Arcwind word wall issue

Isthisnecessary

This appears to be a persistent pain in the neck for Skyrim players new (myself) and seasoned alike.  I have Legendary edition Skyrim, I have LOOT, Mod organiser 2, downloaded the unofficial update from nexux via MO2s own downloader and I have followed the necessary procedures to get things to at least work (sorted master order automatically via LOOT, checked plugins in MO2 and ran the game through the MO2 launcher).  I have not included any other mods, just this update so I can play the game as intended.

I am still experiencing the same word wall issue.   The word is glowing but the subsequent absorption animation doesn't occur.  Does anyone have any ideas as to how I've messed it up please?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the reply.  Just to clarify, it is the PC version.  I fear however that this is too technical for me, editing mod files/orders, I don't have Special Edition, only Legendary Edition. 

It's bizarre because some of the bugs have been fixed as things stand, but others, such as being unable to complete quest if I have been to a location and cleared it previously have not.  I'm surprised Bethesda allowed this to continue quite frankly.

Thanks again for your time.

You should keep in mind that the Arcwind Point fix is NOT retroactive so if you didn't start the game with USSEP installed from the beginning, then the site won't work when you eventually get there. It's due to baked in properties for the Papyrus scripts.

Ah right, thank you very much for the heads up.  It appears that Arcwind isn't the only place that's affected by this bug/glich either!  I will continue to try an work around it for now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

16 hours ago, Isthisnecessary said:

I will continue to try an work around it for now.

The only work around that works is to start a new game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 2:35 PM, Leonardo said:

The only work around that works is to start a new game.

Not entirely true.  In my case at least I just had to go back to an earlier save, before I cleared the Arcwind location, but this is now after the unofficial update has been installed.  I now don't have any issue with that wordwall anymore.  Thanks for the input though.

My next impasse......the Bloodskal blade........ not emitting it's energy pulse after doing a power attack.

Your second impasse is caused by exactly the same problem - you didn't have the patch installed when you started that save. The blade fix is NOT retroactive, like the Arcwind Point fix, so when you eventually get there and find it, it won't work because it's been respawned by the engine long before you arrived and is no longer a valid reference for the weapon.

On 4/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, Arthmoor said:

Your second impasse is caused by exactly the same problem - you didn't have the patch installed when you started that save. The blade fix is NOT retroactive, like the Arcwind Point fix, so when you eventually get there and find it, it won't work because it's been respawned by the engine long before you arrived and is no longer a valid reference for the weapon.

You are right, but I found a fix on some forum somewhere where a chap provided console codes to equip the horizontal and vertical spells of the Bloodskal projectile (separately) in order to open the door.

I am aware that I am being a bit hard headed in my approach, but I just want to get through the main quests (which I now have) and find some of the cool weapons and armour before starting anew.

A third impasse, possibly not related to the same issue, is Serana supposed to have the 'I need you to do something' dialogue option, or was that not put in in the first place?

Thanks again for your time and responses!