayer, made selecting characters with F1 through F4 more intuitive for clients.

Balancing Changes:

• Locked Selûne’s fort supply room door. The key can now be found in <REDACTED>
  • Removed bonus action costs from herbs and mushrooms.
  • Bumped Devil's Sight to 24m to match Superior Darkvision.
  • Added Searing Smite to Zariel tieflings at level 3.
  • Stinking Cloud no longer affects items.
  • Metal doors are no longer vulnerable to slashing damage.
  • You can now apply multiple Hunter’s Marks to targets.
  • Damage against resistance now deals a minimum of 1.
  • Hellish Rebuke can no longer be blocked by terrain.
  • Allowed Dash to double stack.
  • Level 2 Jump no longer costs a level 2 spell slot.
  • Removed cooldown from Dash and Disengage.
  • Witch Bolt now electrifies any surfaces the target is standing in.
  • Devil Sight now grants immunity to the Blinded condition from darkness,
  • Can no longer use Armour of Shadows with armour equipped,
  • Players can no longer summon a companion or a familiar on top of another character,
  • Sunwalker's Gift now gifts Darkvision,
  • Arcane Ward now gives 2 times wizard level + intelligence modifier temp HP.
  • Hook Horror can now be silenced.
  • Improved Harpy flight and casting.
  • Sazza is now tougher.
  • Ogres can now target enemies on the wall with their javelin.
  • Using nautiloid restoration item now uses an action point.
  • Colossus Slayer now properly only triggers when target is not at full health.
  • Level 2 Charm Person is now an AOE spell that targets up to 2 creatures.
  • Fire surface created by fallen chandelier now disappears after a while.
  • Mindflayer's Enthrall is now bound by concentration.
  • Imps and Quasit now have Darkvision
  • Increased Phase Spider Queen weight (to large creature)
  • Improved consistency of all Phase Spider bites.
  • Imps drop light crossbows instead of heavy ones.
  • Created specific treasure for the Bulette.
  • Decreased amount of water around Wood Woads, moved NPCs behind the tree, and reduced mud surfaces.
  • Reduce weight of Scale Mail

Stability:

• Fixed a crash related to sound events.
  • Fixed a crash when reloading several times in a row after autosaving.
  • Fixed a crash related to a long rest getting interrupted.
  • Fixed a rare crash when triggering a follower jump shortly after adding a summon.
  • Fixed a crash related to AI logic not having enemy targets to select from.
  • Fixed a crash when saving in between requesting a roll and it completing.
  • Fixed a crash related to saving right after a summon killed a character.
  • Fixed a crash when killing multiple entities in the same frame.
  • Fixed a crash in multiplayer when trying to access a character that's being destroyed.
  • Fixed a crash when having a dismissed/dead familiar in the Examine panel.
  • Fixed a crash when a summon kills Gale.
  • Fixed a crash when loading a game while triggering traps.
  • Fixed a crash when clicking on “Personal Gold Carried”.
  • Fixed a crash when swapping characters during dialogue.
  • Fixed a crash on closing the inventory with context menu still open.
  • Fixed a crash when a party member leaves the party while the player is still dragging their portrait.
  • Fixed a crash when swapping to another party member after giving Mayrina away to Auntie Ethel.
  • Fixed a crash related to joining surfaces.
  • Fixed a rare crash in multiplayer when loading into the tutorial.
  • Fixed a rare crash when players would initiate resting at camp.
  • Fixed a crash related to multiplayer and multiple summons.
  • Fixed a crash related to projectiles and movable objects.

Fixes:

