A remedy for Mjoll and her Grimsever.

Leonardo

A while back I started a new game without using mods, only had SKSE64 installed, and after I escaped Helgen with Hadvar I wanted to use the mods I once used 1-2 years ago, so after I installed them I continue playing.

Not long ago, around level 15-20 I think, I visit Riften for the first time and heard Mjoll talking to Aerin as usual, but he wasn't present and the scene between them didn't played.

After that Mjoll doesn't make her daily patrol with Aerin in Riften nor did I get the dialogoue for the Grimsever's Return quest from her either (see the bugs) and right now I'm in that cell Grimsever is supposed to be found.

The only thing that's there is the bloody hide leather shield, but Grimsever is missing.  What do I do?  Use a console command e.g increase relation, add Grimsever (will add a second copy of Grimsever) and talk to Mjoll.

Aside from that I think Mjoll and the quest probably need a separate mod to fix the bugs Bethesda created in vanilla since using USSEP (using the latest) doesn't seem to help. :shrug:

Using console commands so freely is how this kind of thing breaks to begin with. That's not Bethesda's fault, and certainly not an issue for USSEP to correct.

5 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

That's not Bethesda's fault, and certainly not an issue for USSEP to correct.

I didn't say USSEP need to fix this, all I said was that using USSEP doesn't seem to help.

After using the "player.setrelationshiprank 00019df7 5" command in the console and letting 1-2 days pass in-game I was able to get the quest started and talk to Mjoll about Grimsever.

Today, I went back to the location Grimsever can be found during the quest and it was there alright, so I grab it and talked to Mjoll about finding Grimsever then I gave it to her.  Which finish the quest properly.

Listen, I think there is something in the game that prevents that dialogue for Mjoll to get started and without getting the dialogue no quest will be triggered.

What I'm trying to say is that when I started the game I didn't use USSEP and only later I added USSEP along with other mods, so the bugs USSEP are supposed to fix doesn't get fixed (obviously not for Mjoll) due for not using USSEP when I started a new game.

Does that makes sense to you?