using knockdown in script results in stuck walking animation after getting up

Tonycubed2

Hi,

been working hard on a variation of Vigor where npcs receive injuries complete with animations.

For falling down I am using knockdown code, see below.  works great until the end, when the npc gets up and then goes into an endless loop walking in place.  any ideas?

ObjectReference kKnockObject = NPCPlayer.PlaceAtMe(FXEmptyActivator)
 kKnockObject.PushActorAway(NPCPlayer, 1)
  kKnockObject.Delete()

utility.Wait(4.0)

debug.SendAnimationEvent(NPCPlayer,"IdleForceDefaultState")
debug.SendAnimationEvent(NPCPlayer,"IdleStop_Loose")

The CK Wiki tells this about sending animation events to actors directly:

" If you use it to send an event to actors, you will most likely mess up the actor permanently as the internal actor data may no longer match their animation state. "

see: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=SendAnimationEvent_-_Debug

I appreciate you answering my post, Sclerocephalus.  I did see that.  I got like 6 other animations working fine though. Only this one is being a pain.  Was hoping for a workaround.

From the PlayAnimation page

PlayAnimation cannot be called on actors. For actors, use SendAnimationEvent. This bypasses the check on ObjectReference that prevents sending events to actors. If you use it to send an event to actors, you may get the actor stuck in the animation (such as the bleed out animation). You can un-stick them by using PlayIdle(IdleStop_Loose).

Jebbalon, I have indeed found out that sendanimation works pretty reliably if followed by idelstoplosse.

However the knock down effect in my script  is not sending any animations to the npc.  It is invoking the effect on a activator near the pc and setting the radius small so only that npc is affected.   But while the npc does fall down nicely and gets up fine he then starts jogging in place forever.