• Fixed several issues with (incorrectly) targeting invisible characters.
  • Fixed projectiles not hitting invisible characters.
  • Fixed spell casting requirements not always being checked when casting a spell from an item.
  • It’s now possible to self-cast spells when invisible.
  • Fixed equipment colours changing when invisibility ends.
  • Fixed not being able to take all equipment from corpses.
  • Fixed not being able to drag items from a corpse into the world.
  • Fixed picking up items from containers not breaking invisibility.
  • Fixed being able to see sneaking circle when a target is invisible.
  • Fixed invisible characters not being capable of detecting sneaking characters.
  • Fixed passives from previous levels disappearing from hotbar on level up.
  • Fixed summons incorrectly receiving XP and levelling up in the background.
  • Fixed summons sometimes blocking short rest.
  • Fixed summons being able to initiate and participate in certain dialogues.
  • Fixed approval rating incorrectly appearing for your main player avatar.
  • Fixed sometimes getting stuck in long rest in multiplayer.
  • Fixed followers sometimes jumping on moving platforms and missing jumps.
  • During combat, downed characters now skip their turns at the front of the group.
  • Fixed some characters automatically opening doors that aren't on their path.
  • Fixed Undead Guardians moving when it's not their turn.
  • Fixed characters standing too far away after melee attacks, so that their attacks of opportunity would not trigger.
  • Fixed some thrown objects not doing any damage.
  • Fixed a camera sharing view problem when levelling up a party member at the wrong time, causing the screen to flicker.
  • Fixed some enemies not being properly surprised when attacking from stealth.
  • Fixed combat not ending when only invisible enemies remain.
  • Fixed slow combat AI when using spells next to groups of exploding items.
  • Fixed combat being stuck when the player tries to run away from the bulette while being in a prone state.
  • Fixed several text issues with tooltips.
  • Fixed misleading calculations in combat log for skill checks.
  • Fixed spells and action tooltips in the combat log.
  • Fixed several translated strings being cut off.
  • Fixed an issue that caused "Can't Reach Destination" error messages at valid positions.
  • Fixed force attack (using CTRL and hovering over targets) getting lower priority than most other actions.
  • When pathfinding,characters will no longer check for dangerous surfaces on different floors.
  • Color changing in character creation no longer reloads the entire model.
  • Fixed Warlock and Ranger level up passives selection issue.
  • Fixed swapping control of characters during combat resulting in followers being unable to end their turn.
  • Fixed characters standing on top of nearby objects when standing too close to them after loading
  • Fixed not being able to progress when the player denounces Kagha. Nettie will now remain in her default state correctly.
  • Added crime behaviors for Myconids.
  • Fixed several item names.
  • Fixed javelin attack roll type.
  • Player characters controlled by AI will no longer use dip spell.
  • Frog can now use Reflective Mucous more than once.
  • Frog won't use Reflective Mucous when buff is already active.
  • Raiding Party Gloves trigger on damage now (not attack).
  • Rally no longer targets the caster.
  • False Life no longer affects nearby characters.
  • Can no longer cast Speak with Dead in combat.
  • Hold Person is now considered a hostile spell.
  • Fixed Thunderwave scroll.
  • Fixed some classes' missing weapon proficiencies.
  • Fixed Weapon Master feat missing some weapon proficiencies.
  • Removed Detect Thoughts from Magic Initiate: Warlock spell list.
  • Fixed Raven's beak attack icon
  • Made gas pits in the Dank Crypt invulnerable.
  • Blast mine in the Chapel can no longer be moved.
  • Spiders will no longer regard web surfaces as difficult terrain.
  • Added Selûne's Seal status icon.
  • Sitting status now has an icon.
  • Fixed Crippling Pinch spell description and icon.
  • Added Bugbear Assassin sneaking icon.
  • Fixed combat fallback dialogue; spiders no longer "roar".
  • Mud Mephits no longer perform ranged attacks of opportunity.
  • Wood Woads properly heal from twisted vine surfaces.
  • Fixed Wood Woad mace visuals
  • Addled Frog will no longer hurt itself jumping.
  • NPCs can no longer cast Smash and Slash more than once per fight.
  • Fixed not being able to see in the dark on certain characters when using the Darkvision spell.
  • Fixed an issue with NPCs not being able to pass through certain doors.
  • Fixed characters sleeping right next to their beds on the floor.
  • Fixed surfaces not updating correctly during turn ticks, causing issues like NPCs not taking fire damage in certain cases.
  • Fixed characters getting stuck in the prone condition when shoved off objects in Force Turn-Based mode.
  • Fixed being stuck in Force Turn-Based mode after saving Benryn.
  • Force Turn-Based mode is cancelled when entering long rest and is now blocked during rest.
  • Spell containers now also get greyed out on the hotbar when all spells within are unavailable.
  • Fixed an issue with poor character members. Trading when having 0 gold now behaves correctly when pressing the balance gold button.
  • Fixed Life Cleric's Bless only affecting 3 characters instead of 4 when upcast at spell level 2.
  • Chill Touch now properly applies Disadvantage.
  • Fixed Mage Armour stacking with shield.
  • Fixed Level 2 Ensnaring Strike not dealing damage.
  • Magic Initiate spells now use correct modifier to calculate saving throw difficulty check
  • Fixed several nodes in camp related to Astarion’s reactions to events.
  • Updated text of Halsin's Shadowcursed research journal to remove references to killing Isobel.
  • Volo now reacts correctly when you save him.
  • Added and updated several crime reactionary behaviors.
  • Fixed several looping dialogues and incorrect greeting nodes.
  • Fixed several timing issues with Lae’zel’s recruitment dialogue.
  • Fixed glowing bulbs not having a destruction effect.
  • Added glowing effect to certain potions and flasks.
  • Sharp-Eye now pees from the correct bodily area (previously too high up).
