I don't have a book

Hestonworld

So I've started a new save with USSEP and a few mods (Cutting room floor, SkyUI, Run for your lives, Engine fixes and Ordinator) and for some reason I didn't receive a book for removing unwanted effects. What could it be? Mods are installed via Vortex, steam license, fresh start.

I started a new save and received a book this time but also one level of Sneak(from 15 to 16) when I entered the keep with Hadvar. Something strange is happening... 

There is also a bug report with the same issue: https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=29269

Well here's the deal. That book is in a script section that cannot be skipped, so I don't see how it's possible for this to happen, and every test character I've fired up gets the book no matter what.

The alternative here is that we go back to the method being used before and stick a shrine or other object in a prominent location for people to find. The reason we removed that was because everyone and their dog bitched endlessly about it, but if this book thing isn't going to work, that's the only reliable option left to us since we cannot make use of SKSE with the patch and thus can't set the thing up in an MCM option.

Now since you're saying you have other mods installed, one of which is made by someone known to hate our project for no rational reason, perhaps you should ask them if they've done something to block adding the book.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, Hestonworld said:

So I've started a new save with USSEP and a few mods (Cutting room floor, SkyUI, Run for your lives, Engine fixes and Ordinator) and for some reason I didn't receive a book for removing unwanted effects. What could it be? Mods are installed via Vortex, steam license, fresh start.

I started a new save and received a book this time but also one level of Sneak(from 15 to 16) when I entered the keep with Hadvar. Something strange is happening... 

There is also a bug report with the same issue: https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=29269

I did the same thing in my current game and I got that book, so I wonder if you cleaned the official masters or not since I did that and had no issues to get the book.  Note, I don't use the Ordinator mod.

So, I suggest that you remove those mods except for CRF and USSEP, just to see if you get the book. :)

12 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Well here's the deal. That book is in a script section that cannot be skipped, so I don't see how it's possible for this to happen, and every test character I've fired up gets the book no matter what.

The alternative here is that we go back to the method being used before and stick a shrine or other object in a prominent location for people to find. The reason we removed that was because everyone and their dog bitched endlessly about it, but if this book thing isn't going to work, that's the only reliable option left to us since we cannot make use of SKSE with the patch and thus can't set the thing up in an MCM option.

Now since you're saying you have other mods installed, one of which is made by someone known to hate our project for no rational reason, perhaps you should ask them if they've done something to block adding the book.

I'm new to modding and just realized that I didn't clean master files via SSEEdit, maybe that will help. Also can you tell me who hates your project? CRF and Run for your lives are your mods so I guess it's either Ordinator or SSE Engine fixes. 

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

I did the same thing in my current game and I got that book, so I wonder if you cleaned the official masters or not since I did that and had no issues to get the book.  Note, I don't use the Ordinator mod.

So, I suggest that you remove those mods except for CRF and USSEP, just to see if you get the book. :)

Well I never have cleared them despite Vortex saying that they require clearing. I'm going to do this now.

Opinions on the subject of cleaning have been changing of late given the number of times xEdit has caused an issue of some sort in a worldspace or other record that causes the game to more or less break for those areas. I stopped doing this awhile back and the game seems fine without it. So that's not going to be your issue.

As for who hates our project, that would be the Ordinator author. He's been quite vocal about it when the opportunity arises for him to say something.

34 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Opinions on the subject of cleaning have been changing of late given the number of times xEdit has caused an issue of some sort in a worldspace or other record that causes the game to more or less break for those areas. I stopped doing this awhile back and the game seems fine without it. So that's not going to be your issue.

As for who hates our project, that would be the Ordinator author. He's been quite vocal about it when the opportunity arises for him to say something.

Well that sucks because from all gameplay mods the most important for me is a perk overhaul(as you can see I don't have any other gameplay mods at the moment) and Ordinator is the most popular. And I just found out that his mods don't follow the changes from the USSEP(I'm not entirely sure though) and I think it can cause some problems. But I appreciate your mods(especially USSEP) and would be glad to hear your opinion. Do you use any perk overhaul or similar mod that you can recommend? Your mods list also can help... Thanks :)

Skyshards is not a perk overhaul since it does nothing to change what the vanilla perks actually do, nor does it introduce any new ones to the game.

I don't use any perk overhauls myself because that's not the type of gameplay I'm looking for. I prefer mods that bring in new content to the game. Things like Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, and village mods. Which is why most of my focus on stuff outside of the patch goes to bringing in new villages or expanding on existing ones.

Enai does good work and his mods are well regarded. I just don't know what his beef is with the USSEP since he's never really made a coherent statement on the subject that wasn't laced with bile and hate for the project, and me in particular. He goes around posting stuff like this on reddit:

I ended up having to port a bug from USSEP because Arthmoor naturally didn't believe it was a bug and called me a liar. Make of that what you want.

Yet I have no idea what he's talking about since the only interactions we ever seem to have is him trying to tell me USSEP is garbage.

17 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Skyshards is not a perk overhaul since it does nothing to change what the vanilla perks actually do, nor does it introduce any new ones to the game.

I don't use any perk overhauls myself because that's not the type of gameplay I'm looking for. I prefer mods that bring in new content to the game. Things like Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, and village mods. Which is why most of my focus on stuff outside of the patch goes to bringing in new villages or expanding on existing ones.

Enai does good work and his mods are well regarded. I just don't know what his beef is with the USSEP since he's never really made a coherent statement on the subject that wasn't laced with bile and hate for the project, and me in particular. He goes around posting stuff like this on reddit:

Yet I have no idea what he's talking about since the only interactions we ever seem to have is him trying to tell me USSEP is garbage.

Calling the most popular Skyrim mod garbage is a very bold statement indeed. However, I really like Ordinator and will use it with USSEP. I hope nothing will break.

I've used Ordinator with USSEP together in the past without any issues. Never mind. I was thinking of the versions before the book was added. I haven't played in awhile.

Edited by Jac