Morrowind modding tools?

Jac

Hey everybody. Old MW modder here who's been out of the loop for a long time. I know about TES3CMD and TESTool, but I was wondering if there were any other MW modding tools that have been released lately? I heard talk about xEdit (or something similar) being back-ported to MW, but I was wondering if that ever happened. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 2:06 AM, Jac said:

I know about TES3CMD and TESTool, but I was wondering if there were any other MW modding tools that have been released lately?

I forgot to mention Sharlikran's WMSA and I know it's working since I tested the code in late 2017.  Aside from missing many features that WB has I would say it's stable and reminds the user a lot of the mod management in WB.

There is also Wrye Mash for OpenMW.

• 11 months later...

@Jac @Leonardo Any good with Lua as OpenMW has recently made major strides with an alternative improved engine for Morrowind. It's also implementing a fix for the lighting engine bug, in regards to a light source issue present in original game.

Lua is a significantly improved scripting engine over the original scripting language of Morrowind in the original game. If not when the OpenMW version 0.47 reaches its stable release, then at some point in the future.

In either case it would be outstanding to see what you can do with OpenMW, and its script language (especially with Lua). One thing coming to OpenMW is that they are working to natively support multiplayer functionality.

OpenMW has its own compatible editing modding tools for creating modifications for this new engine. Plus it doesn't matter whether you use Windows, Mac OS or even GNU/Linux operating system when gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

I never used Lua, so I doubt I'll be doing any programming or scripting in OpenMW. I also didn't create the scripts for Jasmine, those were done by Melian who modified Grumpy's original companion scripts; all I did was modify them as needed. I believe Jasmine was already ported to OpenMW, but I don't have a link for the download. I found it by searching for "Jasmine Morrowind" awhile back.