  • Added more destruction VFX to several items.
  • Fixed a flickering issue with Gale’s aura when he dies.
  • Updated blood, water, oil and ooze footsteps visuals to better match each other.
  • Fixed positioning of the temporary hit point gauge.
  • Fixed incorrect number of movement points in the hotbar tooltip.
  • Fixed recurring Inspiration Point notifications when recruiting a new character or summoning a familiar.
  • Fixed visibility of dead characters in some UI panels.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not swap characters during trade after selecting a dead party member.
  • Fixed an issue with the target UI when cancelling a ranged attack
  • Fixed misaligned icons when dragging them.
  • Fixed incorrect selection when creating a new profile.
  • Fixed being able to permanently remove common actions from the hotbar.
  • Fixed a misalignment issue with the inventory background in multiplayer.
  • Fixed being able to open multiple spell level selection windows and not being able to close them.
  • Fixed level 2 spells not greying out when there are no available level 2 slots.
  • Fixed temporary HP being reset after loading.
  • Fixed lockpick progress bar not disappearing when the action is cancelled.
  • Fixed UI panels getting stuck when rapidly switching between them.
  • Fixed Strength requirement not being checked when equipping items or moving them to characters' inventories.
  • Fixed solo characters not having access to the Sort button in the inventory.
  • Fixed cut-off text in the "Current Game" details in the main menu.
  • Fixed Pickpocket text action displaying debug text.
  • Fixed Party level filter incorrectly going up to 25+ in the lobby.
  • Fixed being able to make save game files with illegal characters.
  • Fixed Armour Class stat going to 0 when previewing items.
  • Fixed bonuses to skills not appearing correctly in the character sheet.
  • Fixed bonuses not being updated when dragging items between characters.
  • Fixed sometimes getting a second confirmation box that asks if you want to go to bed in camp.
  • Fixed an issue where swapping players would disable all End Turn buttons when only having a summon in the turn order bar.
  • Fixed “Us” not having its Claw attack in the hotbar.
  • Fixed goblin kids not reacting to shoving the dead adventurer's corpse.
  • Fixed not being able to steal the antidote after Nettie poisons you.
  • Fixed Nettie being hostile after the player saved the grove.
  • Stealing the owlbear egg now results in the mother owlbear being killed by goblins.
  • Fixed Brynna and Andrick disappearing immediately upon dismissing and attacking them through Force Turn-Based mode.
  • Fixed several issues with Abdirak trying to start the penance scene.
  • Fixed Nymessa and Damays not responding in the event that Laezel dies while caged.
  • Fixed minor flow issues with Lae’zel’s recruitment dialogue.
  • Goblins at the goblin checkpoint now become hostile if the festivities area goes hostile.
  • Fixed an issue with returning from camp to difficult to reach locations, sometimes resulting in full party death.
  • Fixed being able to interrogate Fezzerk when he’s dead.
  • Fixed not being able to give Gale magic items while he's in camp.
  • Fixed being able to summon many Connors (undead from Second Marriage wand).
  • Fixed savegames at the start of the Zhent hideout causing the hideout characters to be aggressive to the player.
  • The masks no longer attack the player if the Hag is already dead.
  • Fixed the moon puzzle half moon symbols sometimes flipping as they rotate.
  • Fixed NPC reactions to killing Brem and other Zhent.
  • Fixed Gale no longer being recruitable after an initial refusal.
  • The hag’s masked victims now die if you remove their masks while they are still alive.
  • Fixed Ethel not starting combat if the player skips past her to her initial ambush range.
  • Fixed being able to shove Magro, leaving her head hanging in the air.
  • Fixed breaking the Bitter Divorce quest not updating the journal
  • Prevented Auntie Ethel from appearing in her lair if she's already dead.
  • Updated several outdated journal entries.
  • Fixed Sazza being reported as killed while she is still alive, after shoving the goblins into the spider pit.
  • Fixed an issue where the Myconid Circle would immediately turn hostile to players upon seeing Glut.
  • Fixed Lae'zel being hostile against the player even after choosing to attack the tieflings.
  • Improvements on Speak With Dead sounds to support new VFXs.
  • Fixed a bug that caused overhead dialogue to loop endlessly.
  • In multiplayer, you now don't hear other player sounds of leveling up or gaining personal XP.
  • Master volume now controls the volume of CGI videos as well.
  • New music track plays while resting in the camp.
  • Wood Woad should now creak and groan like a good sapling.
  • More sound objects for cinematics for a better 3D audio experience.
  • Fixed item drag-and-drop sounds being played in movement preview.
  • Fixed equip and unequip UI sounds from NPCs being heard.
  • Added missing sound events for certain containers.
  • Fixed sounds not playing correctly when picking up items similar to other items already in your inventory.
  • Fixed certain destruction sounds not playing correctly.
  • Camp music will now play correctly after loading a game and going straight to camp.
  • Fixed placement of several smaller sceneries and items to reduce pathfinding issues.
  • Fixed physics issues on village house roofs.
  • Baelan’s wig was removed, and he is now correctly bald, as stated in Derryth’s dialogue.
  • Fixed circlets not fitting correctly on Githyanki heads.
  • Added new icons and updated several existing ones for statuses, spells and tooltips.
  • Fixed some portraits of NPC’s not being centered correctly.
  • Fixed not being able to shove characters off the skiffs in the Underdark. Happy shoving!
  • Fixed several instances of helmet hair (hair disappearing in spots it should not, when equipping helmets on specific characters).
  • Fixed an issue with fire bowls not falling down after shooting the hinge.
  • Fixed missing tails on cambions.
  • Made it harder to accidentally jump off the ship in Avernus.
  • Added correct dog collar model.
  • Fixed several minor clipping issues.
  • Fixed a few item destruction models.

