XB1 Can’t download USSEP

lrsrss28

Just tried again it's a no go 87%

and gone . Theygreening Who is Horker he is not on this post ! What was his suggestion?? Thank You

I have been having this issue too. I never had it back in my old state with Xfinity but now I’m in Arizona with Frontier as my ISP.  I pretty much need USSEP and cutting room floor to continue my old play through. I hope it works for me soon.

17 minutes ago, pussyflute69 said:

I have been having this issue too. I never had it back in my old state with Xfinity but now I’m in Arizona with Frontier as my ISP.  I pretty much need USSEP and cutting room floor to continue my old play through. I hope it works for me soon.

Yeah it happened to mine out of nowhere. But it’s the most important patch in the game so I’m sure it’ll get fixed soon. 

I agree with Arthmoor because before the weekend my ISP had an update and so after rebooting my router in the closet to make sure the other routers had access to internet as well I checked to see if I was able to download the mod as I read that several different ISPs were causing the same problem "mod only downloads to 87% and gives error message about how it can't be completed". After messing with my router I cleared the 5GB reserved space and hard rebooted the Xbox and I got on and tried downloading it and it worked just fine, so I think the ISPs need to update to remove that bad AWS cache as I recall reading in an earlier post once they do that I think everyone else should be able to download it no problem. (thank you for coming to my TED talk)

14 minutes ago, TekkenEvolution said:

I agree with Arthmoor because before the weekend my ISP had an update and so after rebooting my router in the closet to make sure the other routers had access to internet as well I checked to see if I was able to download the mod as I read that several different ISPs were causing the same problem "mod only downloads to 87% and gives error message about how it can't be completed". After messing with my router I cleared the 5GB reserved space and hard rebooted the Xbox and I got on and tried downloading it and it worked just fine, so I think the ISPs need to update to remove that bad AWS cache as I recall reading in an earlier post once they do that I think everyone else should be able to download it no problem. (thank you for coming to my TED talk)

I’ve rebooted from the nighthawk app. I’ll try and do a hard reset. 

10 minutes ago, pussyflute69 said:

UPDATE: it worked for me, I switched to a 5G extension on my internet and it downloaded for me. Thank god

What were your exact steps. I did a hard reset on the router. I’ll try the extension on 5g. Which part did you hard reset Xbox 

No change for me.  I tried hard reset again, reset my modem, unplugged everything for a full 30 minutes, changed internet connection to 2G from 5G, then back again after a no go download at 2G.  (So. Cal with Spectrum ISP)  Glad to see some of you getting it to work!

Why is it just USSEP that can’t be downloaded? Wouldn’t other mods be affected if I’m downloading them on the same internet connection?  Wouldn’t they be in the same AWS cache?

This is just too weird.  I miss Cutting Room Floor, Provincial Courier, not to mention all the little details that are fixed by USSEP.  So frustrating.

I do believe it is the isp though because I tried my brothers Xbox and it still wouldn’t work. Unless it’s a glitch where it’s entrained in the account. But I wiped my bathesda saves as well. Still didn’t work. 

1 hour ago, lrsrss28 said:

Why is it just USSEP that can’t be downloaded? Wouldn’t other mods be affected if I’m downloading them on the same internet connection?  Wouldn’t they be in the same AWS cache?

Who knows, but no, other mods wouldn't necessarily be affected if the specific file in the cache is what's corrupt. The fact that it's resolving for people now means the AWS source file is probably fixed and all that needs to happen is for the ISPs down the line from there need to revalidate.

26 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Who knows, but no, other mods wouldn't necessarily be affected if the specific file in the cache is what's corrupt. The fact that it's resolving for people now means the AWS source file is probably fixed and all that needs to happen is for the ISPs down the line from there need to revalidate.

27 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Thanks for staying up on it. Without that mod the games unplayable after using it once. 

8 minutes ago, Thomaswanderson17 said:

Thanks for staying up on it. Without that mod the games unplayable after using it once.

I second this!  Thanks for keeping us up to date. Skyrim is just not the same without USSEP and all your mods.

