Leveled Characters and Malkoran

Skaidan

Hello,

I was looking at the Malkoran entry in the UESP and found out that his level could be one of the following values: 7, 14, 21, 30 or 40. However, when I checked his entry in the CK, it seems that the leveled list he uses is LCharWarlockBossNecroMaleCondescending, which generates actors of levels 1, 6, 12, 19, 27, 36 and 46. Now, based on the CK's entry on Leveled Characters, the entry in the list is chosen by means of the level of the Encounter Zone and the difficulty tag that is associated with that particular object's reference. In this case, the Encounter Zone min level for Kilkreath Ruins is 24, and the difficulty level of Malkoran is Very Hard. This should mean that the game chooses the item in the list that is closer to 1.25 times the resolved level of the space, without exceeding it. In the case of your character being level 24 or lower, the level of the space is 24 (the minimum level of the Encounter Zone). This should amount to level 30 when multiplying by 1.25, which is exactly the level that Malkoran is when you find him in-game under those circumstances. However, if you follow the leveled list that he would presumably be based on when attending to the CK, he should be level 27 instead, since that is the item in the list with a level closest to the one computed for that particular actor.

In short, I don't understand why the level values are those mentioned in the wiki (and found in-game), but not those that the CK seems to suggest. Also, ¿is it possible for the level 7, 14 and 21 versions of Malkoran to appear in-game?

EDIT: I found out why. It's because, in this particular case, the level of the entries in the leveled list do not correspond to the level of the NPCs they refer to. So, for example, the item in the list with level 36 points to an NPC with level 30, and that's the value you see in-game. If anyone is interested about this and wants to know more details, you can check this discussion.

Edited by Skaidan
Answering my own question and posting additional info