This is going to be a really good game once it is finished.. I'm kind of holding off for now until completion because my last roll got nuked when an update rendered my save games incompatible.

Yeah, looking forward to it myself but not gonna pay full price for a working beta either :P

• Like 2

Yep I'm mostly just noting the changes for now, just about finished all there is to do in the limited Act 1 (except I have not gone around with a different character, saving that for the full release which will make it a bit of a new experience), submitted a lot of bug reports which have been addressed, so now waiting for a bigger release before starting again after my save gets the boot.

Really enjoyed the game and its mechanics so far.

• 1 month later...

Still Early Access, but Patch #5 is public, huge fix list

https://baldursgate3.game/news/patch-5_38

IMPROVEMENTS and ADDITIONS

• Added new scenes expanding on Shadowheart's mysterious artefact.
  • Added new recruitment scenes with Shadowheart.
  • Additional reactivity from Shadowheart when she approves of you.
  • Added new camp scene with Scratch and the owlbear cub.
  • Added Point and Click character responses.
  • Added 12 new magic items in loot and quest rewards.
  • Revised active roll UI during dialogue. This includes improved displaying of bonuses and double dice for rolling with Advantage or Disadvantage.
  • You can now use spells and items to increase chances when rolling during dialogue (including your companions' spells and items).
  • Picking locks and disarming traps are now active rolls.
  • Added a new Disengage action that allows you to avoid provoking Attacks of Opportunity.
  • Adding an item during Bartering will automatically equalise the gold on both sides.
  • Added a way to cancel concentration from the concentration indicator.
  • You can now pin most tooltips to hover over additional terms... for more tooltips.
  • Increased the line limit in the dialogue history window.
  • You can now save while leveling up.
  • Added unique visual effects for class-specific spells.
  • Added new icons for spells, statuses and items.
  • Added dozens of new interactable items, expanding on the lore and background of the world.
  • Revamped visuals for spells used by multiple classes to create more cohesion with Class-specific spells.
  • Properly indicate when an action is fully free (does not count as a full or bonus action in combat).
  • Added a tooltip for surfaces in combat log entries.
  • Added better feedback on saving throws.
  • Added feedback to clarify why casting a spell at a target is impossible.
  • NPCs have new reactions when they're unable to talk to you.
  • Updated assorted spell, item, status, and book descriptions.
  • Cinematics
    • Cinematic character emotions.
    • Camera choice and motion.
    • Cinematic VFX.
    • Improved cinematic motion when characters look around.
    • Improved cinematic behaviour involving objects.
    • Introduced a cinematic visual for 'The Mark of the Absolute'.
  • Animations
    • Updated Worg model and its climbing animations.
    • Added Crab and Spider climbing animations.
    • Added Stave animations for Goblins.
    • Improved Mind Flayer animations.
    • Improved Human running and idle animations.
  • Audio
    • Characters now have semi-procedural armour sounds during cinematics that follow their movements.
    • Creatures now have jumping vocalisations.
    • Added new ambient sounds and music to camps.
    • Explosions - bigger booms, louder braaams.
    • Impacts and gore - combat actions are more nuanced and represented much more 'close-up'.
    • Item Destruction - all new debris system to increase realism.
    • Added sound feedback when Moon Puzzle is solved.
    • New UI sounds.
    • More detailed cinematic sounds.
    • Remastered Spell Vocals.
    • Multi Output - You can now choose your audio device to tailor a better audio experience.
    • Midnight Mode - A dedicated mix to avoid disturbing people around you.
  • Multiplayer
    • Added multiplayer support for local ready checks if other party members are not nearby.
    • A warning is now shown when trying to talk to another player's followers.
    • Added additional feedback when connecting to a lobby.
    • You can now lock your inventory in a multiplayer game.

APPLE M1 SPECIFIC

• Users playing BG3 on an M1 machine now have the option to run the game at a higher performance via ARM64. Please be aware, ARM64 is not yet supported by Steam. Steam integration and cross-saves are currently only available via Rosetta.

For Larian Forums: Please be aware, ARM64 is not yet supported by Steam or GOG Galaxy. Steam and GOG Galaxy integration and cross-saves are currently only available via Rosetta.

BALANCE and GAMEPLAY

• General
    • Food can no longer be consumed for immediate healing. Instead, they provide Camp Supplies that are used to take a full long rest (it's possible to take a partial long rest without using camp supplies that restores up to half of HP and resources).
    • Jumping now provokes Attacks of Opportunity.
    • Throwing distance is now influenced by the weight of the thrown object .
    • Shove distance is now based on the target's weight and the caster's Strength.
    • The Knock Out action has been removed. Instead, you can toggle a passive feature called Non-Lethal Attacks to enable the same effect for any melee attacks.
    • Encumbrance now has three levels of severity. Players at maximum encumbrance can no longer perform certain actions.
    • Backstabbing characters no longer provides Advantage on attack.
    • The Prone condition now inflicts disadvantage on Strength and Dexterity saving throws instead of imposing guaranteed failure.
    • Conjured familiars no longer leave blood when they are unsummoned.
    • Added XP rewards for achieving background goals.
    • Removed HP from light source objects.
    • The Hermit and Sailor backgrounds are taking a break.
    • Added Hellish Rebuke to Asmodeus Tieflings.
    • Dark One's Blessing now provides at least 1 temporary HP.
    • Faerie Fire now ignores allies with the Sculpt Spells feature.
    • Shield Master can now be activated only once per turn. 
    • Added an AC bonus to the Dual Wielder feat.
    • Druids in wild shapes can no longer cast verbal spells while Silenced.
    • Boars, Crabs, Intellect Devourers, and Spiders now react to non-damaging magic.
    • Spiders are no longer immune to fall damage.
    • Humanoid races and creatures now attack their target higher and lower depending on the terrain.
    • NPCs now keep an eye on players for a while after letting them go with a warning.
    • NPCs will no longer recognise you when shapeshifting after escaping prison, UNLESS there were witnesses.
    • Guard reinforcements can now include more than one guard.
    • NPCs now treat killing allied beasts the same as murdering one of their friends.
    • Knocked out NPCs will disappear after the next long rest.

• Nautiloid
    • 'Us' will now leave the party if attacked in its recruitment dialogue.
    • Flaming Sword can now be looted from Commander Zhalk.

• Ravaged Beach
    • Shadowheart no longer enters combat with the Intellect Devourers if you don't recruit her.

• Overgrown Ruins
    • Increased XP when persuading the bandits at the chapel to leave.
    • Added XP reward for scaring the bandits outside the chapel.
    • Increased area in which player characters will join the cinematic of the skeletons rising in the chapel.
    • Added banters between Gimblebock and Taman.

• Druid Grove
    • Made NPC behaviour more reactive during Wyll's recruitment.
    • Improved wandering behaviour of the grove squirrel.
    • If any of the 5 druids performing the ritual die or become Silenced, druids will initiate their attack (no more sniping them!).
    • Druids won't initiate their attack on the tieflings if they get into a combat against the harpy or other hostile creatures.
    • Harpies now start singing before combat starts.

