Rebuilding the civil war?

MrFlagons

usually, when I see a mod that alters the civil war, the description almost always says something about how the civil war is really hard to mod due to the way Bethesda created it, but has anyone ever just tried removing it entirely to make a better civil war? (if that's even possible, I don't know for sure, its just a thought that came to mind)

Removing the way BGS is handling it would be an even larger task than simply trying to follow the maze that already exists, because obviously you'd need to know what to disable so the replacement system you're designing can take over. So nobody has ever bothered to try doing that because it would be too much effort to put forth and likely wouldn't arrive at a fully working replacement for years.

Part of the reason the existing CW is such a mess is because there's a lot of disabled content already associated with it and that confuses people who start looking into things.

• 2 weeks later...

Once I wished that civil war was easy to mod, and Clavicus Vile offered to remove it entirely...

Still, it makes sense in a manner of the Ship of Theseus, removing and rebuilding one part at the time.

Granted, changing the reputation of modding civil war is not really the goal here. If it was, we would start by, let's say, releasing a mod, or a modders resource that deletes or merely deprecates in comments all the parts that are unused. Like, a half of it is.

But pick any other criteria for making the civil war better, and more often than not some sort of Ship of Theseus project could be rolled towards it.