[LOOT] got a weird error message, help

dracobatman

An error occurred while parsing the metadata list(s): yaml-cpp: error at line 2329, column 9: bad conversion: invalid condition syntax: Failed to parse condition "(is_master("3DNPC.esp") and is_master("EnhancedLightsandFX.esp")) or (not is_master("3DNPC.esp") and not is_master("EnhancedLightsandFX.esp"))". Details: An error was encountered while parsing the expression "(is_master(\"3DNPC.esp\") and is_master(\"EnhancedLightsandFX.esp\")) or (not is_master(\"3DNPC.esp\") and not is_master(\"EnhancedLightsandFX.esp\"))": Error in parser: Separated list.

Try updating your masterlist to resolve the error. If the error is with your user metadata, this probably happened because an update to LOOT changed its metadata syntax support. Your user metadata will have to be updated manually.

To do so, use the 'Open Debug Log Location' in LOOT's main menu to open its data folder, then open your 'userlist.yaml' file in the relevant game folder. You can then edit the metadata it contains with reference to the documentation, which is accessible through LOOT's main menu.

You can also seek support on LOOT's forum thread, which is linked to on LOOT's website.

well thats about it. i have no idea what happened it was working fine then the next second it reloaded but with this error message

May I recommend posting in the official LOOT thread?

I don't think the author really looks at threads outside of that.  You're more likely to get some help by posting there.