• Blighted Village
    • True Soul Edowin now immediately bleeds to death if Novices Andrick and Brynna are killed in one shot before the situation has been resolved.
    • Removed die roll to free Barcus Wroot if there's no consequence for failure.
    • Barcus Wroot is now more insistent in his cries for help.
    • Added a player voice bark when returning to Owlbear Cave after certain conditions.

• Goblin Camp
    • Added a new status effect as a reward for the Rite of Loviatar: When you have 30% or less hit points, you get +2 bonus on attack rolls and wisdom saving throws.
    • Backup Goblins for Goblin Checkpoint now have the 'Slightly Drunk' condition.
    • Provided sleeping drunkards with better behaviour if player avoids combat.
    • Added reactions to the Goblins if someone kills the Scrying Eye.
    • Novices Andrick and Brynna now have more dialogue reactivity in the Goblin Camp.
    • Made Gribbo more reactive to interruptions when following Volo to his cage . Gribbo now also follows Volo more closely.
    • Failing to get out of chains in certain ways will now inflict pain.
    • Completing the Rite of Loviatar no longer rewards Inspiration Points, but a unique status effect instead.
    • Priestess Gut can no longer detect invisible or stealthed characters during certain interactions.

• Swamp
    • Redistributed exploration XP.
    • Using Auntie Ethel's charm grants all 6 effects from Enhanced Abilities until a long rest: Bear's Endurance, Bear's Strength, Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendor, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom.
    • Visually improved the appearance and disappearance of Auntie Ethel's doubles.

• The Risen Road
    • The githyanki may now search Lae'zel's corpse if she's left behind and dies at the githyanki patrol.

• Underdark
    • After revealing Gekh and his allies, they will not start dialogue until you approach the raft (the same behaviour as when Gekh is hidden).
    • Reduced Baelen's HP.
    • Items in the Whispering Depths hideout no longer trigger Web Sense.

• Camp
    • Added Forced Rest after Goblin Celebration Victory.
    • The Talkative Skeleton can't get knocked out anymore.
    • The Talkative Skeleton's arrival appearance now plays for Silenced characters.
    • The Shadowheart ultimatum scene has been replaced with a new scene in the Goblin camp.
    • Tweaked Shadowheart's acknowledgement of Selûne-worshipping players.

COMBAT CHANGES

• General
  • NPCs now have similar basic actions to those of the player.
    • Most Humanoids now have access to Dash, Jump, Throw, Shove.
    • Most other creatures now have access to Dash.
  • NPCs will now only use Slash and Smash once per fight.
  • NPCs now only receive weapon actions like Cleave and Slash if they've equipped the corresponding weapon.
  • Bugbears, Ogres, and certain Goblins now have ranged spells, allowing them to attack from range if nothing else is available.
  • When difficult terrain prevents an enemy from making a melee attack, it will try a ranged attack.
  • Disarmed characters now look for replacement weapons. Most NPCs have their own preferences.
  • AI now supports basic resource planning, allowing characters to better reason about spells that grant more resources (like Dash and Action Surge) .
  • AI now reasons better about effects that give bonuses to rolls.
  • AI now understands aura effects (e.g. Silence, Gale's Necrotic aura, Flaming Sphere etc.).
  • AI now reasons better about overlapping crowd control statuses (e.g. casting Blind on a sleeping target).
  • AI is now less willing to damage allies to remove effects such as Sleep.
  • Less intelligent creatures (imps, beasts, etc.) will no longer destroy items for their secondary effects (e.g.  destroying a barrel to cause an explosion to nearby enemies).
  • Added AI archetypes for Ogres and Zombies.
  • Adjusted how willing the AI is to target summons (more for beasts/creatures, less for humanoids).
  • AI now reasons better about the Prone condition and difficult terrain.
  • AI is now less biased towards targeting enemies it's already attacked, or attacking a target that attacked them.
  • Gave certain NPC archers secondary melee weapons in case they get disarmed or cornered.
  • Rebalanced wolf companion attacks to be more in line with other companions.
  • NPCs can now throw healing potions at allies in order to heal them (if they have the Throw action).
  • Movement speed adjusted for certain NPC races to be consistent with player characters.
    • Dwarf, Gnome, Duergar, and Halfling Movement Speed reduced from 9 to 7.5 units. 
    • Wood Elf Movement Speed  reduced from 10.5 fto 9 units.
  • Enemies now use portals.
  • Added climbable cobwebs in the Abandoned Outpost and the Shattered Temple's spider pit.
  • NPCs will now try to avoid electrified steam clouds.
  • Made candles and candelabras moveable where applicable.
  • Removed Multiattack from Minotaurs and all humanoids under level 5 It was a bit much.
  • AI now tries to avoid ending turns on ledges that may cause their feet to visually float off of the ground.
  • Added saving throw proficiencies for humanoid NPCs at level 4 and 6, as per player classes.
  • Adjusted Duergar's Enlarge spell to be more consistent with the spell version.
  • Spider Infestation status no longer damages players in Spider Wildshape.

• Nautiloid
    • Fixed some enemies still being able to land critical hits - it's the tutorial, come on.
    • Nautiloid Imps can no longer use their weapon skills.

• Ravaged Beach
    • Tweaked unnatural-looking rubble around the starting beach.
    • The Stranded Fishers trying to dig out the mind flayer now have dedicated weapons (weaker, makeshift versions of a bow and crossbow).

• Overgrown Ruins
    • Minor tweaks to the Bandits at the chapel exterior.

