Two unrelated questions... don't know if I should start two threads

Malonn

A couple questions have come up for modders here.

1. I'll also ask this on the xEdit Discord, but if a record has no (zero) references, then it is not used by the plugin, right?  My understanding says that is true for most records, except maybe quests and dialog, right?  I plan on striping a mod of unused records, and want to be sure I understand.

2. In KotN, the regions of the Imperial City have the single edit of removing snow from the weathers there.  Why?  Is that necessary?

What I've discovered, for a more helpful post:

1. If a record has zero references in xEdit, it does not mean it is not used.  I've been told this, suspected this, and verified this.  Having said that, depending on the type of record, it could be unused.  You have to know, or at least study, the plugin to figure out whats needed and what isn't.  There is no quick, automated way to determine unused records.

2. My KotN question is best posed to Bethesda, I understand.  The sun has set on the hayday of Oblivion modding.  Perhaps in 2008 someone would have been around who had figured that out.  I will make a "command decision" on what to do with those region edits.  I'm 99.999% sure they are not essential to the plugin...