Secret of Cabot House bug

keshuff017

Is there any fix for the Secret of Cabot House bug where if you side with Jack and kill Lorenzo, you’re supposed to return to Jack in a week at Parson’s asylum to talk about the artifact, but you can’t talk to Jack? It seems I returned too late, and Jack has already aged, now I can’t obtain the artifact or complete the miscellaneous quest of “Talk to Jack about the artifact”. 

• 9 months later...

This has happened to me a few times when I missed the notification to return to Jack. I don't have a fix for how to get around it other than if you're on pc and can use console commands. Since this happened I try to count the days and be very careful to watch for the notification and go see Jack asap so I don't get stuck with the quest in the journal forever. 

I gave up on this one and just go to Cabot House and abscond with the one on the table upstairs and call it a day. 

There's a ticket in the bug tracker, but no, there still isn't a known solution if you happen to run into this bug. Chances are high that the issue would be impossible to fix retroactively on an existing game even if we were to figure out what's wrong. This is only a guess, but the underlying problem could be related to certain aliases not being filled correctly like with the "Emogene Takes a Lover" quest.

I had that bug once. I used the following console commands on PC to fix it:  prid 47ec2  ; enable   (From the Wiki)

There were two Jacks in the room, old and young. Talked to young Jack to get the gun. Then typed disable in the console to remove the young Jack when the quest was completed.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

On PC, entering the console command setstage MS09MiscJackReward 100 will complete the quest, and potentially give you the gun. 

• 6 months later...