• Druid Grove
    • Using Silence on a singing harpy will now make her stop singing.
    • Reduced the number of druids to fight when siding with the goblins in the Grove massacre.
    • Goblin Sappers now are actually slowed down by the barrels on their backs. 
    • Made sure Mud Mephits aren't actually afraid of mud.

• Blighted Village
    • The tree no longer blocks projectiles.
    • Made the area around the Rooftops Ambush easier to navigate.

• Goblin Camp
    • The Disheveled Chicken no longer forces sneaking characters to make Stealth checks.
    • Added holes for goblins to navigate the several levels of the Goblin Camp more easily.
    • Slightly increased the damage of the Coal Baskets in the Shattered Sanctum and added a knockback effect when the baskets fall.
    • Minthara's area has been redecorated to suit new level design.
    • Slightly moved a vase in the Goblin Camp that was blocking war drums.
    • Reduced HP of the Shaky Metal Grate in the Worg Pens.
    • Priestess Gut will now only use her tadpoles power once per combat.
    • Priestess Gut no longer uses The Absolute's Hand on a statue if it will fall on her.
    • You can now manually destroy the main room's statues in Priestess Gut's quarters.

• Swamp Redcaps
    • Changed one of the Redcaps into a Blood Sage
    • Bloodlust changes: 
      • Now costs 1 Action instead of a Bonus Action.
      • Now requires concentration.
      • Duration increased from 3 to 5 turns.
      • Can only be cast once per combat (was 4-6 Recharge).
    • Ironbound Pursuit changes:
      • Recharge now 6 (was 4-6).
      • Damage reduced from 3d10+4 to 3d8+4.
    • The Open Wounds Bleed effect of Redcap Blood Sages has been reduced from 4 rounds to 2 rounds. Now also flagged as a magical spell.

• Owlbear Cave
    • You can now walk through the Owlbear's broken eggs.
    • Owlbear should now get stuck in the level design a lot less.
    • Made the Owlbear encounter slightly easier.

• The Risen Road
    • Increased the Dying Hyena's HP from 5 to 7.
    • Increased the Healthy Hyena's HP from 5 to 8.
    • Gnolls will not unnecessarily sheathe or unsheathe their weapons while casting spells anymore.
    • Improved navigation around the Flind's combat area. You can now walk through viscera.
    • The Flind can now shoot a bow at its targets if she cannot reach them. She also has cool hair now.
    • Made navigation in the tollhouse easier by expanding the upper walkway, creating an opening in a wall, and making a platform climbable.
    • Added a firebowl rope, hinge, bowl to the tollhouse.
    • Changed pressure plate visuals in the trapped corridor in the Zhentarim Dungeon.
    • Increased HP for all Githyanki characters in the githyanki patrol.
    • Created Gith-specific weaponry & armor.
    • Gave Githyanki characters proficiency in their equipped weapons.
    • Removed Preserve Life from Gauntlet Dain.

• Underdark
    • Servants of Boooal
      • Reduced chance to apply Bleeding.
      • Bleeding duration reduced from 2 rounds to 1 round.
    • Various smaller tweaks and fixes to the myconid combats.
    • Revamped Myconid action distribution and names. It's now easier to understand which Myconid does what in battle.
    • Reworked Gekh Coal's Animate Dead spell to be more consistent with future spells and less bug prone.
    • Tweaked the Kuo Toa fight to make the encounter a bit easier and fixed a few minor issues.
    • Spectator will now cast Wounding Ray on Frightened targets.

BUGFIXES

• Stability
    • Fixed a crash related to Minotaurs using a specific skill.
    • Fixed a crash related to the Harpy fight.
    • Fixed a crash when destroying a Nautiloid tank.
    • Fixed a crash related to loading a savegame that is still being downloaded through Cross Saves.
    • Fixed a crash that could happen when shooting the brine bulbs on the Nautiloid.
    • Fixed a crash on startup on specific lower spec devices.
    • Fixed a crash when loading a savegame from character creation.
    • Fixed a crash when a player joins the host while loading a savegame.
    • Fixed a crash when knocking out specific characters with a shield equipped.
    • Fixed a crash when loading into the Beach crash site after escaping the Nautiloid

• Companions
    • Companions now have accurate journal entries when they become hostile and leave the party.
    • Fixed a bug with Astarion not being killed / exiled after a certain camp night.
    • Fixed Astarion making certain comments while Downed.
    • Fixed a reflection dialogue about protecting Astarion from Gur Hunter not launching after the dialogue with the Hunter is over.
    • Fixed a reflection dialogue about Astarion not launching after a certain camp night.
    • Fixed Gale receiving extra XP when hired.
    • Fixed some dialogue and camp behaviour issues with Lae'zel related to her leaving the party at the githyanki patrol.
    • Fixed Lae'zel's recruitment dialogue not starting after Nymessa and Damays failed to join a combat against the chapel bandits.
    • Shadowheart now reacts properly to Lae'zel in the druid grove.
    • Fixed an issue with Shadowheart being stuck after her recruitment at the beach.
    • When controlled by the AI, Shadowheart now properly uses her melee weapon and closes distance with enemies.
    • Fixed Wyll's unconscious origin moments with Fezzerk.