6 minutes ago, lrsrss28 said:

I second this!  Thanks for keeping us up to date. Skyrim is just not the same without USSEP and all your mods.

Ok it worked this time. Did a hard reset on my modem, changed the name of my WiFi, went to my Xbox and deleted the 5gb of date on Skyrim, did a hard reset on Xbox. Added new internet, and it downloaded. Don’t know what steps are not needed but that’s what I did step by step. 

Just now, Thomaswanderson17 said:

Ok it worked this time. Did a hard reset on my modem, changed the name of my WiFi, went to my Xbox and deleted the 5gb of date on Skyrim, did a hard reset on Xbox. Added new internet, and it downloaded. Don’t know what steps are not needed but that’s what I did step by step. 

And when I say added new internet, i mean input new WiFi since I changed name. 

Yes Last night I gave it a try and it downloaded . I had already did all my resets and cleaning before I started my new game . So I had some hours of play before I finally was able to download . I was stunned !!  It corrected itself I think!! Thank you all on this post for sharing info . I added all my favorite Arthmoor mods that depended on this one!!! 😃👍🏻

2 hours ago, witcher711 said:

Yes Last night I gave it a try and it downloaded . I had already did all my resets and cleaning before I started my new game . So I had some hours of play before I finally was able to download . I was stunned !!  It corrected itself I think!! Thank you all on this post for sharing info . I added all my favorite Arthmoor mods that depended on this one!!! 😃👍🏻

This gives me hope!  😀

Still no go for me, I’m afraid.  I’ll keep trying.

There was a major outage of Spectrum internet service in my area this morning of about 4 hours.  Looking on my phone, the outage seemed to be widespread.  After service was restored, I decided to try and download USSEP.  First, I cleared all reserved space from the game.  I was successful!  USSEP is now in my load order!

Thank you to all who posted here with suggestions and updates.  Hopefully all who have this problem will have it resolved shortly.

Thanks to ARTHMOOR and the community here for all you do to improve The Elder Scrolls series.

So from the sound of things here it looks like Spectrum not only caches the data at the ISP level but that their routers also contain some sort of local resource cache of some kind as well. Obviously not actual copies of the files but pointers to where the ISP proxy is keeping the data. So resetting the router clears this information and forces it to go collect it again.

At least that's what it sounds like. It'd be a weird way of doing things if that's what's going on.

It sounds vaguely like the ISP or XBox or something is caching old HTTP 1.0 Cache-Control lines. So we can assume that bulk data transfer is using HTTP instead of TCP itself. (A braindead inefficient technique.) HTTP wasn't designed for this.

A lot of caching was fixed in HTTP 1.1 (1997), but perhaps XBox or Spectrum isn't using even 1.1. Yet should have been updated to RFC-7234 (2014). We really expect that products update at least in 3 years, so this should have updated at least twice since then. Very sad.

My guess is the modem & router & WiFi resets have nothing to do with it.

• 3 months later...

I’m having the same issue, although im not in SoCal I’m in Minnesota. Also have spectrum, although one of my friends with consolidated communications also can’t download USSEP

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I've had this problem for awhile now and to be honest it's uncalled for that the mod won't work and we're still forced to use it to actually have good fun gameplay, its been two years bud stop saying that it isn't yalls fault you made the mod right? And had help, right? So fix it if you want happy customers instead of complaining that it isn't your fault, it ends up being your fault when it isn't fixed and NO its not because where I live because it use to work until it didn't..TWO YEARS AGO! 🤦🏻‍♀️ honestly just please get it together or have new people help you because clearly nun changed. We shouldn't even need a mod for the game to work right and be good and fun it should already be in the game most of it with basic realistic mods and clearly the game can take it if people are making mods of realism, Good day to you. (I live in ohio btw north)

I think you may have us confused with BGS customer support - they're the ones you need to address their server issues with. We have no control over their equipment at all.

Besides, this particular post is 2 years old now and was about a specific outage issue between BGS and Spectrum internet.