Skyrim Won't Launch

diaewad

I've searched this forum (both through the site's search and through google) and didn't find anything that matched this, so if it has been asked and answered, I apologize. I have only one mod: Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch. When I load it (in any order, including the order specified on the readme), the game just doesn't launch. I'm on a PC, and the game is via Steam. I get not errors whatsoever. It just fails to launch. The Steam button goes from "Stop" to "Play" in about 10 seconds. I tried using manual installation and Skyrim Mod Manager, and the same thing happens both times. I tried downloading from different sites, just in case, and the same thing happens. My Skyrim version is 1.9.32.0 and shows no updates available.

Welcome to AFK Mods, diaewad! :D

Are you sure about the 1.9.32.0 version (final version)?  If you are then you're playing the Skyrim Legendary Edition (SLE).

That kind of information doesn't give us a hint what might be wrong, so please post your loadorder.

I've also alerted Arthmoor about moving this thread to the correct forum as this forum is for the Skyrim Special Edition (SSE).

Hmm.... I just purchased it recently, and Steam doesn't have the legendary edition, but when I went to my Steam library and clicked the Store Page, it takes me to this page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/  I'm quite perplexed, because it doesn't say any kind of edition. I guess I just assumed I had Special Edition, since I just bought it like a month ago. Thank you for your help. I'll try out the USLEEP and see if that works.

Yup. Looks like that was the problem. Super strange. I don't know how I ended up with LE when I wanted SE. It is what it is, I guess. Thank you so much for your help.

If you ended up with the wrong edition you should get Steam to refund it and then go here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/489830/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Special_Edition/

Steam should not have sent you to the page for LE since it's been disabled from all search methods on the site. Did you by chance by this key from an external site? They are often careless with which edition they're selling on those sites.