• Spells
    • Fixed Arrow of Fire and Alchemist's Fire not burning spiderweb bridges.
    • Fixed Bless spell blessing everyone in range instead of the correct maximum amount of targets.
    • Fixed being able to cast Charm Person on yourself.
    • Fixed not being able to cast Charm Person Level 2 directly at allies (the AOE will still not target allies).
    • Fixed Create Water spell granted by Rain Dancer weapon counting towards prepared spells limit.
    • Fixed Aberrant Shape’s Devour Intellect spell not applying stun and reducing Intelligence correctly.
    • Fixed Dragon's Grasp not dealing additional damage to burning targets.
    • Fixed a variety of broken NPC Ensnaring Strike actions across the game.
    • Flaming Sphere can no longer climb ladders.
    • Fixed Flaming Sphere not always applying area damage correctly.
    • Fixed being able to target yourself with Friends spell.
    • Fixed condition from Guiding Bolt spell not being removed by offhand attacks.
    • Fixed Warding Flare activating only once per turn.

• General
    • Fixed Aberrant Shape for Moon Druids.
    • Fixed Ash surface igniting flammable surfaces on touch.
    • Fixed not being able to move some crates.
    • Fixed being able to eat some buckets.
    • Fixed sometimes not being able to shove characters into deep chasms due to angle limit.
    • Fixed dual wielding using the same attack roll for both attacks.
    • Sneak Attack now requires a Finesse weapon in the main hand.
    • Fixed being able to still perform actions after having ended your shared turn.
    • Fixed certain dialogues being skipped abruptly in multiplayer.
    • The Great Weapon Master feature no longer triggers on a critical miss.
    • Fixed effects sometimes not being applied properly to characters in a certain state (like Prone).
    • Murdering NPCs out of combat again has appropriate consequences.
    • Added new journal updates for Halsin's subquests to fix the quest ending prematurely or reaching a dead end.
    • Restored missing Fey Ancestry for Drow NPCs.
    • Gave Drow NPCs their intended armor visual sets.
    • Fixed savegames with specific characters not showing up in the savegame list.
    • Fixed lootable objects from other floors being highlighted when pressing ALT.
    • Fixed the 'end force turn-based mode' button sometimes not working correctly.
    • Fixed jumping down to a party member sometimes dealing massive damage.
    • Fixed NPCs not using Dash anymore after being proned in combat.
    • Fixed rare issue with combat getting stuck due to attack of opportunity.
    • Fixed other players getting kicked out of the level-up screen if another player starts force turn-based mode.
    • Fixed enemies not getting surprised status correctly when attacking from stealth.
    • Fixed 'Invalid Target' message when trying to throw specific items like barrels or dead bodies.
    • Fixed landing animations on damaging jumps that do not knock you down.
    • Fixed not being able to resurrect correctly when selecting a target location.
    • Fixed NPCs not trying to stop you when escaping prison.
    • Fixed trajectory preview when trying to shove heavy targets.
    • Fixed unintended AI bias towards targets with lower HP. Some enemies will still pursue killing blows, but any bias towards lower HP targets outside of killing blow range was unintended.
    • Fixed characters on the edge of moving platforms sliding and sometimes falling off.
    • Fixed revived characters not triggering Attack of Opportunity anymore.
    • Fixed certain NPCs losing their signature spells after loading a savegame.
    • Fixed being able to pick up items that are too heavy by using Alt+click.
    • Fixed inventory weight not updating correctly after consuming an item.
    • Fixed Prone characters skipping their turns when stuck in certain surfaces that affect their movement.
    • Fixed thrown items not doing impact damage in certain conditions.
    • Fixed incorrect climbing animations for clients in multiplayer.
    • Fixed certain animations not playing for clients in multiplayer if latency was too high.
    • Fixed eyewitness reactions to murdering a guard still occuring when they shouldn't.
    • Fixed several passive skill rolls (Harper's Stash, Goblin's Ambush, Selune's secret shrine, Injured Drow, Tree Stash).
    • Fixed some stat inconsistencies with bugbears.
    • Fixed issues with NPCs sometimes not reacting to using forbidden items.
    • Fixed the examine window breaking when the player's Wisdom is low.
    • Fixed Multiplayer Lobby still showing player icon after they get kicked from reducing slot count.
    • Characters should now properly avoid Enchanted Vines surface.
    • Fixed visuals for Goblin Short Bow.
    • Fixed a general spellcasting animation issue.
    • Fixed items not being confiscated correctly when a player is arrested.
    • Fixed combat AI sometimes trying to heal their friends if they are immune to healing (e.g. zombies).
    • Disarming a tripwire next to a rolling boulder trap no longer triggers it.
    • Fixed an issue where AI would wait for excessively long if it failed to find a valid action to execute.
    • Fixed various issues with NPC wildshapes.
    • Skeletons are no longer in a celebratory mood when emerging from coffins.

• Nautiloid
    • Fixed a traversal bug near Us by tweaking level design.
    • Fixed combat fallback dialogue for Us / Intellect Devourers.
    • Lae'zel no longer tries to jump down on the Nautiloid if she's dead.
    • Fixed the Mind Flayer on the Nautiloid talking before actually attacking.

• Overgrown Ruins
    • Soul coins are now properly placed in the Chapel and no longer have the 'Story Item' property.
    • Attacking Nymessa, Damays, or any of the bandits outside of the chapel now properly ends their dialogues and starts combat.

