Cheap or Free Games

Arthmoor

No Mans Sky is worth it at $24 people. This also may indicate they're about to release the next big patch so now's the time to jump in if you've been hesitating :)

Let's not forget that Grim Fandango Remaster is currently for free on GoG and GoG Connect has added a slew of new games including the EEs of the infinity games

Assassin's Creed IV is free until the 18th of December, 2017.  You'll need Uplay--Ubisoft puts out a good game every so often, so you'll probably have Uplay... I guess.

It's not just UPlay; everyone is giving away free stuff right now. Good time to be a cheap gamer, lol.

Company of Heroes 2 is free on Humble Bundle. Humble Bundle has had a few different free games out in the past few days, only for a short period at a time (a couple days I think). So be on the lookout for more - I've already missed a couple myself. :-/

Plants vs. Zombies: GotY Edition is free on Origin.

Also, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, LIMBO, and a bunch of other games are free on GOG Connect if you already have them on Steam. It's the first time I have seen BGII:EE on GOG Connect, but I don't religiously check it. The really neat thing about the GOG editions of the Beamdog Enhanced Editions is they also come with a serial code for an original copy of the game. So if you get them through GOG Connect, it is like two free games instead of one! In your game library, click on the Enhanced Edition and navigate to the serial codes, and go to the website to get the original game added to your library.

• 1 month later...

Elex is on sale for 33% off on GoG.com right now, along with a bunch of other titles. Elex is well worth a look by anyone into good RPGs with actual choices and consequences. Also one of the few stand out sci-fi based RPGs in a long time.

20 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Elex is on sale for 33% off on GoG.com right now, along with a bunch of other titles. Elex is well worth a look by anyone into good RPGs with actual choices and consequences. Also one of the few stand out sci-fi based RPGs in a long time.

Interesting.  Who doesn't love a good RPG--and Sci-fi to boot?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skyrim Special Edition is available for 50% off ($19.99) on Steam untill April 23. It is also free to play for this weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/489830/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Special_Edition/

Creation Club content is also on sale. The credits themselves seem to be the same price, but the amount of credits it to buy a mod is supposedly half off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Elex is on sale for 50% off at the Humble Store. This game is definitely worth it!

And now it's on sale on GoG.com for 50% of as well. Along with a bunch of other stuff for the next 3 days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No Man's Sky is on sale 50% off on GoG.com right now. Recent updates have made this into a very cool game and now's the time to try it out if you were thinking about it.

Humble Bundle has Elex on sale for 50% off too. A very overlooked gem of an RPG. Lots of choices and consequences and has good replay value too.

• Arthmoor pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm. Followed the link and it's showing as $9.99 for me. Maybe a regional deal?

Mmm, probably. But I confirm I can get it for free :

twee.jpg

It falls in my caddy for 0.00 € and my only option (as I already own it) is to specify the mail adress of the buddy to whom I wish to offer it as a gift (this buddy should have a GOG account registered with this mail, of course).

So, anybody interested should send me a PM. (May eventually be processed several times)

Arthmoor, do you want it ? I know you already have the game, but the GOG version comes along with a lot of bonus material (FLAC OST, game guide, maps, creators interviews, artbook, calendar, comics...) If so, please remind me your mail adress by PM...

Nah, that's fine. DSoS said it does that if you already own the game. I already have it on GoG.