Animation debugging knowledge

DayDreamer

I'm looking around for some method of decoding the animations to see what they do. I'd noticed a post about converting them to text format, but now cannot find it.

Specifically, there's IdleCartExitInstant: turned off in CarriageSystemScript by default (there's a global TestCartQuickExit). When I try it, NPCs disappear and come running back up the road. If I could make it work, for both NPCs and player, it would help immensely. Apparently the developers thought so too, but never got it working properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found the old (May 14) post again today in the Tes5Edit discussion. Knew I'd seen it somewhere. Now where is Skyrim Sniff?

I'm assuming you're looking for this: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/67829

If so, that works perfectly fine on LE and SE meshes in addition to the older games. I used it to check some things on USSEP meshes recently, and aside from a few hiccups in processing, it exported to JSON just fine.

Thanks, that must be what you were referencing on the xEdit thread. Apparently "Skyrim Sniff" wasn't the best search. I'd never thought about New Vegas.... I'll give it a try.