• Druid Grove
    • Fixed Mud Mephits sometimes not using their spells.
    • Sleeping bear in the Grove should now face the right way when sleeping.
    • Nettie's dialogue about poison now triggers normally if the player enters her room wildshaped.
    • Fixed Topaz moving its coin out of its nest and thinking the coin was gone.
    • Fixed NPCs trying to path through the gate of the Grove when terrified.
    • Fixed issue with Sazza not reacting to the death of her captors.
    • Fixed some druids ignoring invisibility statuses on players.
    • Fixed issue where the Robbed Adventurer dialogue ended prematurely if the guard was too far away.
    • Fixed an issue with Mattis thinking you bought something when you actually sold him something.
    • Fixed an issue where Grove characters would be part of combats they weren't supposed to participate in.
    • Fixed dialogue options for Tiefling Warlocks in Wyll's recruitment dialogue. 
    • Fixed issue at the Plea at the Gates where Wyll would take too long to end his turns.

• Blighted Village
    • Novices Andrick and Brynna now leave as intended after the encounter.
    • In the encounter with Novices Andrick and Brynna, the Medicine ability check now correctly uses Wisdom instead of Intelligence.
    • Ogres now wield their intended weapons and correctly use Strength to throw things (instead of Dexterity).
    • Fixed Tracker Dullwill's dialogue hostile reactivity.
    • Fixed Owlbear not gaining the Enraged status during combat.

• Goblin Camp
    • Fixed issue with the goblin scouts not being able to talk to Sazza.
    • Brakkal won't run away through walls anymore, and the interaction with him through walls themselves is made easier.
    • Goblins now only say "someone let crawlies out' if you actually let crawlies (spiders) out.
    • Fixed spiders in Spider Nest ignoring combats around them even when they can easily reach those combats.
    • Fixed Happy Torturers torture scene starting even when both Spike and his assistant have run away to their battlestations.
    • Liam will no longer run away while unconscious.
    • Fixed Bosk not checking if Volo is still alive and present.
    • Fixed the dead adventurer's corpse being inaccessible while fighting the goblin kids.
    • Fixed Crusher's storytelling dialogue to include his friend goblins correctly.

• Swamp
    • Fixed Redcaps not looking like themselves after they are revealed.
    • Fixed a bug with Mayrina's cage that would block targeted spells.
    • Fixed issue with Redcap's bloodlust that sometimes caused them to skip their own turns.

• The Risen Road
    • Fixed a newborn gnoll appearing next to a dead hyena after succeeding to kill it inside the womb.
    • Conversations with Anders are no longer interrupted when another player enters the house.
    • Fixed Anders' Cleric spells (removed Trip Attack).
    • Raphael will no longer appear in camp immediately after abandoning Lae'zel at the githyanki patrol.
    • You can now only mention Nymessa and Damays in the githyanki patrol if you met them in Lae'zel's recruitment.

• Waukeen's Rest
    • Fixed frightened oxen in Waukeen's Rest being significantly offset in their dialogue.
    • Fixed backdraft when opening the room in which Benryn is trapped.
    • Adjusted a hatch in the Zhentarim storeroom that was floating above the ground.

• Underdark
    • Glut now correctly follows players in the Kua-Toa area of Underdark.
    • Fixed the raft encounter not starting if the player is invisible.
    • Fixed some minor issues and inconsistencies in the Gekh Coal encounter.
    • Fixed several issues with the Automaton's spell usage in combat.

Game's on my STEAM wish list.  I won't touch it until it's finished though as I don't want to spoil the initial playthrough.  But it is looking really good.

One thing I haven't figured out yet, is how is this Balder's Gate III?  In BG1 & BG2 your character is a child of Bhaal, but I'm not seen any reference to Bhaal in the game.  Seems to all be about Mind Flayers and such.  This just seems like any game set in the Forgotten Realms world, but not related to the Bhaalspawn sage that the first two BG games were about.

1 hour ago, LeBurns said:

how is this Balder's Gate III? 

I suspect it was a nostalgia-based marketing decision.  "Baldur's Gate" is a brand name that consumers recognize.  :devil:

That doesn't mean it won''t be a terrific game though.  Larian has done great work in the past, in my opinion, and these impressive patch notes suggest to me that they are taking this game very seriously.  

I to be honest have not been following this game. I did enjoy the originals but I am wondering what sort of game it will be. The traditionanal top down squad game or something more like dragon age or maybe even Elder Scrolls.

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

I to be honest have not been following this game. I did enjoy the originals but I am wondering what sort of game it will be. The traditionanal top down squad game or something more like dragon age or maybe even Elder Scrolls.

If you played Divinity Original Sin (1 & 2) it's the same perspective while playing (I suspect the same game engine just upgraded), plus cut scenes like Dragon Age.

42 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

If you played Divinity Original Sin (1 & 2) it's the same perspective while playing (I suspect the same game engine just upgraded), plus cut scenes like Dragon Age.

I can't recall much about the original BG1 + 2, but have seen dedicated fans describing BG3 as feeling more like a Neverwinter Nights sequel than BG3.

Story wise I don't think its spawn of Bhaal, but who knows we beta testers need to be fed more than Act 1 ... mooooar! 

Visually it's Larian's D:OS style, feels like NWN, but more advanced with the D&D 5e ruleset. Edit: Oh and height is much more of a thing, pushing NPCs off ledges occasionally, puzzles with how to move some things ..

Personally I am just accepting it for what it is, developed by a different company than the original, if you have no BG series hopes / expectations its a very good game, but probably a bit dissapointing for series fans. Well, until they play it for a while I reckon opinions will change in the long run and this will become another nostalgic favourite. But still a few years development yet I reckon.

No idea when its going to come out of Early Access, so I am mostly playing other games for now so as to leave enough new experience for when it does go live.

Thanks, that makes it a bit clearer. I did like NWN so that should be ok but I think I will pass until it is nearer launch and try it fresh with no pre knowledge out side the usual press releases.