Looking for a Way to Remove Creation Club Backpacks from Level Lists

Baldassre

Hi, I'm new to this forum and slightly new to modding in general. I play on xbox1, and while I appreciate the wealth of mods available on the platform I've started to make my own. I was hoping a more experienced modder would be willing to help me do the following.

The Adventurer's Backpack Creation uses a scripted quest to inject the backpacks into the game. The problem is that these backpacks show up way too often, I've even seen three in a single dresser. I would like to remove the quest that injects these backpacks, and the included leveled lists which would becomes useless without the quest. The problem is that, being on Xbox1, I can't directly edit the creation and have to patch it with another mod. How can I remove this scripted quest with a patch? Failing that, can I safely delete the backpack entries in the level lists that are injected via script?

The idea I'm considering is to copy the quest as override into a patch, then delete everything in the quest so it's empty, and use that patch to overwrite the CC backpacks quest with an empty one. Will this work? I would have tried this or one of the other methods, but I don't want to find out that I've got catastrophic save bloat because of orphaned scripts and such after I'm invested in a play through. Thank's for reading and for any help.

Welcome to AFK Mods! :banana:

If you want to remove the CC backpacks then don't use CC mods.  Or if that doesn't work then make a request for a mod that removes the CC backpacks.

Regarding orphaned scripts, the best solution is to start a new game without mods that's adding scripts.