Achieving higher fortify alchemy with unofficial patch than without it

FTR

I am currently trying to LEGIT minmax my character, without any glitches or exploits, while playing on legendary difficulty from level 1.

Currently I am level 41 and I managed to get my fortify alchemy gear as high as 29% and fortify alchemy options as high as 32%. However, in an unrelated issue I realised ancient knowledge ability is bugged and gives me 25% armor bonus which I do not want since I wanted this playthrough to be legit, therefore I installed an unofficial patch.

I immediately went and did the entire loop again to test it, starting with creating 15% fortify enchanting potion without any alchemy gear on me. I managed to get it as high as 34% fortify enchanting potion and 33% fortify alchemy bonus on the gear. I did not test fortify smiting gear because I assume it just depends of my current enchanting bonus.

Either way, I was surprised that I can go higher WITH an unofficial patch than without.

Now can someone help me find an answer to that? Was there a bug related to creating alchemy/enchanting gear that prevented us to go higher than 29% fortify alchemy, or unofficial patch just increased the cap?

Skyrim vanilla:

- fortify enchanting potion - 32%

- fortify alchemy gear - 29%

Skyrim unofficial patch:

- fortify enchanting potion 34%

- fortify alchemy gear 33%

SAME METHOD both times, same perks etc. Not sure why is this happening, can anyone explain?

It's likely just a minor byproduct of all of the effects having been corrected to be in the proper spell schools. No specific effort was made to generate this kind of outcome.